It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Says Public Has No Right To Know About The Secret Laws The Feds Use To Spy On Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

DOJ Says Public Has No Right To Know About The Secret Laws The Feds Use To Spy On Us

www.techdir t.com

Let's make this simple: yes, revealing specific details of various surveillance efforts and targets could create security issues, no doubt. But revealing how a United States' law is interpreted can never by itself create a national security issue. And that's all that's being asked of here.

Continued...
The only reason to keep the interpretation of the law a secret is because it'll be a huge embarrassment and show widespread abuse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
"In Secret, Court Vastly Broadens Powers of NSA"

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Now they can just continue, vastly broaden their surveillance-See related thread of earlier news, but also no one can question about the law? As discussed further in the article, it is said it will turn up abuse and show embarrassment of those promoting it.

The court paperwork is shared at the source.

www.techdir t.com

edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If you seek flight
You must fight
Even if it costs
Your life.

Do you stop and think
How light you might be
Without the chains
At your feet?

If you want to be free
Come with me
I’ll show you the path
In gaining your wings.

edit on 9-7-2013 by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is wholly unacceptable to me, i am sorry but they have shown
clearly they cannot be trusted to do these things behind closed doors
without abusing that privilege, now mommy and daddy need to take
the door off the hinges so we can make sure they are doing their
homework and not making out with their girlfriend or goofing off on
facebook all day...... >.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Lucky thing we have a government 'by and for the people' , eh?

It sickens me.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
We cant know how we spy on ourselves because we cant violate our own rights.

Ok so self, stop spying on yourself and... ruling on yourself in secret!

answer "No"

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

WOW And I woke up this morn thinkin' I had seen it all. A Fool am I. Later, Syx.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It's absolutely Disgusting!! these people are so far up their own Backsides it's unbelievable, Changing the goalposts just to suit their own Sick Agenda's.

Threats to national Security don't even come into it, it's just plain and simple BullSh+*t Tactics to hamper the masses who mistakenly conferred the authority on them, into NOT being able to hold them Accountable for all the underhanded, two-faced lying Crap they have been Perpetrating.

It's about time the People woke up and realised that it has to stop, March en-mass on the govt and Arrest them ALL and put them to Public Trial, make them Answer to the People for their Crimes, Strip them of the Wealth that they have plundered from us and then Dangle their lifeless bodies from the lamp posts.

These self serving maggots have had it too good for far too long at the expense of the majority, and if we as a collective people Don't stand up and fight back, we will lose the ability to do so forever.

I would much rather take up a stone and die for the freedom of my fellow man, than see anyone reduced to abject slavery at the hands of these power crazed megalomaniac B*st*rds, whos only aims are to ensure that WE the People PROVIDE & PAY for the Lifestyle THEY ENJOY

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
When I confess to people my consternation at the evolution of our government; this is what most prompts me to despair.

The idea that our government has become a shallow mockery of itself, with sophomoric rationales like the infamous Dean Warners' "double secret probation," of "Animal House" fame is an embarrassment.

"We don't have to tell you how we interpret any secret law..." well, its technically not a "law" then... is it?

Clearly... avoiding the embarrassment of revealing vainglorious self-serving political policy is the singular driving force behind the squirming and writhing they undertake in the sanctity of "their" secret privacy.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Remember this so that when people ask where you where when American Democracy died and a fascist state was ushered in you can tell them...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
everyone has every right to know you have to obey the law and to obey you must understand not just 1 part of the law but all parts to fully be aware of what the consciousnesses are

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

If ever there was a doubt that the USA is an international hypocrite, in terms of its foriegn policy and the construction of its legal systems, then I believe that doubt can now be banished.

The USA has touted democracy to nations which do not practice it, for decades, and where democracy has been absent, have worked to install it by force and by subterfuge, by political pressure, and by proxy activist groups, and US sponsored terrorism. And yet, despite all the sacrifices made by its military men and women, despite all the vetrans coming home missing limbs, or suffering PTSD, democracy cannot be found in the USA itself.

Unless the people are made aware of the changes thier government is making to the law, in all and every case, and how that law is being applied, how can they vote from an informed position, wether for thier president or any other elected official? How can any person in the United States of America, a nation built on the foundation laid by its constitution, feel themselves to be adequately aware of the activities of its government, in order to know wether or not to support that government in its activities, or seek to oust it with voices full of great indignation?

Without transparency there is no democracy, because democracy relies on an informed electorate to operate in the manner which it is supposed to. If these legal changes are being made without any reference to the wishes of the people, without any permission from the same, then they are in and of themselves void.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I don't think this guy knows what country he lives/works for. The only reason he's saying this, would be due to the fact he...himself...does not understand particular laws. It's no big secret that these characters will sign pretty much anything put in front of them, without giving it the slightest once over.

Nor is it a huge secret that the citizens are being spied on, stripped of their rights, and abused on a daily basis. However, nothing is being done about it and until the people finally reach a tipping point, everyone else will have to live and suffer because of the power trips and money grabs.

What will that turning point be? I have no idea. My guess would be due to some sort of food shortage/crisis, or the USGov way over stepping their bounds (more so than they appear to be at this moment). A good start would be outing fools like this freedom hater.
edit on 9-7-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Without transparency there is no democracy, because democracy relies on an informed electorate to operate in the manner which it is supposed to.

But we do have transparency.
Obama said so....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It is an issue for any law abiding American regardless, when most of the spying is done by private corporate entities contracted by the government, yes I have a big problem with that and so every American in the nation, when our security is been sold to the lowest bidder in the private contracting business, this is an act of treason as our own government is selling the people's privacy

Yes again, this is nothing more than treason and the last time I check treason is an offense punishable by death.

let me know when the lynching mob will take place because I want to be there waving my flag of freedom.

Our nation is been run by traitors with deep pockets and they don't care what we the people think about them. they are doing a mockery of our constitutional rights while craping on our constitution.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

He is not stupid when he uses the word "Democracy" because America is not a Democracy it was build upon republics.

edit on 9-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And none the less the USA has a democratically elected government, allegedly. The fact of the matter is, it is not merely a democracy but a democratic republic, and therefore still has to live up to the democratic part of that description, or loose all validity in its internal and foreign affairs, which seems to be what its government are about at this time.

The very idea that the DOJ could come out and say that the public have no right to know about secret laws which could be applied to its citizens in certain situations, is absolutely outrageous. I am willing to bet that citizens of the USA could be affected by these laws, as it is perfectly possible that within these secret laws are methods by which a citizen can be refered to as an enemy combatant, allowing all manner of what would otherwise be considered extra judicial activities to be enacted against them and thier families. And no, I am not refering to the surface anti-terror legislation of which most people are already aware.

The very idea of a layer of law beneath that which is clearly marked in statute,shrouded in deepest mystery, is an utter disgrace, and cannot stand in a society governed by advocates of freedom and democracy, being as it is, a scenario totally opposed to freedom, or indeed true justice.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I keep asking this same question over and over, and no one answers:

What are you going to do about it?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes the "new breed". Praxis and expedience dictate all. "Governing" is a formula to them and at last now more than ever the people don't know whats good for them.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Got some suggestions, because I am quite frankly sick and tired of writing and emailing. They probably don't even read them anyways.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join