It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you love sportscars? Well then, lets go for a ride!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
5.00 a.m.

Breakfeast.

Tv on

These are the news;

The world is burning, people are quarrelling and killing each other. Turmoil seemingly everywhere.

Turns off TV.

This sucks...I think I ll go for a ride

Enters car. Inhales the leather smell. Pushes the start button. The Ferarri V12 growls back. Puts in gear and goes...the sound pitch increases...orgasm ahead, approaching fast.

(Crank up the sound on your PC speakers.)

Ride starts here...

Holy Maranello, It is fast!!!

edit on 8-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

More joy ride pics here;

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Your joy ride?

If so, I envy your 5am start

Absolutely stunning,

Sound produced by 12s are mmmmmmmm

Cheers for the thread, off to the bank now

S/F

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Your joy ride?

If so, I envy your 5am start

Absolutely stunning,

Sound produced by 12s are mmmmmmmm

Cheers for the thread, off to the bank now

S/F

Nothing like a ride and adrenalin rush in the early morning bird. Its like a cold shower under a hot sun. You have to try it in order to love it

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Alright my TOP 4 "possibly" affordable cars. Most possible to least.

Audi R8

Nissan GTR

Acura NSX

Lexus LFA

Yeah i love JDM!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Of those four I choose the Nissan GTR anytime. Have a buddy who drives one. Wonderful car. Especially the G-meter in the car is funny to look at when you drive like a maniac through tight curves until it almost rips your face off.

Personally though, I am a Ferrari man and will remain one until I drive off a cliff or something ...:One thing is sure about these beasts. You loose respect for these cars, they will kill you as sure as death and taxes.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Trust me... i would wanna go for the high end sports,, like Lambo, Ferrari etc... but i don't see a bright future.

I know i have a "chance" at the mid range sports.

I have a friend who has a Lambo and in a Lambo club of Toronto..... the first 20,000km, you need to send the Lambo back to MFG for check up in Italy... total cost? $15,000..

But Audi R8, i can afford, well, i can sacrifice lot of things to afford it but.. money sink for a car does not seem okay.... maybe in 10 yrs i can comfortably afford it.

Also, remember this, "Just cause one can buy a sports cars, does not mean they can maintain one"

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

The Nissan will be cheaper and more fun than the audi so go for it. It is also an all season car. It doesnt care whats on the road. The audi is fun probably a month or two than its a bitch, because it is so friggin small, tight and more of a toy than a sport cruiser..

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

True you are right.

Audi looks like an Aggressive beast, but GTR is more calm. But yes Audi is about 20k more than GTR.

Also Audi uses the same Engine as Gallardo.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You bastards are making me jealous,

I am stuck with this as my toy but not complaining as it could stay with something worth 10 times more.

edit on 8-7-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Of those four I choose the Nissan GTR anytime.

I understand that R34 is more of a drivers car than the R35 GTR as the computers take over too much when going side ways in the 35s where as the 34s you need to control the car more with instinct .

However I would donate my left nut for a R35 GTR

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not a sports car dude. More of a muscle car guy. My dream car:

That's old school but Mopar got it right with the new Challenger:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

2004 Lancer? looks nice, few of my buddies drive Lancers... of course with ghetto "evo" look! wide grill.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Whats that first picture? Impala? sorry, my expertise on muscle cars suck.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Of those four I choose the Nissan GTR anytime.

I understand that R34 is more of a drivers car than the R35 GTR as the computers take over too much when going side ways in the 35s where as the 34s you need to control the car more with instinct .

However I would donate my left nut for a R35 GTR

Trust me. When you attack a tight curve in high speed with that R35 beast, you are thankful to those japanese gods having provided this car with lightningfast computers. You need that extra leverage to survive, especially when the car informs you that g-forces over 1.2 are trying to tare your body apart.

Found this nice comparison test on wiki;

Comparison tests[edit]

The GT-R has frequently featured in head to head track comparisons against competing vehicles conducted automotive press. Autocar performed several head to head comparisons involving the GT-R and competing vehicles. In the first, against the Porsche 911 GT3 and BMW M3, the GT-R was declared to be faster around the test track.[53] A second test on the Isle of Man on a 4.5 km closed public road, featured with the Audi R8, Lotus Elise, and Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4.

The GT-R's time of 1:56.69 was behind the Gallardo's 1:55.99 time, however because the GT-R was Japanese-spec its top speed was limited to 112 mph, which led the journalists to believe it could have performed better.[54] In CAR Magazine's test with the 911 Turbo, BMW M3, and Audi R8 at Rockingham the GT-R was the fastest.[55] Evo tested the GT-R alongside the 911 GT3 at the Bedford Autodrome circuit, the GT-R ran a 1:21.7 lap time compared to GT3's 1:22.6 time.[56]

In a Fifth Gear test with the 911 Turbo, Bruno Senna was able to achieve faster lap times in the GT-R.[57] Car and Driver compared the GT-R on Reno-Fernley Raceway with the 911 Turbo and BMW M3, the GT-R's lap time of 1:26.7 made it the fastest on the track.

As I said. Its a nice car and well worth the money. You drive that car and know what you are doing on the road you ll be able to leave 99.9% of all car models in the dust behind you.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Whats that first picture?

'69 Charger.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hi intrepid and johncarter, Couldn't resist my not sports car/muscle car dealy as well...My car...I'm MOPAR gal all the way, all the time. Helped hubby fix up old ones, wet sanding/grinding/bondo and such and bought newer one...he likes Mustang and got that kind later on. Love the "car" topic threads.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Mine...

The wife's 09 Challenger in the background... she traded that in for a White / Red Line Edition 2013.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Hi shrevegal...found this nice american review of my joyride. Good review, made in Italy. Enjoy!

edit on 9-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by InhaleExhale

2004 Lancer? looks nice, few of my buddies drive Lancers... of course with ghetto "evo" look! wide grill.

2001Lancer Evolution 7.

with Evo 8 wheels

2 lit. Turbo, all stock factory parts apart from Pod filter and Oil catch cam.

edit on 9-7-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join