It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of al-Qaeda inmates escape Iraqs Abu Ghraib prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
oops just saw this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

sry mods please delete

Up to 500 al-Qaeda members have escaped from Iraqs Abu Ghraib prison, most of whom were senior members and awaiting execution.. Among those said to have been freed were convicted senior terrorists..

They were freed when gunmen and suicide bombers blasted their way into the prison.

There was also another simultaneous prison raid just 20 miles north of Baghdad, An MP on the security and defence committee, Shwan Taha, said that between 500 and 1,000 inmates escaped from the two prisons.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The raid, a demonstration of al-Qaeda's resurgent power in Iraq, involved a combination of gunmen and suicide bombers who blasted their way into the high-security compound in the Iraqi capital's western suburbs. Among those said to have been freed were convicted senior terrorists awaiting execution

edit on 22-7-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So when another false flag arises here in the states, they can now place the blame on somebody else.

Seems kind of fishy to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLotLizard
So when another false flag arises here in the states, they can now place the blame on somebody else.

I wasn't thinking false flag ,but I was thinking maybe Al-Qadea had something big planned they needed the bodies for..

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by TheLotLizard

I wasn't thinking false flag ,but I was thinking maybe Al-Qadea had something big planned they needed the bodies for..

Maybe FSA is running out of cannon fodder?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The rt link has a little more info

rt.com...

Suicide bombers drove cars with explosives into the gates of the prison on the outskirts of Baghdad on Sunday night, while gunmen attacked guards with mortar fire as well as rocket propelled grenades.

Other militants held the main road, fighting off security reinforcements sent from Baghdad, as several insurgents wearing suicide vests entered Abu Ghraib on foot to help free the inmates.

Ten policemen and four militants were killed in the fighting, which continued until early Monday, when military helicopters arrived to help regain control.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The raid, a demonstration of al-Qaeda's resurgent power in Iraq, involved a combination of gunmen and suicide bombers who blasted their way into the high-security compound in the Iraqi capital's western suburbs. Among those said to have been freed were convicted senior terrorists awaiting execution.

link

Sunni Muslims, who include the royal families of the Persian Gulf oil sheikdoms, have banded behind the rebels (Sunnis are the majority in Syria). The royal family of Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been funneling arms and cash to rebels, and Sunni Muslims who dominate al-Qaida have dispatched fighters to the front.

Source

Al Anbar

Just about all the inhabitants of the province are Sunni Muslims and mostly from the Dulaim tribe.

So if they got to the Al Anbar province then possibly they could be granted safe passage to Syria to fight against Assad seeing how Al Qaeda is financed by the US GOVT.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The word resurgence is deceitful, at one side we get that al-Qaeda is a US (CIA) creation and at the other that there was no al-Qaeda presence in Iraq before the fake WMD war. So I guess that there was a need for "Freedom fighters" in Syria as Assad seems to be regaining control...
edit on 22-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sounds like releasing targets again into the wild for the next turkey shoot? Hmmm

top topics

join