It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today. Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week.

Nice to hear some GOOD NEWS for once, wonder how long the anti GZ people will come out to trash this

story

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I won't trash GZ. I'd shake his hand and buy him a beer or a root beer (or whatever he likes) if I ever met him.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This has been posted a couple of times ago....but I get it

GZ is the new Batman for the right

But anyway just a fabricated PR stunt...police departments don't usually do reports on wrecks with no injuries.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Uh... I wouldn't call pulling someone from an over turned truck a "Rescue". I mean, the incident was already over, the damage had been done. Its more like "Retrieving after the fact".

If he had stopped the truck from overturning, that would have been a rescue. You can't really rescue someone who isn't in danger anymore.

Besides, you are not supposed to move people who have been injured. You wait for the paramedics.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by HomerinNC

Uh... I wouldn't call pulling someone from an over turned truck a "Rescue". I mean, the incident was already over, the damage had been done. Its more like "Retrieving after the fact".

If he had stopped the truck from overturning, that would have been a rescue. You can't really rescue someone who isn't in danger anymore.

Besides, you are not supposed to move people who have been injured. You wait for the paramedics.

Incorrect, but also correct. Normally, you're not supposed to move the victim in a car accident to prevent aggrivating a possible c spine injury, UNLESS there is the threat to life is present. The truck overturned, so there was a POSSIBLE risk to life and limb, so GZ DID do the right thing
Sorry you don't think pulling someone from an overturned vehicle is considered a 'rescue', try telling other EMTs or paramedics that, I guarantee you'll get slugged in the mouth

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This has been posted a couple of times ago....but I get it

GZ is the new Batman for the right

But anyway just a fabricated PR stunt...police departments don't usually do reports on wrecks with no injuries.

Incorrect, ANY accident PD roll up on a report is written, injury or not

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Wow...I wish someone had told me that before I had written all the hundreds and hundreds of non-injury accident reports, that are required by the state.

All accidents, in Arkansas, on public funded roadways, injury or non-injury, are required to be reported and a copy provided to the state to be placed into an accident database.

What the state uses the info for is beyond me but it is required by law.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
the lack of publicity within this forum alone scares me on this one. i thought i would come here today and see this story rolling in hundreds of replies but i guess the dirt sells to the serfs better. i just hope all the people who bad mouthed this man have to eat crow now.

immorally bad people do not stop and help anyone.

top topics

join