It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting an EQ vibe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
First let me state I really hope I am wrong.

The last few hours I have been getting this massive push about an earthquake along the west coast, and I am thinking it is the Northern California/Oregon border area.

This would be a major EQ by definition. 7.0+

This will occur within a week to two weeks time if what I am getting/feeling is correct.

I have been finding myself constantly looking at the USGS map now all day off and on.

One of my co-workers just quit this week and is headed to Cali, and a few weeks back I told him he really didn't want to go there as there is something brewing, now I am getting these feelings as well.

I just wanted to share this because if I don't and something happens, I will be slapping myself upside the head for not speaking up. If nothing happens, then good, I am glad I am wrong.

It is a lose/lose either way for me, but I needed to vent this out because it is concerning me at the moment to such a point where it is almost screaming at me.

Time frame July 6th thru July 20th
Magnitude 7.0 or above.
Area Northern California-Southern Oregon

I also keep thinking Madrid fault line, there might be something happening there too, although unsure as to the degree, but I keep watching this area as well.

Perhaps also within the two week time frame, and slightly smaller, in the 5.0 to 6.0 category.

I know if I am wrong people will use this against me, but that's fine, I don't really care although part of me does. Double edged sword that I gotta slide down.

Peace!

*winces and hits the post button*

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Can you please describe this "feeling" you got which qualifies you to predict earthquakes without any evidence? And while you're at it, could you explain how did you obtained this super power?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

More power to you. Congrats on your courage.

I think you are right to ignore the naysayers, regardless.

There seems to be a cadre of dyed-in-the-wool naysayers who seem to only get their orgasms from being negative--from being

AGIN-IT

WHATEVER "IT" is.

I increasingly believe they don't deserve a gnat's fart's worth of attention.

Certainly things are constantly building in the regions you are talking about. They are cocked more and more every day. Sooner or later they WILL go off.

I'd rather have a warning for folks to pray about individually to see if they should or shouldn't take any action . . . and be wrong . . . than to not have had the alert . . . and to wish one had of had the alert regrettably.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

This might seem odd. But this reminds me of a terrible nightmare I had months ago. In the dream a huge earthquake struck where I live (Sacramento, Ca) and everything was just destroyed. People have to run for higher elevation because water started to flood everything. It was total destruction as people were scattered around the massive destruction. Crazy nightmare!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Sure, it is an urgency feeling, much like a panic attack.

I wish I could explain it better to you.

It is connected to my chest, and my mind. If you have ever had a "knowing" experience, it is much like that.
What qualifies me to make such a prediction?
Being human.

Is no super power, in fact, I could very well be wrong, and am hoping I am, however the push is very strong, and the last time I had this, a series of EQ's rattled my hometown.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Ok....little freaked but basically ok. You guys need to read some of the stuff that's been posted in the Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction thread, especially where we were talking about a couple of months back about Sacramento in particular. Will try and find a link for you.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I believe you, there are people who can sense earthquakes coming. Just because science cannot figure out how it works, they will not admit it exists. The reasoning on how something works is necessary to say something is real in science. Research Scientists usually know that is the case. I can believe without having stress because I live a long way from there. If you said Upper Michigan, I would probably not believe, up here quakes are rare and it is an out of place area for people who have experienced lots of quakes.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I think you are right to ignore the naysayers, regardless.

Depends on your definition of "right."

I'd rather have a warning for folks to pray about individually to see if they should or shouldn't take any action . . . and be wrong . . . than to not have had the alert . . . and to wish one had of had the alert regrettably.

I'm sure if you were planning on going to California and cancelled your plans only to find out you did it because some dude told you what he "felt" you wouldn't be saying that.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Sure, it is an urgency feeling, much like a panic attack.

I wish I could explain it better to you.

So what makes you think it's not just a panic attack caused by an overly-worried mind?

It is connected to my chest, and my mind. If you have ever had a "knowing" experience, it is much like that.
What qualifies me to make such a prediction?
Being human.

I wasn't aware all humans were able to accurately predict Earthquakes. Sorry, I just assumed it was a superpower because I can't do it and no one I've ever met personally has made such a claim. Maybe I'm just handicapped and everyone's been keeping it secret from me.

edit on 6-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here you go....Observationalist did some work putting together some of the pieces we all felt.

Alternative Earthquake Prediction Thread

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

People have been keeping it from you then.

Allow me to refer you to my rant thread:
ESP is Real, Stop claiming it's not!

If you want some sort of example, it's there.
If you bounce to the end of the thread, you can see where someone asked me something and I answered, and 5 days later, there was an EQ where I saw something was going to happen.
I understand the skeptical attitude.

It is good to be skeptical, and I welcome it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I don't want anyone to freak out, just be aware if they are in the area.

I could very well be wrong, and I accept that fact and embrace it as well, I am not all knowing.
However experience has taught me to speak up when I get a feeling like this,
so I am speaking up.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

People have been keeping it from you then.

Allow me to refer you to my rant thread:
ESP is Real, Stop claiming it's not!

If you want some sort of example, it's there.
If you bounce to the end of the thread, you can see where someone asked me something and I answered, and 5 days later, there was an EQ where I saw something was going to happen.
I understand the skeptical attitude.

It is good to be skeptical, and I welcome it.

Have you been wrong before?

Edit: I looked up your claim.

Ok, let me think for a second, just for fun, I'll do this one. Or give it a shot at least. Within a few weeks to month there will be something major regarding an island surround by sand. It is tropical. Hawaii perhaps. In fact, I see a chain of islands, so this is making me think Hawaii. Something will happen there. Something major enough to hit world wide news. It will certainly be out of the norm. I am not taking this serious, but that is what image came to my mind

I'm not accusing you of lying intentionally, but sometimes the mind can play tricks on it's owner.

See, you said "a tropical island is going to feel an earthquake in the next few weeks to a month"

You don't specify:
-Where the Island is located (Saying it MIGHT be Hawaii doesn't count, because you're still leaving it open)
-The magnitude of the Earthquake
-An acceptable timeline (About 2 weeks to a month is completely worthless)

From what I can tell, nothing "out of the norm" happened either. Meaning your prediction was actually wrong. Earthquakes are extremely common, they aren't out of the norm. In fact, they're completely expected - it would be far more "out of the norm" for no tropical islands to get hit by an Earthquake within a month's time.

You simply claim to have predicted something that is utterly inevitable.

That's called a cold reading, and it's a known technique used by fraudulent psychics. It's actually incredibly easy to explain.

Here's the definition:

Cold reading is a series of techniques used by mentalists, psychics, fortune-tellers, mediums and illusionists to determine or express details about another person, often in order to convince them that the reader knows much more about a subject than they actually do.[1] Without prior knowledge of a person, a practiced cold reader can still quickly obtain a great deal of information about the subject by analyzing the person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc. Cold readers commonly employ high probability guesses about the subject, quickly picking up on signals from their subjects as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, and then emphasizing and reinforcing any chance connections the subjects acknowledge while quickly moving on from missed guesses.

Specifically you claimed to have predicted the "5.4 Earthquake at Loihi Seamount ." Actually 5.0 Magnitude Earthquakes in that region are incredibly common. So common, in fact, that In the summer of 1996, a swarm of 4,070 earthquakes was recorded at Lōʻihi.

I'm sorry to say it so bluntly, but that fact renders your prediction utterly meaningless. Anyone could have made that prediction with a 5 minute google search.

Like I said, I'm not saying you're a liar. You could just have delusions of grandure.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well I for one hope you are wrong, because we live in Red Bluff, CA - just 2 hours north of Sacramento next to the Sacramento River.

It doesn't hurt to be prepared and vigilant - We have a camp trailer and can bug out pretty quickly if need be. Thanks for posting!

link   

Nah it's ok...I'm not really freaked out. I'm just continually surprised at how often we all post in the same few hours out of the blue about stuff like this. you're totally correct in thinking that you must say how you feel...it's only by being open, and I guess open to ridicule at times, that we can make this kind of event recognised and accepted.

Alright...so the Sacramento thing does freak me a little....

link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thanks for sharing. This is interesting but I'm skeptical. Who knows what could happen tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

edit on 6-7-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I have an EQ disorder.
You know how it feels, when you're leaning back in a chair and you almost fall over ?
Your adrenaline shoots thru the top of your skull and you jerk violently
trying to save yourself ? Happens to everyone right ?
Accept for me it happens at anytime randomly.
Just walking down the street to the liquor store
or in line at the DMV. I call it my EQ disorder.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I have an EQ disorder.
You know how it feels, when you're leaning back in a chair and you almost fall over ?
Your adrenaline shoots thru the top of your skull and you jerk violently
trying to save yourself ? Happens to everyone right ?
Accept for me it happens at anytime randomly.
Just walking down the street to the liquor store
or in line at the DMV. I call it my EQ disorder.

EQ disorder. That's awesome.

Good way to deal with vertigo.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't see it as an Earthquake, because the question asked was where the next big news event would be.
I saw a tropical island and a series of islands off of it, which I do state farther down I am almost certain was Hawaii.

It was clairvoyance, as I just saw the island, not what was happening there, only that something was going to happen because that was the question asked.

Allow me to quote myself from that thread from the original post mentioning Hawaii...

In fact, I see a chain of islands, so this is making me think Hawaii

I think that is pretty specific.

I would love to make it so much more accurate, but ESP sometimes doesn't work that way.
No, I did not see the magnitude of the EQ, nor that it was an EQ although it had to do with land rising or sinking, and it is still an ongoing issue, but if you would like a better example, you can go look at this post from the same thread:

Originally posted by Darkblade71 reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, there was two different EQs.
One that I predicted on the 24th I think it was I will just post it here for you instead

You can follow it dirrectly if you wish: Prediction in the perfect storm thread
you can follow the link to the thread and see it as it is posted.

Here is what I wrote on the 24th of October:

Also she is correct about a major eq, this could happen any day now, but I am getting farther north. Like pacific NW. I don't make predictions, however after listening to her, I can say that the last few weeks my mind has been pushing at me about a major EQ along the west coast...I hope I am wrong and hope she is wrong.
The EQ was on the 27th

ectonic Summary The October 28th, 2012 (October 27 at the location of the epicenter) M 7.7 earthquake south of Masset, Canada, occurred as a result of oblique-thrust faulting near the plate boundary between the Pacific and North America plates. At the location of this event, the Pacific plate moves approximately north-northwest with respect to the North America plate at a rate of approximately 50 mm/yr.

The Petersburg Earthquake was on January 5th. A 7.5. The link to the Petersburg Pilot Newspaper: Earthquake Hits Petersburg Jan 5th

And the prediction for it:

Sorry jigger, I know it gets confusing following links.

My brother lives in Petersburg which is my hometown, which is why I sent him this message.

It was in response to a question from Jigger that got confusing, so I straightened it out for him, but it will work for this thread too I guess. Since you asked.

On this thread I am not out to prove anything, however, that should supply you with a bit more and more specific information.
And also, that is why I specified on this thread what and where it would be.

People want it all in a nice neat box, but it doesn't work that way or we would all know everything already...right?

But if you are here to just troll me, you can take it someplace else.
I stated what I felt, and time will tell, if nothing else, and I made this one specific enough

edit on 6-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join