It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their are rumors that an obelisk exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If any of you don't know what it is, an obelisk is an artifact of alien decent.

I read this in a book called, "Bible Code 1 and 2." If any of you have read them, they're very interesting, in fact very interesting.

It states that their is an obelisk in Jordan near the sea and that the tip of it can still be seen, it hasn't eroded because the obelisk is made up of pure steal.

It has a devise in which humans can contact aliens once they reach a certain level of technology.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
hmm interesting. Any more infoon the subject? Links?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
uhh i thought it was a tall, four sided shaft of stone, tapered and monolithic, that comes to a pointed pyramidal top.

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Washington Monument is an obelisk.. they have them in egypt as well..
www.pbs.org...

heh I doubt they are alien radios :p

that's like saying monoliths gave rise to man as in 2001: A Space Odyssey

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Link is www.rsingermanson.com...

Lysergic - Yes, that is what an obelisk looks like.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
If any of you don't know what it is, an obelisk is an artifact of alien decent.

I read this in a book called, "Bible Code 1 and 2." If any of you have read them, they're very interesting, in fact very interesting.

It states that their is an obelisk in Jordan near the sea and that the tip of it can still be seen, it hasn't eroded because the obelisk is made up of pure steal.

It has a devise in which humans can contact aliens once they reach a certain level of technology.

How did they discover there was technology inside it and if there was I'm sure it would have been packed up and shipped out long ago to some secret facility.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Mad scientist=
Once we reach a certain point in our (humanity) technology.

Read Bible Code 1 and 2, it theorizes that an obelisk exist, but read the book.

In my oppinion the book is stange, but it could be telling the truth.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Paris, Place de la concorde (And it's an authentic aegyptian obelisk !)...

In yeat 2000, they (The governement) bring in Paris a replica of the Ishtar door of babylon :

They put the door in front of the obelisk.

Ishtar was a babylonian goddess, assimilated to the planet venus, the morning star. The door has been placed for that when the venus star rise, one hour before the morning come, because she always rise at the north, The star is in the middle of the door...

2 Questions :

1- Do you think that the babylonians had a secret knowledge, or relations with UFO, and the Ishtar door was in fact a kind of "stargate" ?

2- Do you think that the governement have this knowledge and hide it to us ?

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
...But historian pretend that they was a kind of solar clock...

There are scripture anyway on the obelisk.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   
OKay....

So you read a book that is a pile of crock (to be polite) as the review quoted below states..
www.rsingermanson.com...

from the "book with no content" you draw the story of the of the oblisk and accept it at face value as "interesting, very interesting". Well sure it is... so is fiction.

Here is some more of the book review...

There's a bit more in the book besides giving peace a chance. Drosnin believes that there's some sort of alien artifact near a place called Lisan on the east coast of the Dead Sea. The Dead Sea is lowering, you see, and there are places now on dry land that have been underwater for the last few thousand years. Drosnin finds a whole pile of "codes" that give him more and more information on this mythical artifact. It's an obelisk. It's a steel vehicle. It's an alien code. It's the key.

Drosnin spends a bit of time building this up with an account of his attempts to get permission to dig at the site. Wouldn't you know it, those Jordanians wouldn't give permission? There's no peace in the area, you see, and Drosnin is Jewish, so they just won't let him find that dratted obelisk which will be the fix to all our problems. That's his explanation anyway. A cynic might suggest that maybe the Jordanians just think Drosnin's a whackball.

There's still more. Drosnin spends much time telling us of his many encounters with Eliyahu Rips, the Israeli mathematician who is one of the very few scientists who believe in the Bible codes. Drosnin even gives Doron Witztum a little air time in this book. Witztum is the fellow who wrote that famous paper with Rips that got so much press time in 1994 and since. For some reason, Mr. Drosnin has given Witztum extremely low coverage in his two books. But it's Rips again in this book, over and over, telling us of the claimed low probabilities that any of these codes could happen by chance. There is no way to check any of these, since Drosnin doesn't tell us how those probabilities were calculated. Which is probably just as well, since such calculations by Bible coders are notoriously . . . wrong.

... read the rest of this interesting, very interesting, book review on the site, then go and buy some other better written fiction.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
True netchicken, I only skimmed through the book, never bought it, cost to much and I thought it was fake, but I just wanted to know what everybody thought.

Sorry for the long wait on the reply, I was busy for a while.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i dont think so that when we reach at certain level of technologies then the the human can contact the alien.
all type of the alien being are around us for a long,long time ago,please read the bible carefully story about
prophet abraham,yesaeia,enoch,moses,jesus,muhammad.all of them being contact by the angel AKA alien .read with care then most of their story is very incredible and people at their own time cant believe because most of the public is didnt been expose to the technologies knowledge

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I don't know if there is any ET device in this so-called obelisk ( may be we can ask to Asterisk if he know something ?
), but I've read the book review of The Bible Code II by Michael Drosnin. The review is not very good for Drosnin.

Also, I agree with MS.If it was true, the obelisk would already be in A51 or inside another " secret base " for studying purpose.

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   

To be honest, when I first saw the thread, I was thinking about the 'obelisk', I think it was, of the movie 2010 or was it 2001 Space Odessy.

I haven't heard nor read of an 'obelisk' in Jordan, in all my studying in ancient civilizations.....nor any myths, legends or stories. Does sound a bit 'out there' but seems a bit interesting also.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Of course the U.S. has the Washington Monument, it isn't there for show! What? Did you think it was? It is the way the government contacts the alien races that live 22,000 light years away in a galaxy called Jul. What? Im not crazy...I swear...(sarcasm)

-L8er

-Mac

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think the guy who wrote the review either hated the book or is scared Drosnin could be correct

After all, by nature, humans are scared of what they do not know or what they have not seen with their eyes.

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by Mac223]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Paris, Place de la concorde (And it's an authentic aegyptian obelisk !)...

We have one exactly the same in London on Embankment just down the road from the Houses of Parliament.

We call ours "Cleopatra's Needle".

www.akhet.co.uk...

The Americans also have an identical one situated in Central Park, NY.

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Leveller?

Are you a Verbwhore, by any chance?

If you are you will know what i mean, if you dont kwno what i mean then i have mistaken you for someone else

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Its located at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea, next to Jordon, it could all be true, but no obelisk = no believers.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Steel, right? Why dig? I'm sure our technology, as humanly undeveloped as our intelligence is, would be able to find such a huge structure, casing, ship, or boat composed of age proof steel! Don't you concur?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join