It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be real, we don't need MONEY, FAITH or RELIGION

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No money, no religion, no faith. 3 things I believe control this world in one way or the other. Is a world without those 3 things even possible? I've just been thinking a lot about - if I had my very own planet, how would I "run" it? what would I build? what kind of rules? write them down on paper? or just know as common knowledge - thou shall not harm anything?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Love

If we all loved one another unconditionally what do you think the world would be like?

I know how "new-agey" that must sound, of course, but what about it's validity?

No one can deny that.

The truth is, I love everyone. I'm not asking you to belive me but I do, everyone.

Also we should be taught to never fear death. Death is the wool that blinds us from the truth. We spend our lives lamenting over the inevitable. Death. The sweet black comes for us all and wether we continue on after it claims us, in one for or another, is beyond the point.

Kallisti

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

This thread calls for some Beatles!

reply to post by Mugen

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Money we can do without right now because our technology has reached a point where we are capable of producing a surplus of just about anything we can imagine, all we're lacking is cooperation.

My hope is that science finds proof of a creator in the very near future, which will essentially eliminate both religion and faith, paving the way for cooperation.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree completely!!!! If you had a magic wand and made materials, labor, or technology out of the equation you can't make anything happen.

however if you take money away everything still works!!! To me it's so obvious! Money is what's holding us back!!!

Why don't we go to Mars? lack of tech? nope lack of little pieces of paper that don't even burn super well.

Why don't we feed the hungry? too expensive

Heal the sick? Too expensive!

Educate the kids? Too expensive!

Maybe one day we'll evolve into intelligent life.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
One day maybe we will evolve to what's really important.... but until then.... lets listen to some Pink Floyd!

"Money, it's a crime.
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away."

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

No money, no religion, no faith. 3 things I believe control this world in one way or the other. Is a world without those 3 things even possible? I've just been thinking a lot about - if I had my very own planet, how would I "run" it? what would I build? what kind of rules? write them down on paper? or just know as common knowledge - thou shall not harm anything?

Yes. Thou shalt not harm anything.
S/F

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Getting rid of Faith? Hmmm I have faith in people and things as well as a spiritual faith that has little to do with "Organized Religion". Money? How would riding ourselves of money solve anything?

Let's say money is gone there would still be some form of trade and barter. So the greedy guy would have more Horses or Land or Pickles than anyone else...

Greed and the love of money is the root, kill the root and you kill the weed!

Learning to find satisfaction from within and without, learning how to enjoy what we are given and deciding on wants vs. Needs. Rid ourselves of Greed and thoughtless desire would go much farther then losing our money, faith and religion...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Money? How would riding ourselves of money solve anything?

Let's say money is gone there would still be some form of trade and barter. So the greedy guy would have more Horses or Land or Pickles than anyone else...

If everyone had a horse, why would anyone collect horses?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Learning to find satisfaction from within and without, learning how to enjoy what we are given and deciding on wants vs. Needs. Rid ourselves of Greed and thoughtless desire would go much farther then losing our money, faith and religion...

Thoughtless desire.... i'd argue Money, Faith, and Religion are all worthless desires. Yet, thoughtless. Who ever thought of Money, Faith and Religion may be well intentioned, but look where we are NOW.

-_- I want to run my own #ing planet.

Originally posted by abeverage "Learning to find satisfaction from within and without, learning how to enjoy what we are given and deciding on wants vs. Needs."

So say you're just born into this world. You're saying live and let live. I'm saying, "live and let live, but we don't have to sacrifice what we're sacrificing for whatever resources we think we need." We especially do not need to be killing anything. As far as I know.
edit on 7-8-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

If we all loved one another unconditionally what do you think the world would be like?

Humans are not capable of this.

Plus, if we all loved one another there would be no war, no murder. The population would be at fifty billion by now, and growing. This is not a good thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Plus, if we all loved one another there would be no war, no murder. The population would be at fifty billion by now, and growing. This is not a good thing.

Agreed it is not a good thing, right now. But is this planet not vast enough for our entire population? I mean if we had to build over water, or underwater? With the technology, and what with everything we know right now? Surely "TPTB" have considered every option possible? .....the rabbit hole is deeper than most think. Of course, eventually we'll need to interstellar travel, which most here at ATS are prepared for, I believe.
edit on 7-8-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Wow. Well I guess we have no other option.

The votes are in folks we just go on killing children and innocents around the globe because, well, if we didn't there would be too many people around.

So, are you saying war is a good thing?

Thousands of dead children - as a result of collateral damage and the general ravages of war - would beg to differ.

Hail Eris

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Religion ad Money should be gone, but i won't say personal "Faith" is anything that harmfull, unless its forms an organization and enact laws.

But eliminating these are the real trouble.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

You beat me to it.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Religion ad Money should be gone, but i won't say personal "Faith" is anything that harmfull, unless its forms an organization and enact laws.

But eliminating these are the real trouble.

Ok faith. How does Faith make any logical sense what so ever? In any situation? Right now I cannot think of a situation where Faith is needed in any way. Faith is made up like Money and Religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Problem.

We need resources to survive.
We need resources obtained by others to survive...as they in turn need likewise.
Strict bartering is ineffective (how do you decide how many chickens a goat is worth?)...it's why we invented money...to make barter easier. Like it or not. We need it.

The other two are dead weight though......

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I cannot argue. Unless we lived in a perfect world.

Any way to keep money from causing any corruption?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

Wow. Well I guess we have no other option.

The votes are in folks we just go on killing children and innocents around the globe because, well, if we didn't there would be too many people around.

So, are you saying war is a good thing?

Thousands of dead children - as a result of collateral damage and the general ravages of war - would beg to differ.

Hail Eris

It's not good or bad. It's life. It's human. It's nature's checks and balances. I don't like it any more than anyone else, but it is what it is. History has proven this time and time again.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Problem.

We need resources to survive.
We need resources obtained by others to survive...as they in turn need likewise.
Strict bartering is ineffective (how do you decide how many chickens a goat is worth?)...it's why we invented money...to make barter easier. Like it or not. We need it.

That's exactly right. What's wrong is how the 1% abuse it. There's enough money for everyone in the world to always have everything they need. But, so much money is sitting in banks and safes that no one can earn or buy necessities with it. This is wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join