It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 women sexually assaulted in tahrir square.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Unreal... some of the finger pointing going on in this thread.

Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted
Link

A woman is sexually assaulted by forced intercourse every 17 minutes in Canada
Link

Neither of these countries are considered to be "muslim" countries.

So get off of your damn high horses gentlemen and stop trying to blame any particular religion as being the guiltiest party.

Your petty argument crap is belittling and demeaning the seriousness of what these poor victims are going through... every damn day... all over the damn world.

Wake the hell up.

Six women were raped in the time it took me to make this damn post.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Unreal... some of the finger pointing going on in this thread.

Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted
Link

A woman is sexually assaulted by forced intercourse every 17 minutes in Canada
Link

Neither of these countries are considered to be "muslim" countries.

So get off of your damn high horses gentlemen and stop trying to blame any particular religion as being the guiltiest party.

Your petty argument crap is belittling and demeaning the seriousness of what these poor victims are going through... every damn day... all over the damn world.

Wake the hell up.

Six women were raped in the time it took me to make this damn post.

While they are arguing about which religion is worse without even being able to substantiate the religion of the perpetrators... let's stop and ask what gender they are?

Ahh, aren't generalizations fun?

Sorry guys.... couldn't resist.

Neither is actually important. What's important is bringing justice to crime and bitching about religion is just wasting everyone's time. If anyone thinks eradicating religion is going to eliminate rape then it's amazing that they can even read in the first place.
edit on 3-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't think religion has anything to do with it. If religion were the problem then you'd see a real concentration of rapes all over Muslim areas in Western nations. Some of Michigan would be awash in the crime wave. That isn't the case and none of the Muslims I've known would stand for rape.

That last part is the problem though, in a way. Standing for it happening. That makes this a cultural thing in my view. This wasn't 100 women across Cairo where it could have been dark alleys or hidden spots. This was savage beatings and rapes in a crowded, albeit very large, square full of people. So it's not just who did it, but who allowed it to happen within hearing or sight distance. Both would have been hard to miss, I'm thinking.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't think religion has anything to do with it. If religion were the problem then you'd see a real concentration of rapes all over Muslim areas in Western nations. Some of Michigan would be awash in the crime wave. That isn't the case and none of the Muslims I've known would stand for rape.

That last part is the problem though, in a way. Standing for it happening. That makes this a cultural thing in my view. This wasn't 100 women across Cairo where it could have been dark alleys or hidden spots. This was savage beatings and rapes in a crowded, albeit very large, square full of people. So it's not just who did it, but who allowed it to happen within hearing or sight distance. Both would have been hard to miss, I'm thinking.

Not if many of them formed circles... like some kind of group effort.

No outsiders seeing in and then the rapist is gone before the victim can tell anyone or point him out.... and then they blend back into the crowd and pick another victim... forming huddles and preventing outside interference.

Gang rapists.

Then after outsiders see and figure out what happened... they're gone. They cannot help the victim, the victim doesn't know who in her surroundings to tell or trust because she realizes she is surrounded by men who she can now not rule out as rapists as well... she gets away from the area as best she can and the surrounding people who think something might have just happened to her shrug it off because she scurries away into the crowd for a safer place to go.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

i cant believe the absolute lack of respect women get in this part of the world. i dont care which god they follow be it christian or muslim.....these offenders are animals.
reply to post by bellagirl

Ditto that. I can't believe women in that part of the world don't rise up and say enough is enough, or at least pack-up and leave!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

i cant believe the absolute lack of respect women get in this part of the world. i dont care which god they follow be it christian or muslim.....these offenders are animals.

Ditto that. I can't believe women in that part of the world don't rise up and say enough is enough, or at least pack-up and leave!

Leave to where?
Rise up with what?
You really don't have a clue what it is like in the middle east.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Not if many of them formed circles... like some kind of group effort.

No outsiders seeing in and then the rapist is gone before the victim can tell anyone or point him out.... and then they blend back into the crowd and pick another victim... forming huddles and preventing outside interference.

Gang rapists.

Then after outsiders see and figure out what happened... they're gone. They cannot help the victim, the victim doesn't know who in her surroundings to tell or trust because she realizes she is surrounded by men who she can now not rule out as rapists as well... she gets away from the area as best she can and the surrounding people who think something might have just happened to her shrug it off because she scurries away into the crowd for a safer place to go.

just an observation but most white males in western worlds are sole rapists. i have noticed that a lot of rapes involving middle eastern men are usually commited in a pack.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I am not outraged...SMH...I am too tired to be anything but positive towards the future of the NEWWORLDBLUE...That sort of thing will not happen in NWB...We have been outside working on it all day and I must say it is looking fabulous baby it should be finished by this week-end(weather permitting)...
#1 Rule-Do not make our maker mad...

edit on 7/4/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I don't think religion has anything to do with it. If religion were the problem then you'd see a real concentration of rapes all over Muslim areas in Western nations.

Uhm, that's exactly what's happening, at least in Europe, but I think it's a combination of culture and religion.

Just look at the rape statistics in Oslo, Norway, in 2009 every single rape perpetrator was an immigrant, mostly muslims. That's not chance, that's a pattern, and I can guarantee you that muslims are highly overrepresented when it comes to rape in most western countries.

It's so clear you'd have to be dumb, deaf and blind not to see it, or you could be a cultural relativist and apologist and simply refuse to see the writing on the wall even though it's as clear as day.

Muslims could be marching through Berlin or London decapitating and raping everybody in sight and you'd still have people blaming us westerners while apologising to the muslims profusely.

Wake up........

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

It seems that speaking the cold hard truths today is considered hate speech to some. The reality is that in the Muslim faith there are some very serious issues with women's rights. And the problem will only be solved from the inside out and the moderates need to stand up and take the whole faith over.

This is not hate speech this is the truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
enough i dont give a rats about all the arguments women are not cannon fodder and by the way if anyone cares to read the koran they will see that it is also about protecting women and im not muslim i am a human being who respects our mothers as people not bloody thins to be used as examples i hope they burn in the hell they believe in grrrrrrrr

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

[color=gold]

It is not easy for 1 to speak in these lower vibrating beings w/o speaking with the voice of a JUDGE and so 1 shall refrain
for 1 is not the nor the jury...

MAY THE LORD WATCH OVER THESE WOMEN DEALING WITH THESE IGNORANCE PRACTICES GLOBALLY... And may the LIGHT shine BRIGHT upon the souls distributing these practices to better CLEAR their and others minds who ok such activities.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

On behalf of the real animals, including my best friend ...

... in this thread so far ...

".....these offenders are animals."
"These types of animals need exterminating. "
"some of the members are total animals"
"It's those animals in Tahrir square"
"thousands that gather are ALL animals"
plus many repeats of these comments

... I object. If they were real animals they would certainly not have behaved like this.

Why do we always relate all our awfullest and baddest human behaviour to animals? I obviously understand the context but why can they not be inhumane people or whatever. Why relate such diabolical human actions to innocent animals?

But I do agree
With our supposed wisdom and intellects, humans can certainly behave in the most abominable ways, in the name of whatever excuse we choose to adopt.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KenArten

true. i absolutely love animals and the old saying is totally wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Why the outrage? Just another day for the human civilization.

Why would you be outraged over things that happens daily and have since the... dawn of humankind and will keep going until the end? Because the medias talked about it so you couldnt ignore it like you did until know? Sheeples are much more hypocrites than i thought.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I cant help but think that the claim of 100 women being raped is propoganda spouted by the MSM to turn the west against the protestors. I know that there was that US reporters case but the US reaction to that case may have been a good reason to try and use the same storyline again. After all, the US was cozying up to Morsi and had guarantees that it's ally, Israel, would stay safe.

Then again, I could just be reading too much on ATS. I dont trust anything coming from the MSM....

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's amazing how Islam can enter any argument when discussing the ME. As usual, there are the same people who like slandering and insulting people, time and time again.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

bellagirl, Egypt is know for this kind of behavior towards women

www.theatlanticwire.com...
www.egyptindependent.com...

frontpagemag.com...

www.charismanews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

People have been using Islam to defend, conquer or govern all throughout the history.Same could be said about Christianity or any other religion....Religions are like the law books,the results and the definition of cases may vary depending on who and how is using them at the time...But can you say we don't need laws?,Communism and Capitalism had a lot of progress and at the same time there has been countless amount of misery and suffering caused by the name of those Ideologies,but can we blame all we are in right now on Communism,Capitalism or Islam?....People are people regardless of their religion,color,etc,there are always mad dog nut jobs who want to start wars in the name of or on the behalf of something.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

bellagirl, Egypt is know for this kind of behavior towards women

www.theatlanticwire.com...
www.egyptindependent.com...

frontpagemag.com...

www.charismanews.com...

Yes, continue to bring news articles. There are 1 billion Muslims around the world. Are they all "animals", "neanderthals", "barbarians" or "criminals"? What right do YOU have to protest against this while in other parts of the world the SAME thing happens EVERY DAY. You are quite quick to point out other countries and religions flaws, but don't see that your society is the same. It's disgusting how bigoted, and hateful people are here. If someone committed a rape in ME, it's BOUND to be a Muslim who is oppressing women in his Islamic society. If someone kills another in the ME, it's BOUND to be a Muslim killing someone in the name of religion. Honestly, my feelings have been crushed and trodden upon by you people slandering every single Muslim as a barbarian. But of course, I'm not supposed to have feelings. I'm a boogeyman aren't I? A barbarian, product of the cruel and totalitarian society I live in. I've had enough today. I'm off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join