It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portugal stock market falls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Aljazeera

Portugal PM vows to stay despite resignations

Aljazeera

Portugal finance minister quits

Aljazeera

RT

Bad bonds: Is Portugal the next Greece?

RT

Portuguese strike against austerity

If the people of Portugal are inspired by the success Egypt just had they should do the same. Continue to protest corruption in GOVTS, remove the corrupt officials from office, then tell the IMF to go fluff themselves because we are not paying back the loan or money you stole from taxpayers, bank accounts, only to return it with an interest rate.

There is this sense in the world that empires are going to crumble and the people will enjoy freedoms like they never had before. More and more people are becoming fed up and awaken to the misery imposed on citizens by world banks and supporting GOVTS.
edit on 4-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

If the people of Portugal are inspired by the success Egypt just had they should do the same. Continue to protest corruption in GOVTS, remove the corrupt officials from office.

I agree but I think the citizens of the U.S. should practice what they preach. (assuming you are in the U.S.).

We sit here and suggest that people overthrow their corrupt governments while our government is usually the cause of the corruption.

I say if we were to clean up the U.S. goverment it would alleviate many problems around the world.

Edit - I see you are in Canada but not much difference now is there?

edit on 4-7-2013 by 2getherwestand because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2013 by 2getherwestand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 2getherwestand

ATS

Im trying on both fronts, informing and protesting/ fighting back

But yeah not much different but hopefully appealing to peoples intelligence will spark a thought movement vocal movement and potentially a rally/revolutionary movement.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I am wary of calls for revolution these days. Many seem to be instigated by the elite. TPTB can not take over the world completely until they get all of us to destroy the old system and usher in their new system. Remove the corrupt politicians and enforce the laws that are on the books and there will be no need for any revolutions.

The Elite are in the process of metamorphosis, they are shedding one skin and donning a new form. People should be aware of this because they are pushing our buttons and prodding everyone towards revolutionary actions.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

not if each country removes their corrupt politicians and wipe away those BS laws, fully clean up the GOVT system especially in America where they do not want a revolution.

selling off oil reserves to recoup some of the debt would be a good start, while investing revenue into clean renewable energy to create more jobs, while cleaning up the environment....

oil reserve US
energycapital
3 trillion barrels nov 2012
oil prices
edit on 5-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Spain is in equal straits....There will be some very trying times acomin.
I don't see any way we can get the muscle to turn things around.....do you?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

stimulate the mind to provoke thought which will initiate discussion. Which is action in itself.

Information, information, information.

Ive been standing on a corner with a sign for the past week in my home town, My cousin in college emailed me because people are talking about it and want to know what it means.

You have to find a way to make people think.
edit on 5-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: wording

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
People won't revolt until they're starving. Americans don't give a crap about anything except keeping themselves entertained.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
People won't revolt until they're starving. Americans don't give a crap about anything except keeping themselves entertained.

I agree 100% with ^ this ^!

Getting rid of government will do nothing when it's the big banks and money that are controlling everything!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Its the only start you have to remove these world banks because your politicians take loans from them, not the individual. And its not getting rid of GOVT, its going back to the beginning of your constitution your founding fathers established, getting rid of the federal reserve act in 1913 for starters, and other bs, corporate supporting laws, like money is free speech, patriot act, etc. Its not a revolution but a reconstitution, establishing the bases that created the nation of America. Gaining back your independence, liberties and freedoms these banking elites have taken away from you since before you were born.

top topics

join