It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil child within!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The manifestation of thoughts contorting inside our heads provides us with our animated comfort we are a factual creation of life, and not just some rock on the ground inanely snoring at the face of obvilion. You say your real...i challenge you that you are not real!

How did you ever get it in your head you are real? I think and therefore i am! Is that it, your justification for not being a figment of someone elses imagination?

If there was ever a time to step out of your virtual conduit it is now, and reveal the real you! You cant hide forever in that make believe world of yours you know. Time to Grow up child and become real.

Are you listening? you childish evil!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Sorry, but there is more evidence to suggest that I am real than I am not real. You say you want to challenge the reader, and that is all well and good, but you need to bring forth some more compelling arguments and sound reasoning to support your assertions.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Quick question, could you please define "real".

Whether I am a figment of someones imagination, or a living breathing being, I'm still real.

A thought it as real as an entity

I dont really see your point.....

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

By that logic, god is real, and god is not real, therefore your logic is flawed.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

By that logic, god is real, and god is not real, therefore your logic is flawed.

That isn't logic...

That's taking an absolute position... which no one can do "logically" on the issue of whether or not God exists

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Thats correct

God is real as a belief but not real as an entity.

I'm glad you understand

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

No, it's not, lol. For something to exist, its existence must be testable. If something exists only in the spectrum of imagination, then it is not "real."

We have various ways to test something's existence, namely through our senses. Of course, if you want to get into semantics, it could be argued that we can know nothing but our own existence, and as such have no way to verify if something else really exists or is simply a fabrication of our minds. Just saying. A mirage is a mirage.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
*I am the voice inside your head;
- the writing on the wall.
*The star of your subconscious;
- created through it all.
*The sounds inside your ears;
- countless whispers from the wind.
*The ghost within the shadows;
- of where your imagination begins.

- iunlimited491 (i_B_ghost)

Lolz.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

"Real" is Subjective. What is real to me may not be real to you.

Real cannot be defined

Therefore nobody can ever be right. :-)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Can a mirage exist without an observer?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This thread is a mirage, these posts are an illusion, its all happening in someones else head and you are only mirrors of the others thoughts.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
What are you on about? I think you're too preoccupied with the manure of experience, instead of judging your minds contents that it has been filled with from the 5 senses for however long you've been alive that you have no real control over, perhaps you should cultivate a mind that works for you and not against you... it's easy.

Just practice placing your mind where you want it moment to moment, not being surprised or disgusted where you may find it or where it may lead you... like it is now. If it wanders off where you put it pull it back and place it where you want it. It can either be your best friend and a powerful tool, or your worst enemy and dullest tool in the shed... your choice.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Yes. Being observed does not make something real. How can it not exist if it is there to be seen in the first place? Do countries not exist if there is no external observer to view them? Or enter into them?

Silly.

Now OP.... I think therefore I am might not be apt for this scenario.

More like, I read this, therefore I wish I was not.

Oo

You sipping the church goon again you crazy feller you?

edit on 3-7-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The manifestation of thoughts contorting inside our heads provides us with our animated comfort we are a factual creation of life, and not just some rock on the ground inanely snoring at the face of obvilion. You say your real...i challenge you that you are not real!

How did you ever get it in your head you are real? I think and therefore i am! Is that it, your justification for not being a figment of someone elses imagination?

If there was ever a time to step out of your virtual conduit it is now, and reveal the real you! You cant hide forever in that make believe world of yours you know. Time to Grow up child and become real.

Are you listening? you childish evil!

Challenge accepted.
You might have to think of me as something in order to exchange this information. Real/not real it only matters what what both parties think to exert force.

You cant hide forever in that make believe world of yours you know

Who's "world" should people be hiding in?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

That's like asking "is the sun still there if nobody is looking at it?" Of course it is still there. It is an atmospheric phenomenon and would still exist whether the camel viewing it knew what it was or not, and would remain there when the camel turned its back on it.
edit on 3-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Is it seen in the first place, though? And what makes something "real" according to you?

reply to post by IvanAstikov

How can the existence of anything be confirmed if there is no subject to experience its existence? Think about that carefully before you reply.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I am, I can, I will and therefore I exist.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That's it everyone. Let's turn around and go home. We're not real.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I am 100% certain that I am real because if I were not real, then there would be no me to question whether or not I exist.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How real are you if your thoughts are the action of a spinning electromagnetic wind. A gust will one day sweep your mind away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join