It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Says Public Has No Right To Know About The Secret Laws The Feds Use To Spy On Us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The sad thing is, all of this, we were warned.

Some have been saying it forever, since the start of ATS and before, People like William Cooper.

We ignored them, and even when they are proved right we wring our hands in frustration and do nothing.

If I didn't know better I'd say they where drugging the populations or something...

The main attraction - distraction
got ya number than nnumber than numb
Empty ya pockets son; they got you thinkin that What ya need is what they sellin
Make you think that buyin is rebellin
From the theaters to malls on every shore
Tha thin line between entertainment and war
The frontline is everywhere, there be no shelter here

Speilberg the nightmare works so push it far Amistad was a whip,
the truth was feathered and tarred Memory erased, burned and scarred
Trade in ya history for a VCR Cinema, simulated life, ill drama Fourth Reich culture - Americana
Chained to the dream they got ya searchin for
The thin line between entertainment and war
There be no shelter here Tha frontline is everywhere

-Rage Against the Machine.

edit on 9-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpy
Its really quite simple, all the government has to do is keep its populace poor. The poor do not really have the means to wage resistance to their plans. They are too worried about surviving week by week and I am sure some day by day. The rich have enough luxuries to satisfy them so no threat there.

People are too worried about surviving or their luxuries to care about politics. It would take an enormous event to make the masses come together for their own benefit.

We are in check mate

I think that you need to believe in the people more. I can see them rebelling against the ones who have made them poor via cuts. If you attack the people they will attack you. It would make us stronger as a group not weaker

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No, they do not recognise the spectre at the gates yet. But when they do, they will come to understand the true way of things. Men who were considered traitors and worse in thier own time, are seen by todays historians as folk heros, legends, bastions of morality in times of lawlessness and fear. Its about temporal perspective BFFT. You are looking down the barrel of a nation driven mad by insane government, while your countrymen in the main miss the big picture.

But that ignorance cannot last for ever. When the boots go through the doors and people are being dragged from thier homes under spuriously applied laws, laws flawed in and of themselves, when every person on every street feels the the fangs of this darkness sinking into thier flesh, then they will know. The question for every person living under this shadow right now, is how do you want history to remember you? How do you want history to remember your nation? Is an accusation of treason or worse, enough to deter you from doing what you must to defend your people against corruption, against tyranny? Or would you suffer that and more, to remain on your feet while others fall on bended knee before this dread machine?

It is no different, the choice you have before you, than the one offered to anyone living in the "free" world today.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez

Correct.

Nobody is going to do anything, and I agree with your reasoning that anyone who does will likely be a labelled a lone-nutball.

How do you organize and revolt when they have decades of game theory, psychological profiling, and all the communications are tapped? How the hell do you communicate long enough to organize, without being infiltrated, taken out, or whatever else?

It's game over.
edit on 9-7-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

I don't know. The Mujahadeen seemed to do pretty well. So did the Viet Cong.

Humans don't have technology as a skill set. We have it as a creation. Perhaps we rely more on our innate human skills and less on our technology?

Or, perhaps there is an analog in the low budget space balloons that we have seen as of late? Like "high tech" may not be all its cracked up to be?

I dunno.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Don't get me wrong , I know people will fight back, and I will be right there also, however, until the people are openly being attacked and killed by our government, there will not be enough people to take the fight to them.

I am all for this quote:

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” ...Churchhill

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I know our out, but nobody with the brains to program it, will see it through. They schiz-out on me, when I'm offering them monies!

I've got a few other ideas rolling around, but ... nah... I gave up on being anything other than an observer of the insanity about a year ago now.

As far as I can tell, everything is simply set in motion, and nothing can stop the momentum. No point in really trying. Anything we attempt, will be used against us, and the process simply accelerates.

It's simply an overall decline that we've entered into.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Seeing as how our tax dollars pay their salaries and operating costs I feel that we are MORE than entitled to know every single law that is passed in this country. The DOJ are our employees and as such either they answer to us or they should be completely dismantled!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I thought "ignorance" of the law was no excuse for violating that law.

Now it's against the law to shed that "ignorance" of which there is no excuse for not knowing???

I'm getting a headache....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wasn't the DOJ created to oversee the federal prison system? Now they interpret law. The supreme court was suppose to hear and rule on criminal and civil federal cases. Now they interpret law.

Why does law have to be interpreted all? The only reason is to change it to benefit special interest.

A convoluted underhanded shortcut to redefine and contort existing language.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You're right of course. We were warned of all this. It goes clear back to Eisenhower as President and his farewell address warning us all to watch the "Military Industrial Complex" for what it could and would become if we didn't stay vigilant.

Well, the public seemed to lose heart after Kennedy in many ways, by reading history.....then left the Government to run itself outside the 2/4 year elections that regularly see under 50% even bother showing up. We certainly were warned by people in the past and present alike ....and we've bathed in our own Apathy. I guess we got what we deserved in the end?
edit on 9-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"the government is us" my ass..
second line agrees.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is the crux of it. I couldnt agree more.

We've made our beds....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Seeing as how our tax dollars pay their salaries and operating costs I feel that we are MORE than entitled to know every single law that is passed in this country. The DOJ are our employees and as such either they answer to us or they should be completely dismantled!

I completely agree with you. However, many in the USA and rest of the westernized world are brainwashed to believe taxes are a necessary way of life to keep their current lifestyle fueled.

If I go to a store and pay money for something, I get a receipt (if I ask do to where I am). If I pay taxes, does anyone get a receipt showing exactly where their tax money went, besides salaries of politicians?

We feel the same, but to go with the other side of the thread -- will anything actually be done? These recent administrations in the USA have shown the people will take just about anything as long as they can keep their comfort zone intact.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I keep asking this same question over and over, and no one answers:

What are you going to do about it?

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Good post.

So what are you going to do about it?

Let's see what I am already doing;
Restore the Fourth, one of two protesters present locally at the time-unless others showed later as discussed in thread, not sure why there was not more but many thoughts speculated. Talked to numerous people, was even heckled. More plans, by myself and others throughout the nation are planning more events. One of two who shared they attended online: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Writing, congressmen, senators, and other Politicians. With that Voting locally as a start(attending rallies, meetings, etc) always helps. Tweets and ReTweets, etc. Online petitions, doubt I can add due to rules them but they really are lacking signatures. Using Alternatives to Google, etc.

Overall: Alerting people online and off.

This is just a start concerning the protest campaign known as Restore The Fourth. I plan to do more than blog, possibly video blog as well. If you're familiar with my past authored threads you will see I stood against SOPA, CISPA, etc., with sharing news, much more online and off, case your wondering about my past in dealing with surveillance concerns.

Surely this updated case as shared in the OP article will make for discussion on what we're up against.

How about you?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is nothing we can do about this using the typical means for change (courts, elections etc..) because corporate interests have their hands around our Governments necks so tight, it would be impossible to get anywhere. The courts even granted corporations personhood...there is no turning back now using the methods we have available.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Nah, nothing will change- a shame really! And if by some chance we managed to get a majority of the people to stop paying taxes until they come clean about what they are spending our money on they will just build more of those Federal prisons they are so fond of to put us all in, throwing us into an even deeper deficit to finance them!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've posted this before. As long as the US has a high standard of living, plenty of distractions, and if the majority haven't had to face the bogus legal system then there will be no protests, there will be no outrage and many will actually fully support the spying because it makes the sheep feel safer.

While there is no doubt that the incarceration rate in the US is becoming out of control, it is still a small fragment of the population who has been affected. *(maybe 25% either been there or understand how much of a sham the US legal system is, maybe another 25% are on the fence which leaves 50% who blindly support it)* The cries of injustice are silenced because the dumb masses who never experienced the legal system assume that everyone who gets arrested deserves it.

*pure speculation but I think my numbers are close

Nothing will change in the US anytime soon. Too many people or too distracted by celebrity gossip, sports gossip, keeping their credit score high, or just too busy grinding out their career to take notice.
edit on 9-7-2013 by jrod because: typ0

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Writing, congressmen, senators, and other Politicians. With that Voting locally as a start(attending rallies, meetings, etc) always helps. Tweets and ReTweets, etc. Online petitions, doubt I can add due to rules them but they really are lacking signatures. Using Alternatives to Google, etc.

Dreaming, I starred and Flagged your thread because I feel this subject, in particular, is the ABSOLUTE largest threat the citizens of this nation face.

With that said, I also have to say you are absolutely delusional if you think the standard fare of "Strongly worded letters" and Tweets, all of which can be nipped in the bud faster than you can blink, are the answer to a glaring problem such as this.

I'm a reasonable and pragmatic individual. I would say, the majority of people posting in here (I wont go so far as to say all of ATS) are as well. With that in mind, I'm so far to the other end of the spectrum of the violent solution, if you knew me, you would already know that. But, we are not dealing with reasonable people, we are dealing with a concept....the concept of greed and power....that concept has no use for strong words, reason, tweets, video blogs or any other machinations that would resolve things in a manner consistent with maintaining "life as usual".

Call me whatever you like, or assume my views are radical....in some respects they are to which I would have no choice but to agree....I am certainly going to stop short of finishing what I see as the only answer, but I'm sure I don't even have to. Deep down we all know the answer, and the oppressive state we find ourselves in will 100%, without question continue until a radical solution is implemented.

While I commend your efforts to at least TRYING, consider that they are fruitless efforts which will bring you nothing but a higher level of frustration. (If they haven't already)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, if nothing is going to change what are we going to do then? Why care about anything else... ATS for the entertainment right?

reply to post by alphabetaone

I do not fully agree. I do monitor my shared info, to see if it's tampered with and can tell you it has appeared to have been, but can I prove it? Perhaps in due time, but largely the information is getting out there. Is a big threat as you mentioned, yes of course, will most American's acknowledge? Recent poll: "Gallup Poll: 71% Say Founding Fathers Would Be 'Disappointed' With America." Thank you, however.
edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What I would like to see, is the rightwing conservatives and the leftwing progressives unite against the common foe that wants to stifle freedom of speech and assembly.
But I sincerely doubt that will happen with the forces of division fanning the partisan, agenda driven flames of hatred. You know who you are....
edit on 9-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join