It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Promise To 'Protect Whistleblowers' Just Disappeared From Change.gov

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Just another item dropped into the ol' Orwellian Memory Hole.....

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
...Kinda makes you wonder about our fellow Americans and their ability to process information ....

I don't wonder about that in the least, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty well convinced that our fellow Americans have little to no ability to process information at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Reminds me of how Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984 would have to rewrite and alter documents as part of his job in the Records Department of the Ministry of Truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

He can't indefinitely detain American's without due process with promises of protecting people, like a whistleblower.

To the dungeon with them!
edit on 27-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A. Weiner 2020!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Obama knew before he stepped into office what he was going to be facing. Obama knows where his true place is. Obama knows he's nothing more then a U.S. spokesperson for the Real President.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What I don't see much in comments on this topic is the fact that the US president does not seem to have too much to do with this. Ask yourself: when did this program start? Under Obama? Under Bush? Under Reagan? It has ALWAYS been there, under every president, and NONE ever thought about shutting it down. There is a big distinction about who is in office and who is running the country. The state workers, the lawyers, the generals, in general: the apparatus remains virtually intact when you elect a new president. There is never much 'change'. When a president steps into office there is an enormous amount of top secret stuff he could become aware of, but there is a lot of it, so if he does not ask specifically he will never find out and the show just keeps on running.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

And to think some believed him..
Hands in the air here, I was one...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Oh great, another phony scandal.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Barack Obama makes Richard Nixon, look like Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I authored a thread this week about a website run in part by the Sunlight Foundation.
Here is the thread

The thread is about a website that I think people here would find useful.
It is easy to use, with a layout organized so you can see what's being voted on, who the Ayes & Nays are, other bills which include similar issues, & other information vital to knowing what's happening & clearly voicing your stance to your elected officials, without making it a part-time job (as an armchair political analyst).

Back to this topic: Nice thread you wrote. Thanks for bringin it here!
What A Hypocrite Obama is.
But more important is the Sunlight Foundation & groups like it, w/a common theme of more participation, less apathy, and hope & change. (Just kidding w/that last part!)
edit on 28-7-2013 by kkrattiger because: c l a rity

edit on 28-7-2013 by kkrattiger because: Again

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The only whistleblowers Obama is willing to protect are the ones willing to speak out against his opponents.

But when it hits too close to home then all bets are off. It's political hypocrisy at it's best.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Watergate was wiretapping an office....what is wiretapping a country? I fn HATE Obama. Such a strong word yet doesn't do its diligence

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Politicians make me so mad that sometimes I just want to punch a kitten in the face.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Watergate was wiretapping an office....what is wiretapping a country?

That's a good line.

The truth can be brutal...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well it isn't at the whitehouse.gov, you have to go to the Library of Congress website to find it.

www.loc.gov...

and regardless of that legislation, all he has to do is throw in a national security, terrorist via NDAA and you are screwed.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It was revealed not so long ago that while Obama was preaching about this in his campaigning, and obviously it was on the site for a long time, Obama's admin has persecuted and prosecuted more whistleblowers than ALL PREVIOUS AMERICAN GOVERNMENTS COMBINED.

The man is a liar, a hypocrite and a fraud. It's really as simple as that.

And this is coming from a person who cheered from thousands of miles away when he was elected.

He's done more to damage the reputation of America around the world and done more to revoke the basic freedoms of American's and others than Bush ever did.

Yeah, who would have thought that America's first black president would go down in history as the most hypocritical, most phony, and most damaging to America?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wait until Rand Paul gets in and does a 180 on us. I don't think it matters who it is they are all going to do it. Perhaps even if it were you or I. You hit that level and something changes.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
from the wayback machine... Dec 08

change.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK

Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.

h ttp://web.archive.org/web/20081229202438/http:// change.gov/agenda/ethics_agenda/

lose the spaces

edit on Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:25:06 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
A. Weiner 2020!

Oh yeah!....that's the ticket!....but might as well go for it in 2016....I even know the perfect running partner for Weiner...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join