It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Employees Walk Out In Protest Of No Air Conditioning After Crew Member Collapses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
It should be a human right to have air con. If its too hot they need to rest, what the heck is wrong with the big bosses?

A human right to have air conditioning??

Do you mean in your government provided place of employment, government provided home or government provided car? Oh, and if someone changes the temperature is that considered a civil rights violation?

I’ve heard it all now! And we wonder why our entitlement society is crumbling!!

edit on 25-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Not everyone can handle the heat. Some people naturally faint.

So what can employers do, choose people who are able to handle the heat?
Be real!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Not everyone can handle the heat. Some people naturally faint.

Too bad! Don’t work there!

So what can employers do, choose people who are able to handle the heat?
Be real!
Absolutely! If you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!

Seriously, if I hire you to do a job and for whatever reason you are incapable of fulfilling your duties (your job requirements) then I will terminate your employment without reservation! What do you think employers are? Nannies?

You get real!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It should be a human right to have air con.

Corporate products AC is NOT a human right.

Don't know why the hell people keep thinking they are.

Figure they would be more peaved about selling transfat that kills milllions

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

A human right to have air conditioning??

Do you mean in your government provided place of employment, government provided home or government provided car? Oh, and if someone changes the temperature is that considered a civil rights violation?

I’ve heard it all now. And we wonder why our entitlement society if crumbling!!

Oh My................

3 strike rule for "touching" the thermostat.........

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I sympathize with them!

I just spent 4 days in a hotel because our AC went out and our landlord dragged his rear in fixing it because we are moving on Saturday. He figured we are already paid up so what does he care?! He is a slum lord and I"m so glad to be getting away from him. We spent over 400 bucks on a room we really couldn't afford right now and I have a 7wk old as well! I still had packing to do and missed out on taht because I couldn't be in the apt when it was reading 92 in the apt!! It was HOT AS you know what!

I do not understand why people cheap out on AC ESP when you have temps like NY and we do here in FL. It is absolutely insane. Here by law our landlord is now responsible for reimbursing us the money we spent. After 24 hrs he is required ot put us up til the AC is fixed and well now I get the fun part of getting him to pay up. I am not looking forward to that at all!

If I owned any business or housing unit the AC would be the one thing i Made sure was in working order. Sadly many are too cheap and lazy and just don't care! I always say how would they like to live or work with no AC? I bet they wouldn't!

Good for these employees!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

It should be a human right to have air con.

Corporate products AC is NOT a human right.

Don't know why the hell people keep thinking they are.

Figure they would be more peaved about selling transfat that kills milllions

I was looking for a new signature.....

FOUND IT!

Yes, it's easy for the usurpers in DC to gain more and more power over our lives because everyone with a hand extended looking for free stuff and rights that don't exist in the constitution gladly give them more power!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If I owned any business or housing unit the AC would be the one thing i Made sure was in working order. Sadly many are too cheap and lazy and just don't care! I always say how would they like to live or work with no AC? I bet they wouldn't!

It’s easy to say that and be an armchair business owner but reality has a funny way of keeping people honest.

As I explained earlier, my business has no AC because it would cost $20,000 to fix and $2,000+ per month to run. We’re barely paying the bills now so fixing and operating it aren’t options. Should I do everyone a favor and just close the doors and go out of business?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I refuse to eat at McDonalds and watch anything disney (no new star wars for me
) after I read fast food nation and discovering the practises these evil companys have practised in the past and still to this day.
Did you know that you can not join a Union If you work at Mcdonalds? let alone the actual food is processed #.
One day every McDonalds will burn with the ruddy clown hanging from the golden arches.#
You can bet the franchise will be closed due to bad publicity now, that is what they do.

If you're not going to do business with corporations based on what you see in documentaries, you'll not do business with many corporations in America, there aren't many ethical corporations left.

One place I always shop is Costco. They pay their staff a decent wage with decent hours and benefits, and are more concerned with the welfare of their employees and customers than expanding their bottom line by cutting wages etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Just speaking from my experiences working in such places. Not a one of them treated employees right. I do understand the high cost of such systems but who ever heard of a Mc Donalds with no AC? Every one I've ever seen (and every other restaurant I've been to) has working AC.
I've worked building pools, landscaping and in hot metal warehouse buildings. The difference is you don't have the public coming there and sitting around.
Sometimes you don't get any profits while you invest your money back in to your business. That's what this man failed to do and is now catching heck over it.
It's pretty hard to sell any hamburgers if it's so uncomfortable nobody wants to eat there but hey, I guess he sold more drinks during that hot spell.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Just speaking from my experiences working in such places. Not a one of them treated employees right. I do understand the high cost of such systems but who ever heard of a Mc Donalds with no AC? Every one I've ever seen (and every other restaurant I've been to) has working AC.
I'd imagine the AC went out several years ago and the owner got sticker shock when he got a repair estimate.

After a year without AC, he probably made due just fine and couldn’t justify the expense of repair. Maybe the ROI didn't make sense. There are many homes in the north that don’t even have AC so its not unheardof. I’m sure it gets uncomfortable sometimes but is it $20,000 - $30,000 uncomfortable? It's not for me!

I've worked building pools, landscaping and in hot metal warehouse buildings. The difference is you don't have the public coming there and sitting around.
You’re right…it’s odd to see a restaurant without AC.

Sometimes you don't get any profits while you invest your money back in to your business. That's what this man failed to do and is now catching heck over it.

It's pretty hard to sell any hamburgers if it's so uncomfortable nobody wants to eat there but hey, I guess he sold more drinks during that hot spell.
I’m speaking from my own experience when I say 'maybe he can’t afford it'. I’m in the same boat right now. I’d love to have AC if we could afford it and I know that not having it is negatively affecting my business. What can I do? I can barely pay the bills now and my credit is maxed. I only have two options; close the doors or press on and keep looking for a new location (with AC) that we can afford to rent. Life isn't fair sometimes....but you keep going. I just hate to see this guy get grilled for being greedy when in fact he's struggling to keep the doors open. We just don't know his story so we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

edit on 26-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
From the link:

"[The owners of the store] make fun of us because they think we're animals," Villa said in Spanish. "We're not animals. We're people. We don't want to die and you can certainly die from the heat, you know."

THIS IS WHAT ALL THE WORLD'S MISMANAGERS THINK! TPTB ARE ASSHATS AND TINYTOTS WITH REDUCED CONSCIOSNESS, ie THEY'RE THE PRIMITIVE ANIMAL/BEAST!

The watchful ones amongst the slaves!

Wisdom looks up from the bottom of the well!!!!
edit on 26-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ummmm....that's her OPINION.

....and MANAGERS aren't TPTB; we work for a living.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The World's Mismanagers. Not the little guy. The ones who are treating them like this are obviously under the pyramid team of asshats. These guys work for Darth Vaders Team. We have some of them in every town.

And they'll answer to every single one of us.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Not really sure how common this is but it's common enough that one of the stores I worked at also had a chronically dead AC unit in the kitchen. Interestingly enough, they managed to keep the one in the dining room working at all times.

It was also an independent franchise. What I don't really understand is they used to have corporate people who would routinely show up at the store (sometimes unannounced). I'm sure at least one or two of the corporate guys would have noticed the always high temperatures in the employee areas. So as tempting as it is, I don't think it can be fully blamed on small business owners.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
It should be a human right to have air con. If its too hot they need to rest, what the heck is wrong with the big bosses?

Human rights.........
You must be part of the everybody wins generation. Let me know how the real world works out for ya.

Up is down left is right. We have fallen so far into the pit of apathy I doubt we can climb our way back out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join