It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden in plain sight Phonecian coin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
When Hanno set sail with sixty ships to circumnavigate Africa under the behest of the Pharo. The Historical records show that when they reached the Crown of Africa, a storm hit the fleet and some ships were driven into the deep Ocean, Since they sailed on, probably driven by the Trade winds and the Canary current, they came upon an Island that was lush, with deep rivers, where the people lived like Gods and resided in rich villas, and wore clothes of fine cloth. Where there every need was met. The sailors when they returned were sworn to secrecy about this place, for fear all the people of Phonecia would up sticks and leave to dwell there. It goes on... this narrative translated by Deodorus Sicullis.
So considering that the Ships of the Phonecians, were made from the Cedars of Lebanon, and could circumnavigate Africa. I think its safe to assume that they could go anywhere, and probably did.
Here we have a gold coin minted by the Phonecians, is the horse of Phonecia shown standing on the known world of the great trading Empire? If so is it possible that the land shown on the far left is the Island of America. So called because at that stage they had only navigated that bit of it. It could be fair to say the Phonecians kick started the Bronze age. Then found places in the Americas and beyond where the copper and tin, came from to keep them rich and the bronze age going? If this is true, then Most of the world would have been known and navigated, and would have been in a far better international state. Which is interesting as when Carthage fell and was even salted over by the Romans, so nothing would grow there again. Then they alone were left to write the history books, which elevated them, and denounced the rest.What do you think?
Heres a link to the coin www.british-israel.ca...
and another on the same thread that shows some pics of some Red Indian tribes which look very European,and not at all Asiatic its about a third down the page. users.on.net...
edit on 26-7-2013 by anonentity because: missed capital p

edit on 26-7-2013 by anonentity because: missed an e

edit on 26-7-2013 by anonentity because: misse an i

edit on 26-7-2013 by anonentity because: spelling

edit on 26-7-2013 by anonentity because: spelling

edit on 26-7-2013 by anonentity because: wrong p

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have attended lectures by people who talked about these kind of things. There is a lot of evidence but nothing to completely prove what was actually happening long ago. From what I heard and studied later on, it is possible that there was trade going on by many cultures with the Americas. This ran between 3500 BC and 0 AD from what I read. It is very interesting information but I doubt if it will ever be accepted because we have been taught that Columbus discovered America. Columbus couldn't discover Canada though, there were already many Europeans living there when they got up that way. They had been there for many generations.

I think there were many Europeans living in this country, white ones. I think they were mistaken as settlers, there were so many languages, most people couldn't understand each other, the assumption that they came over after columbus could be just an assumption. We will never know. These people would have come in from the northern areas from Europe. Of course, there was no record keeping back then except in the governments and most of the records were destroyed by the victor of battle.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If the Australian sites pan out it might make a few mainstreamers sit up and take note.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Interesting.
It seems that your links are not working though.

It is thought by some that during Solomon's time as king that he worked with king Hiram the Phoenicians to bring the supplies he needed. From the "cedar of Lebanon" to gold from Ophir.
Some believe Ophir may have been South America.

Quad

ETA: I tried the links again and they seem ok now. S&F
edit on 26-7-2013 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2013 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
www.ensignmessage.com...
Here is a little food for thought....

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I've fixed the links they were a bit finicky. This subject has always struck me as interesting, Its almost as if we are looking at a different world view. Where real history gets put on the backburner for political reasons. Columbus never set foot on mainland America. Till the day he died he thought he was in Asia , which makes me think he was a very lucky man, with some old maps that helped him out. Since he was facing a mutiny, and got through it by telling the mutineers they were just a couple of days from land.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Interesting read. Wherever all that gold came from, there must be quite a lot of, mine workings there to bear testament. I bet that's what pissed the Romans off, not knowing where the gold was.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

edit on 7-27-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The problem I have with a bronze age culture interacting and having trade relations with Pre-columbian America is that Pre-Columbian Amerians were STILL using stone aged tools when the Spanish arrived.

Were there regular or even brief contact between the new world and the old world there would have been some trade not only in material goods, but also technologies like bronze smithing.

Do we see Bronze age style weapons in the new world?
NO.

We see lots of flint knives and clubs studded with obsidian and such, but, no bronze swords or other similar that would have come at a huge advantage in the war-like cultures of South America.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

As you have noted if there was 'trade' why no signs of it. I suggest a look at a real trade route..Romans with India and the easily found traces of it

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

Oh? Are you sure that comes from DSs translation or does it come from a later fantasy poem?

Link to primary source please

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I have attended lectures by people who talked about these kind of things. There is a lot of evidence but nothing to completely prove what was actually happening long ago. From what I heard and studied later on, it is possible that there was trade going on by many cultures with the Americas. This ran between 3500 BC and 0 AD from what I read. It is very interesting information but I doubt if it will ever be accepted because we have been taught that Columbus discovered America. Columbus couldn't discover Canada though, there were already many Europeans living there when they got up that way. They had been there for many generations.

I think there were many Europeans living in this country, white ones. I think they were mistaken as settlers, there were so many languages, most people couldn't understand each other, the assumption that they came over after columbus could be just an assumption. We will never know. These people would have come in from the northern areas from Europe. Of course, there was no record keeping back then except in the governments and most of the records were destroyed by the victor of battle.

What colonial power took over and destroyed the records of which other colonial power? Spain and Portugal were one government from 1578 to 1640 but neither destroyed the records of the other.

Any evidence for any of these claims?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The South American Indians made better bronze than Europe. Smelting as far as the north American indian goes might not have been possible with regards to their lifestyle. However they used copper tools and meteorite iron, which would have had to be heated and hammered. They were quite capable skilled and dexterous, but smelting ore requires a settled existence.
edit on 27-7-2013 by anonentity because: extra bits

edit on 27-7-2013 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The problem I have with a bronze age culture interacting and having trade relations with Pre-columbian America is that Pre-Columbian Amerians were STILL using stone aged tools when the Spanish arrived.

Were there regular or even brief contact between the new world and the old world there would have been some trade not only in material goods, but also technologies like bronze smithing.

Do we see Bronze age style weapons in the new world?
NO.

We see lots of flint knives and clubs studded with obsidian and such, but, no bronze swords or other similar that would have come at a huge advantage in the war-like cultures of South America.

Let us also note that, shortly after the arrival of Europeans, literally millions of South American natives succumbed to disease - almost certainly smallpox, primarily.

Where's the evidence for the big die-off from Pre-Columbian contact in antiquity? Why weren't the survivors of that catastrophe more immune to these diseases, the way Europeans were?

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Remember that the wealth of the maritime empire was based on knowledge, if that knowledge was shared your power base was debased .The Phoenicians were tight.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity

Remember that the wealth of the maritime empire was based on knowledge, if that knowledge was shared your power base was debased .The Phoenicians were tight.

Yes they kept trade routes secret BUT they traded extensively and their trade goods can be found everywhere in their trade network .........so what were the trading with the new world?

Take a look at a real inter civilization trade port Arikamedu
edit on 27/7/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity

The South American Indians made better bronze than Europe. Smelting as far as the north American indian goes might not have been possible with regards to their lifestyle. However they used copper tools and meteorite iron, which would have had to be heated and hammered. They were quite capable skilled and dexterous, but smelting ore requires a settled existence.
edit on 27-7-2013 by anonentity because: extra bits

edit on 27-7-2013 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

Did they?There were settled tribes in NA

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes they kept trade routes secret BUT they traded extensively and their trade goods can be found everywhere in their trade network .........so what were the trading with the new world? 

Hmmmmm..... Alcohol and cigarettes?

Na, that can't be right. Tobacco was indigenous to the Americas.

Quad

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I doubt whether they needed to trade anything, if you just started digging up ore and smelting it, who were you required to trade with? Most of the lands they might have dealt with were inhabited by hunter gatherers who would move on. If You gave them a knife, just to stay clear of the mining operation it would have worn out. According to industrial pollution sediments in lakes of Chile, the south American Indians started smelting 2000 years ago. They used arsenic bronze for tools, and tin bronze for household items.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Opium was endemic in ancient times that would do it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join