It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS*** Before Its News as a source

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Looks like you'll may trusts nothing but Mainstream news sources as the source due to terrible perception of "Mainstream News are the only reliable sources". Before It's News have some of it's news gone, Natural News is OK but sometimes bit too hippie, and so on

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

How about those who index that site through a second/third part site?

Many "other" sites use that site as a gateway...........to continue to spread the information.

Or is this more for those who are using Before Its News as a source outright?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After doing doing some sleuthing, The story comes from "Before Its News"

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thank you stepping in Springer, it was getting out of hand, something had to be said about it

edit on 3/7/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

link   
I totally agree with the decision! This situation has happened over and over with BIN. As soon as I would see it as the link, I never pursued the topic any further until it was presented with other sources. All this has done is waste time discussing a story that is completely false. So I appreciate the decision!

link   
What would be helpful is a list/thread of credible sources which we can scour for new and breaking news.

I get really sick of finding a few shreds of truths and fall prey to wasted time from there on.

link   

Originally posted by JohnBlack
Seems like quite a double standard, banning a site as a news source when...I have read so MANY people on here claiming the MSM is the most corrupt and biased news sources going.

But that is just hipster jive talk, nobody questions the MSM when its a story they want to hear. Like a story about a cop shooting an innocent person, people want to hear that so they will eat it up. But run a story that conflicts with the readers politics and its a different matter.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Before Its News
Darn,I didn't even knew that thing exists.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

CHECK IT OUT, its pretty funny. Its like the gray area and skunk works but a new site. I think they have zero standards for what goes on there.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

JohnBlack
Seems like quite a double standard, banning a site as a news source when...I have read so MANY people on here claiming the MSM is the most corrupt and biased news sources going.

It's not morally corrupt to completely fabricate sensationalized fake stories specifically to hoax conspiracy sites and siphon off the gullible traffic for profit?

Seriously?

Links to beforeitsnews.com have now also been disabled.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Fair point!! I was merely stating that I find it difficult to believe ANY and ALL news sources and that each are worthy of our dislike!!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

CHECK IT OUT, its pretty funny. Its like the gray area and skunk works but a new site. I think they have zero standards for what goes on there.
I will but I am afraid I will hurt my eyes....

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnBlack

I think there is a huge difference between Sorcha Faal style hoaxing which is what BIN and NN do, and what most news organizations and dedicated reporting sites do.

In the pursuit of facts you cannot hope to have all the details. Nor can you hope to be totally free of bias. The notion is a myth anyway.

But you can expect a degree of honesty, intellectual or otherwise, to some recognizable degree.

You cannot do that with sites like BIN and NN, as their sole purpose is to profit from the gullible. And what better place to poach the gullible for profit than in the conspiracy theory population?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Should've done this a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So is this thread going to be trashed?

Egypt and Obama: 5 Stunning Pictures Banned by the Mainstream Media

It's a B4in source.

I alerted this after catching this thread early on but the thread is still open.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I second that option, I happen to research on news and stories and I use my own personal multi engine software that do not discriminate when is searching for a topic.

It will be nice to have a list of "banned sites"

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnBlack

Why is the MSM accepted but other source such as BIT are not? I don't see how one is any better than another when we all KNOW that the MSM is bought and paid for by someone, something or some corporation.

Is BIT a competitive site?

There is a BIG difference between spinning a story and completely making one up.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What would be helpful is a list/thread of credible sources which we can scour for new and breaking news.

I get really sick of finding a few shreds of truths and fall prey to wasted time from there on.

If I find a story or hear one by mouth I look for cooberation from a decent source. If your doing research and don't have a research database type in your search term and then "pdf". You may get some peer reviews at the top (if its something that has been researched). The guardian is a good, and no one is complaining about it yet. If you type in breaking news you will get that direct hit but also a bunch of media sources. If worse comes to worse back up your info with digging deeper or just say your heard it but aren't sure if its been validated yet (such as from twitter).

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Links to beforeitsnews.com have now also been disabled.

Not exactly - almost disabled.

http://______/e9ct is a tiny URL redirect used for this particular post www.abovetopsecret.com... and I've seen that "b3in" tiny URL used on many other posts.

So, almost disabled.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

We don't allow tiny url links either actually.

I don' think they are disabled, but they aren't allowed per-say

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is only going to hurt people who use it as the ONLY source right? If it falls in line with another legit news source no repercussions?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join