It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Promise To 'Protect Whistleblowers' Just Disappeared From Change.gov

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Big FSTI. The STI stands for surprise that is. I'll let you figure out the 'F'.

The folks from the Sunlight Foundation have noticed that the Change.gov website, which was set up by the Obama transition team after the election in 2008 has suddenly been scrubbed of all of its original content.

Oh... Weird.

Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled.

Huh. Sounds like a nice 'change'. Of course now that it's a problem, suddenly Obama never encouraged protecting whistleblowers, and it's removed. Funny how at the same time the admin is trying to get Snowden and going as far as threatening other countries for his return. 'It's OK guys, we're not going to torture or kill him!'.

Perhaps Obama is not willing to keep the promise to protect those that expose fraud, waste, and abuse of authority. It might make him look bad now.

Source

Source of the source is at the source. Or is the source. Someone spiked my wine.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Home of the brave....definitely
Land of the free?..not so sure.
Guess that is another "change" he has lied about.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Someone must have realized that the empty words of a fraud don't hold much weight.

Obama should have resigned from office the moment he was showed the truth about the position that he holds. Instead, he will be the target on every american extremist's hitlist when society breaks down.

Me? If I were him....I'd disappear. Soon. It's not worth it to carry on this charade.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Don't think Obama is worried about the web page, promises, or what most people think. After all, he doesn't need the votes anymore.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Well they sure took their sweet time.

With all the scandals falling from the sky lately, you would think they would have done this much sooner !!

Desperate times require desperate actions I guess

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"Whistle blowers are OK, guys! Come on out and spill the beans so we can kill a few of you."
(That oughta put a stop to this whistle blowing crap)...

And it will probably work.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Don't think Obama is worried about the web page, promises, or what most people think. After all, he doesn't need the votes anymore.

Peace

HE doesn't have to worry about votes, but the DNC wants Hillary for 2016. Meanwhile, the RNC is fractured, and looking for any kind of mud to sling at the Democrats. The RNC isn't forward-thinking enough in a world where we are actually "stopping light" in crystals and developing Star Trek "Tricorder" technology.

I'm not sure what is really going on, but "adding static to the channel" (more or less) seems to distract people from the real agenda. What that agenda is, I haven't a clue.

Something is afoot, and I would die to know what it is. Nothing seems "right" about any of this.

edit on 26-7-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I know when I seen this, it disgusted me too much to post. Didn't know whether to think it figures that would happen because it wasn't real or honored to " To 'Protect Whistleblowers' " anyway or to be upset at those who still follow the Hope and Change lie. I do think this action puts a final closure on those lies.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm thinking Obama just read the Teleprompter wrong, way back when, and said Hope n Change, but what it really said was Nope no Change.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Troubling. Very troubling. Problem is that Romney or McCain wouldn't have given us much better. A president does have a lot of power to make changes and bring things to light. Obama appears to be doing neither. Who's next though...will Hillary do anything? Who will run on the Republican side? Another bunch of Wackos? It's not looking good.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Source of the source is at the source. Or is the source.

Well of course the SOURCE for this story is really the change.gov website.

This thread, and its title are completely misleading.

If you actually take the time to go to change.gov then you'll see its just like the body of the article says - that ALL of the content has been scrapped in favor of a link to the whitehouse web page.

To single out one tiny bit of the old website (the whistleblower bit) as the reason, and the story, is a fraud.

Analogy... somebody takes your car, but you only report to the police that the sparkplugs were removed from your driveway. Its not really telling the whole story, is it?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I gotcha. Can you link where protecting whistleblowers is talked about on whitehouse.gov? It very well may be. I sure bet it will be there soon.

I just clicked the link, got plopped over to another site. I used the search feature, got one hit on whistleblower and after following it got a dead link.

edit on 26-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I gotcha. Can you link where protecting whistleblowers is talked about on whitehouse.gov? It very well may be. I sure bet it will be there soon.

Well, probably this one, but thats not really the point.

The point is that ALL the content of the old website was removed, so there's not a lot of merit in singling out any one particular specific page and shouting that *this one* has been scrubbed.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I'm with you. You're a great poster and you bang stuff out very fast.

You don't think it's shady as F--- that Obama offered up this thing and now is doing the complete opposite in regards to Snowden?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Actually there are archives with much of his previous promises on there. The one about whistleblowers is gone though.

ETA Hmm nevermind, I went on the site earlier when I saw this story and didn't get 404 when I hit the continue to change.org button.

No proof no pudding, oh well.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Utter nonsense!
HE never made such a promise!

you LIE, you racist/hater!
be grateful you will not be tortured or killed
by our loving and beloved god emperor, treasonous [SNIP]!

[/sarc]

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You don't think it's shady as F--- that Obama offered up this thing and now is doing the complete opposite in regards to Snowden?

Agreed, but again why single out the whistleblower thing? I rather get the impression that every single thing Obama has done and said before his election went out the window and he's now doing the complete opposite.
But thats politicians for ya.
The next one will be the same.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's almost like his original announcement to protect whistle blowers was a ploy to flesh them out into the open so he could shut them down.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
And yet ... 49% of voters (86% of black voters) are still high on hope-ium, 'approving' of his job as POTUS, and refuse to see what is going on with this guy. :shk: Kinda makes you wonder about our fellow Americans and their ability to process information ....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So I am curious, what do people think is going to happen when the Dem's gain control of the House and retain control of the Senate in 2014?

It would seem that the agenda is just cleaning house so they don't have any more lies they have to explain. That being said I see them not caring one way or the other. Once the elitist controlling this insanity have control it won't matter what people think about Obama.........................he will no longer be a president but a very well groomed "dictator" and we have seen the compassion and caring the worlds dictators have................haven't we?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join