It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting pic requiring help with object

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus30
VERY well spotted if that bloke is indeed catching it then my hopes of a cracking pic are over :-(

My gut reaction was american f ball :-(

My gut reaction was that nobody was looking at it. So, be it a football or something added to the pic, it just isn't a UFO of any kind.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
... and if you zoom in to over 1000% like I also did, there is a white halo of pixels all around the 'ball' and so I assume that it was not part of the photo when it was taken. That can only mean one thing - I feel my plonker being pulled.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
... and if you zoom in to over 1000% like I also did, there is a white halo of pixels all around the 'ball' and so I assume that it was not part of the photo when it was taken. That can only mean one thing - I feel my plonker being pulled.
Your assumption would be wrong. The halo of pixels around an object typically consists of jpeg artifacts, which occur due to the compression algorithm, and this appears to be no exception.

Unless, of course, it's alien space ship instead of a football, in which case the white halo could be a force field.

By the way you can also see jpeg artifacts around the heads of people sitting on the benches, etc. They're everywhere there are contrasting edges.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

Here is a little example of jpeg problems.

Many members here are keen photographers some even semi-pro or full time professionals, it's been a hobby of mine for 30+ years.

We do have a rough idea what to look for in images

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hang on a minute...i hope ppl aren't suggesting its been photoshopped!!? Bloody well hasn't that is an original image from the photographer. I don't need Photoshop and wouldn't even know how to use it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join