It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

That is a joke because the world hates this country even more than it use to.

Snowden is a Freedom Fighter.

You may want to ask why the world hates this country (Government) more?
They would not be mad at Snowden but at the Fascists and their Bootlickers that are running (ruining) this country.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That’s awesome. He unlike Obama deserves the prize. Not to mention he might need the money.

It would be interesting if he wins and see what the gov will do. Imagine they putting an Noble prize winner in jail!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is the NPP just a prize that goes to the latest person to seriously damage the security of the US?
I'm just wondering.
Nothing against the guy but this is ridiculous already.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

Snowden won't change the fact that the US government will continue to violate international law and the US Constitution.

But now WE know that THEY know.

It's a start, my friend.

Which they have been doing since the telephone was invented, and during the entire cold war.

A start would be things actually changing.

I don't see anyone in the administration sweating over Snowden not a one, but what i do see a lot of is quite a few people ready to crack skulls over a manufactured trial.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't see anyone in the administration sweating over Snowden not a one, but what i do see a lot of is quite a few people ready to crack skulls over a manufactured trial.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Snowden is still a work in progress, you can't say because you haven't seen any progress yet that it wasn't worth doing. Snowden is showing the world how to be ethically responsible while holding positions of power, instead of just talking orders for a pay check. Which could be a large part of the reason why the world is how it is today.

Even if we have to go down this road, there are much better ways to go about it, rather than secret courts and back room deals.

Privacy will most likely become a very big topic with the advancement of the age of information. We are most likely at a cross roads, there are a couple ways this can go. But you seem to be quite happy with the direction that we are heading.

Not sure how the trial has anything to do with anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

What is happening?

WHAT?

Snowden is still a work in progress, you can't say because you haven't seen any progress yet that it wasn't worth doing.

Feel free to quote that 'wasn't worth doing'.

By all means QUOTE that.

Snowden is showing the world how to be ethically responsible

How so?

By running to the 2 LARGEST SPIES in the world Russia and China.

Privacy will most likely become a very big topic

Privacy always is a 'big topic' then people go back to tvland.

Yo anyone in Washington even talking about Snowden?

Is the administration?

Is congress?

Sick of arguing the same thing over and over since people refuse to listen to the reality.

Later.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nobel Peace Prize ????????

Hes got a better chance then a Neo-Con President winning it..........

oh wait.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I can't really be bothered, go back through your own posts and have a read. I'm on my phone which makes it hard to quote.

What is happening? In reply to your statement that Washington aren't breaking a sweat over Snowden, I said just because you don't see it happening doesn't mean it isn't.

As I usually am after reading your post's, I'm struggling to get any sense out of you.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

As I usually am after reading your post's, I'm struggling to get any sense out of you.

I understood him.

Snowden would have been "ethically responsible" to show the World everything he had, and not running to Countries that are doing everything in their means to undermine America with their very own spy Networks.

Something is not right with the whole Snowden thing.

Just ask Alexander Litvinenko how it feels to be "ethically responsible"........

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Snowden didn't have a great deal of choice where to go. He wouldn't have lasted a day in the US. It probably says something when Russia and China have more respect for human rights than the land of the free.

Provide one piece of proof he aided the enemy? He broke the news to the guardian. That argument doesn't hold up without proof he gave away secrets.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Snowden would have been "ethically responsible" to show the World everything he had, and not running to Countries that are doing everything in their means to undermine America with their very own spy Networks

They don't care

They don't care part deux

They don't care that tunnel vision prevents them from hearing facts.

edit on 15-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

He wouldn't have lasted a day in the US.

Really?

Source please.

It probably says something when Russia and China have more respect for human rights than the land of the free.

Are you really going to go there?

Alexander Litvinenko begs to differ.

Ask those in Tibet too.

Provide one piece of proof he aided the enemy? He broke the news to the guardian. That argument doesn't hold up without proof he gave away secrets.

The proof that hes there is all you need. WHY hasn't Russia offered him a direct flight to the Country of his choice?

I know....The cat has your tongue.

I am glad you side stepped Alexander Litvinenko BTW.
edit on 15-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

This would go somewhere towards restoring the credibility of the Nobel Peace Prize after somehow it was awarded to Obama IMO

If he does win it - they should hold the ceremony in China or Red Square...

given swedens "hospitality" shown to Assaange, that might not be a bad idea
it could be a trap, after all

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm out at the moment but I'm happy to have a look at your link when I get home. Or you could explain what it is?

Wouldn't Mannings treatment be evidence enough?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I'm out at the moment but I'm happy to have a look at your link when I get home. Or you could explain what it is?

Alexander was killed by Russian agents. He had secrets, and Russia killed him.

Wouldn't Mannings treatment be evidence enough?

Manning isn't dead. BIG difference.

Manning and Snowden are two different situations. Manning was in the Military. If Snowden signed an agreement, that barred him from giving out secrets, then he is guilty, as by the law of the Land.

Snowden will have to live with what he did, and pay the consequences of it, if caught.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree with your point, Russia is by no means a beacon of light. It would be pretty far out to claim that the US hasn't also partaken in such activities. But I guess the difference is that the US doesn't get caught. I would love to use Hastings as an example but I don't think that will hold up.

I recall Snowden said he would be happy to go home to face the courts, but somewhere betweenthe "disappearing" conversation overheard and a treason arrest warrant he decided to try his hand at an escape. Which I do find suspicious. But I just can't say there's enough evidence to suggest he doesn't have the right intentions other than conjecture.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

See...We can discuss this.

Now, Him getting a "Peace Prize?

What does the Peace Prize really mean to you?

According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize shall be awarded to the person who "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.

Nobel Peace Prize

Personally, I don't think Snowden is in the class of deserving this. Are Nation coming together because of this? Are standing Armies dissolving? How much peace has Snowden accomplished?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Another valid point

I can certainly see both sides. I do actually realise Snowden doesn't have a Snowflaks chance in hell of winning the prize. I see the nomination as more of an opportunistic attempt at having a stab at the administration.

I do however hope that we can untangle this web before it's too late. Snowden has done a good deed, but as you say, he will have to pay the price, which he will, and that in my opinion is heroic.

I'd always prefer a proper discussion. Neo96 can be a little blunt in his approach, but I certainly respect his right to his opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I'm gonna ask a stupid question...How exactly did his actions make the world a safer place? Is it because it is making folks think twice before doing something bad because they might be being watched or spied upon?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u

I'm gonna ask a stupid question...How exactly did his actions make the world a safer place? Is it because it is making folks think twice before doing something bad because they might be being watched or spied upon?

That is one possible answer. I'd prefer to think of it as a step toward removing a tyrannical government, which in turn makes the world endlessly safer.

Or possibly his work to protect the constitution and human rights.

I for one just like the idea of how much harder it would make to "get" him.

It's a bit of a stretch but that's all I could come up with.
But hey I didn't give the nomination.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join