It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians believe in a God that has "chosen" the Jews

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
nm
edit on 5-7-2013 by NoSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Maybe you should check in to both sides...

"Misquoting Truth: A Guide to the Fallacies of Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus"

www.amazon.com...

The reason Bart does what he does is no different than others.

He remained a liberal Christian for fifteen years but later became an agnostic after struggling with the philosophical problems of evil and suffering.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's what the Bible says about man's philosophy and unknowing...

Colossians 2:8

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Here's what it says about God's thoughts and ways...

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

People don't care about all the stuff Ehrman screwed up.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The real message in the Bible should not be hidden, for its a crime against humanity and thus those who are into secrecy are not awakening as Love. They can stop trying for their dark wings, too! For there is no promotion on the other side from the Big Bullies they serve.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
ThinkingHuman, what's sad is listening to more and more stories like yours.

People who sat in church (or not) year after year while calling themselves a Christian and for what? To wait until after they retire to try to gain an understanding of what it means to be a Christian in the first place?

It's clear from your posts and misinterpretation of scripture that you've never understood what it says, so why go to all of the trouble now?

Faith is faith. Anything short of that isn't faith at all.

My question is, what were your reasons for calling yourself a Christian all of those years to begin with? Was it socially acceptable in your circle of friends? Was it your family or spouse?

Help us to understand where you're coming from.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Deetermined

People don't care about all the stuff Ehrman screwed up.

You're right. People are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what.

If they want to think only with their heads and not with their hearts, or the other way around, entirely with their hearts while not using their heads, they're going to miss the mark.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Maybe you should check in to both sides...
"Misquoting Truth: A Guide to the Fallacies of Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus"
www.amazon.com...
The reason Bart does what he does is no different than others.

He remained a liberal Christian for fifteen years but later became an agnostic after struggling with the philosophical problems of evil and suffering.
en.wikipedia.org...
Here's what the Bible says about man's philosophy and unknowing...
Colossians 2:8
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Here's what it says about God's thoughts and ways...
Isaiah 55:8-9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Where are you providing any evidence that he is wrong?

You are not even contradicting his claims.

You are just trying to attack him personally.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

I don't see an attack.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

ThinkingHuman, It's clear from your posts and misinterpretation of scripture that you've never understood what it says, so why go to all of the trouble now?

You were indoctrinated from childhood like billions of people, and programmed to believe in something without a shred of evidence.

Faith is faith.
Blind is blind.

Help us to understand where you're coming from.
Help me understand why you are posting in a forum that is designed for CONSPIRACIES when you are obviously not interested in that.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The "real" answer to the question which you pose is very simple.
When you "make-up" something you not only get to name it, you also get to claim it as you own. Or in this case, claim your own special relationship with it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't see an attack.
And if you believe "people don't care" about him, then why do you bother discrediting him? You cannot speak for millions of people you don't even know.

Your techniques of manipulation are not working any more. People are learning. I am far from the only one.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Help me understand why you are posting in a forum that is designed for CONSPIRACIES when you are obviously not interested in that.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Help me to understand why you ever labeled yourself as a Christian to begin with, when you're obviously not interested in it. Now that is a conspiracy that should be exposed.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Help me to understand why you ever labeled yourself as a Christian to begin with, when you're obviously not interested in it. Now that is a conspiracy that should be exposed.
I was raised Christian, so I describe myself as Christian. Do you lose the right to call myself that because I question their claims?

Do you still allow me to call myself American, even though I question some of the claims by some Americans?

You misunderstand the definition of the word conspiracy. An agreement requires to involve at least two people.
www.thefreedictionary.com...
I am only one.

You are also mistaken that I am not interested in Chritianity. I would not be spending so much time on it, if I was not interested.

You still have not answered the question of this topic, Why do you believe Christians believe in a God that has chosen another group of people (to execute his will).

What is your goal in posting here? You are distracting from the topic, not helping explore it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

I was raised Christian, so I describe myself as Christian. Do you lose the right to call myself that because I question their claims?

Well, yeah, actually you do lose that right.

Do you still allow me to call myself American, even though I question some of the claims by some Americans?

Being American is a birthright or naturalized right, it has nothing to do with faith.

You are also mistaken that I am not interested in Chritianity. I would not be spending so much time on it, if I was not interested.

You still have not answered the question of this topic, Why do you believe Christians believe in a God that has chosen another group of people (to execute his will).

I've already answered that question in many ways throughout this thread as well as many others ten times over.

What is your goal in posting here? You are distracting from the topic, not helping explore it.

The only question that remains now is what is your opinion on what's already been posted? Did it really change any of your existing thoughts and views? I bet it didn't. I bet you spend more time trying to debunk Christianity than you try to understand or practice it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ThinkingHuman, you are not thinking clearly... Galatians 3:28 simply states that there is no distinction here between roles! (ponder this)

By trying to make Galatians 3:28 apply to role relationships of men and women in the church and the home, you have not handled the scripture correctly. Instead lets use Colossians 3:11 as the "golden text" for this purpose! "Here there is no Greek or (((Jew))), circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all." ...since it does not mention male and female.

Again... "no distinction here between roles"!

BTW... do you play Chess?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Tex tWhy do Christians not believe in their own God? And who chose them not some other “race”?

@ ThinkingHuman

Good post and not easily explained.

Well, you still have Jewish Christians as well as Gentile Christians and the God concept is different among the many different ideas on both side of the isle. Once you get into Jewish Christianity you will find that they are about as divided as the Gentile. The word Christian is almost regarded as a dumping ground for about any thing that is not mainstream in the secular world.

You can pick a bible that suits your lifestyle and you can pick a church that does the same. Almost all of science ridicules any form of a god and the world is overwhelmingly secularist even though many of them claim to be Christian. There are many who conceive God as a consciousness in the celestial universe without even admitting the Jesus concept. It has turned into such a conglomerate of ideas that it puts the Roman Empire to shame. When asked, most all Christians will have a different perspective than what the Hebrew bible says and when describing God it is almost pathetic their ideas of the Creator. I see this on ATS almost daily.

I don't see that the Gentiles have adopted the Jewish Christian God in this day and age. At one time they were close but then I believe the dark ages have completed the purpose of Satanic influence. In fact to answer your question i believe you would have to establish the ingredients of a Christian and who would be the judge of that? You can't use the bible to establish that because there are so many bibles out there it would be impossible to have it referee any argument anymore. Everybody is right in their own minds and the old out of touch dead apostle and prophet is debunked from almost every pulpit in the country.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
If god exists he doesn't have favourites. I seriously take the bible with a grain of salt.

This may sound good but its a logical fallacy. It is entirely possible that God has favorites or people that He is closer to than others. However the truth about Gods relationship with Israel is rather complicated.

His favorites are the ones that live for Him!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

I don't see an attack.
And if you believe "people don't care" about him, then why do you bother discrediting him? You cannot speak for millions of people you don't even know.

Your techniques of manipulation are not working any more. People are learning. I am far from the only one.

I never said people don't care about HIM, re-read what I said.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seede

There are many who conceive God as a consciousness in the celestial universe without even admitting the Jesus concept.
Thank you for attempting to answer my question. What makes us human, or even alive, is our conciousness or our spirituality. One person in this thread said, God created us in his image but referring to the spirit, not the body. I thought that was interesting. The Bible addresses spirituality and for a long time, I was hoping to find the clue, the answer to what it is all about.

Unfortunately, the Bible is some 2000 years old. They did not have knowledge of many concepts (biology, cyber, astrophysics, psychology, etc) that we have today. Given today's expectations they did a poor job at explaining their spiritual views. Plus there is an exorbitant amount of garbage about wars etc. Maybe the Pope could commission a group of scholars to write something useful. Rather than doing nothing but Easter messes.

You distinguish between Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians. I don't know what is the basis for that distinction. Can you elaborate on that? There are a number of different translations and many different denominations. But the points that I mentioned I believe apply to all of them.

Another way that I could ask the question is, Why don't Christians refer to themselves as different denominations of Jewish and our 'churches' as synagogues? (with Christ being an extension, an affirmation of the Jewish faith)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlien

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
If god exists he doesn't have favourites. I seriously take the bible with a grain of salt.

This may sound good but its a logical fallacy. It is entirely possible that God has favorites or people that He is closer to than others. However the truth about Gods relationship with Israel is rather complicated.

His favorites are the ones that live for Him!

... and DIE for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join