It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS*** Before Its News as a source

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Amanda5

ATS takes pride in the fact that we seek to find a good balance regarding source, documentation, "proof" et all. We have forums where these standards are a bit more relaxed - allowing for subjective and anecdotal stories to be presented. We even have three forums that cater, in varying degrees, to those things that don't seem to stand up to scrutiny very well ( Skunk Works, Hoax, and Ludicrous Online Lies ). So much of the "evidence" that you are suggesting we censor is here... just in an appropriately named forum.

Also should any of the stories in those forums ever produce more conclusive proofs or support? They can be moved to another forum.

Eloquently stated Heff. There are many good points on both sides of this discussion though. I stand on the all-open side because I'd rather have all of the information and decide for myself than have someone tell me what I can and cannot read. I feel like ATS is underestimating its members' intelligence by censoring information for our 'safety'. Sounds like a familiar meme to me.

Perhaps requiring a 'Full Disclosure: BIN Content!!' banner on all threads with BIN in the op and harsh discipline for failure to do so. Canning a couple of members for failing to do so would get the members' attention I think.

I came to ATS because it was the best. However, it's starting to feel more like I'm here only because it's the best available. Getting kind of a censory feel to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And my question is:

How exactly do you know which ATS members are making $$ of of BIN ad revenue?

unless you have direct access to BIN Members Login information or their database, there is no way you could know this. Yes you may be able to put two and two together with a couple of members, but this kinda worries me as it lead to a host of all new questions, like how safe is my info here and is ATS now keeping track of where I am a member of etc, etc

well at least there's no dancing bananas.

and while we're at it why hasn't the entire 2012 category been but in the HOAX bin?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Places like that, tabloids etc, only exist for one reason. To discredit stories. They post mostly ridiculous things, and mix in any story that is wanted to be discredited. Most people see "Oh, that's from [insert tabloid here], it's a bunch of crap", and will dismiss it without a second thought or research.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidKnight
How exactly do you know which ATS members are making $$ of of BIN ad revenue?

He said that might be making money off BIN stories. Not that they knew for a fact that there were members that were.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

I don't and can't, re-read what I wrote. There have been a handful of members who ONLY post "stories" from BIN, nothing else, no comments on other threads, nothing but OPs with BIN as the only source.

We've been doing this a long, long time and understand how this stuff works, it's not that hard to put two and two together to use your euphemism.

Springer...
edit on 7-7-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Before Its News is actually a "drop in centre" where anyone can post their "news" stories. Some articles are actually truthful, others are false/fake. ATS is similar although it's more controlled. I too see on ATS some rediculous claims while others won't attach their source material and expects people to believe it.

I say always go direct to the source and do my own research. There are a few members on ATS who have done some incredible and truthful work but there are others who will believe anything they read.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
'bout time.

While we're at it can we review the use of PressTV?

I know hatin' America is popular on ATS these days, but I don't think I have ever seen something from Iran's national news service that is true.

How about provide some examples of PressTV's false stories, if they are so legion?

I'd say Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC and the BBC have broadcast some of the most false and harmful stories of the last decade or so, i.e. Iraq's nuclear program is still running and it is on the verge of having nuclear weapons.

I'd also say any statements from US presidents and other government officials, including all intelligence and military officials, should also be banned as primary sources because they have shown themselves to consistently lie. Just because PressTV's stories don't agree with US MSM's stories, doesn't mean that they are purveyors of falsehoods.

Just to check, I went to PressTV's breaking news page and found stories about continued demonstrations in Egypt, the SF plain crash, a Canadian train crash and continued protests and teargassing of protestors in Turkey. I found reports of all but the Turkey story at NBC news; I assume other new sources have them too. So either you don't know what you're talking about or you're slandering PressTV in an attempt to further your political agenda, i.e. to get people to stop saying bad things about 'Merika on ATS. Which one is it, Ace?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well I would like this addressed before I make any more threads.

I posted a thread, that was linked to the official white house website about an executive order on communications....but another member said this was posted on beforeitsnews and immediately my thread was put into the HOAX bin.

Is this how this is going to go? Just because something gets posted in beforeitsnews it is untouchable on ATS?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Is this how this is going to go? Just because something gets posted in beforeitsnews it is untouchable on ATS?

That was my concern when I read the BIN ban thread. I'll just pay close attention to the more out there news and see what happens.

HOAX on a thread does seem to kill a conversation. It would serve to keep things sanitized here.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

BIN had nothing to do with your thread

Your thread was back in 08, posted as new on BIN and shown on SNOPES and other such sites as being a pure Hoax

The simple fact is, the topic was a Hoax

BIN or not

Semper

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well if you wan to talk about this on the main then fine by me.

The Executive Order was passed in July 2012 (a mistake that I am more then willing to admit I made by not looking closer) but the Executive Order is NOT A HOAX.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Is the official website of the US government a hoax?
edit on 7-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Your title is a Hoax

Obama Gives Himself Control of all Communication Systems in America

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
And that will be that

If you have any further problem, file a Complaint

Convo Over

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If you're going to get rid of BIN could you at least get rid of SNOPES as well because they are a biased site promoting their own agenda and propaganda as to what they think is truth. If were going to be thought police here because we don't believe people can distinguish truth from fiction, well, let's go all the way.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Relating to the above sticker on my post, has anyone had their accounts messed with? yesterday I couldn't access my account because it wouldn't accept my password. I had to apply for a new one. I believe it was tampered with, so be on the alert. I got the above sticker for something I may not have actually done in commenting on this thread about BIN being a bad site.

And as I actually said prior in my actual post, I believe BIN should be allowed to be quoted as a source and that the members should have the ability to decide as to it's validity. And as I also said prior, that the members are intelligent enough to make those decisions themselves. Now, if that was offensive, so be it.

Thankyou.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
When it gets right down to it, we all agreed to this when we joined:

24) Right of Community Management. This is a privately owned discussion board community. TAN reserves the right to take action against any member, or member Posting, which is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, represents behavior contrary to community building, or in cases where the content is contrary to the core ideals of the Websites. This action may include removal of your Posting and/or complete banning of your username and IP address. TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites. TAN reserves the right to establish limits on topics that may be discussed if, in their opinion, the discussion of those topics attract an audience that is counterproductive to maintaining the ideals set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

When the owners decide that a source disseminates hoaxes, then an action such as this is within their rights and complimentary to the rest of the T&C's. By focussing on only one item from that site, we lose proper perspective. It's the big picture that counts, not the narrow one. As a result, we would not be seeing the forest because a tree stands in the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join