It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaw In Your Logic Regarding Homosexuality

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

One of the things that old L. Ron Hubbard had a pretty good definition for was "Good". Good was "that which tends to increase the survival of the individual, the family, the nation, and the species."

I don't think quoting L. Ron Hubbard is going to help your case.

Currently, the white race is not breeding at replacement value. If even a third of the race became Homosexual through the manipulation of the Media, the Educational System, and the Welfare state, the race would cease to exist within about 15 generations.

White people tend to be well off economically and more educated, which in some ways explains why the white birth rate is lower. In the USA, since about 1990 the birth rate of most other races, while higher than whites, has actually fallen greater relatively than whites. (I'm betting these people have become, in general, much more equal to whites socially and economically during the same time period). So in general white people are here to stay (other races will just become more populous over time). Also I think over time these things will sort themselves out and the differences in fertility rate will be smaller to non-existent.
edit on 2/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Why didn't you just reply to him in that thread instead of creating a whole new thread about one reply?

This thread is entirely unneeded and is obviously being used to stir the pot even further. The member was rebuffed in that thread by other members. There is no reason why you couldn't have replied to him there. It sounds like you just wanted to 'show off' so to speak.....

A new thread about that comment is an excellent idea.. I don't think there's anything wrong with individuals illustrating their eloquence here on ATS.. why so bugged, huh?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

THE MILLION MAN MARCH DID NOTHING FOR THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT?!
I'm sorry, but this conversation is no longer worth having.

Whoa! Sorry to bump that pedestal you were on....

We are talking about the 1995 event, right? The one that built itself on a stereotype, excluded women, a speaker known for antisemitism, etc. right?

What did it actually accomplish then? Any stats claimed are actually just extensions of the ongoing trends, if you look at the data. Not saying I don't applaud the idea behind it. The execution was a bit poor though. I just disagree that it was a momentously CHANGING event. Important for the amount of people voicing their ideas, yes, but having any real measurable result? No, not really. But, that's just my opinion, and conclusion from basic research. I'd love to see otherwise though, like something showing it improved conditions for black males in America.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
I just wish that people would stop with this stupid agenda, ok your gay, i'm straight, hes bi, shes a lesbian, who cares? Its specially annoying when they have to shove it in our faces with parades bout it. Russia had the best idea with banning the propaganda.

A stupid agenda? I beg your pardon.
People seeking rights does not strike me as a foolish agenda in the least.

That's actually a terribly irresponsible comment to post.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh

No.

I don't think a gay person should be ashamed or be forced to act differently. The point is there is no need to run around telling everyone who will listen that you're gay. Most people couldn't care less. There are some people who are offended and think it's wrong so why poke the bear?

To compare being gay to being black is simply ridiculous.

Actually it is feasible to associate being gay with black civil rights issues. Gay rights are also civil rights. and both of them along with women's rights got started in the very late sixties, early seventies.

But, what's wrong with people being honest about their orientation.. I imagine what bothers you people about someone being straight-foward and direct about their sexual identity, is that it empowers them. I guess you folks who keep complaining about "Gay Issues" here on ATS are taken aback by that self empowerment.

Maybe if you all thought of it this way:

I'm proud to be a lawyer.
I'm proud to be a doctor.
I'm proud to be gay.

It's an identity.

edit on 2-7-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can certainly agree on the rights issue....

A couple of years back, my wife's mother was in a coma. My wife's mom was gay, and had a partner of 22 years. Yet, though they shared a home and a life together, this woman was not able to make even the most basic decisions regarding her healthcare, etc. This instead, fell to my wife...who, of course, respected the partner's wishes and input, and simply passed that along. However, if my wife wasn't such a person, can you imagine the partner having to stand on the sidelines, with no say-so in her partner's care?

Yes, there are certainly rights issues to be addressed. I think the DOMA ruling is a major step in that direction.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'd love to see some studies examining the level of homosexuality in the current generation of teens/20-somethings. Simply put, the vast majority of these I know (my stepkids, friends' kids, neighbor kids, etc.) consider themselves homosexual or bisexual.

This is a HUGE shift from when I was a teen, where you maybe knew a couple of kids (and this was when in high school) who were. I don't know if it is a fad thing, or just Mother Nature's way of population control, but in one generation, this is a massive shift. It would be interesting to see some numbers on it. Maybe there is something to the media argument. Who knows?

I looked through my facebook "friends", of between one hundred and two hundred people.

75% of people I could identify as being straight (some of those people could be bisexual). I did not know the sexuality of 20% of people. 4% I could identify as being gay. I am in my early 20's. 1% rounding error.

Also I think my avatar is the gayest here.

edit on 2/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802

Take a look at your avatar Muzzlebreak.. He's wearing his belt a little too high now isn't he?

Hey, I agree with you 100%... But ever since he joined the conversation this thread became a joke. So for the sake of raising ourselves back up to an acceptable level of seriousness... Let's both agree to stop feeding the animals.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The comment you make about Gay Pride parades is totally offensive. In the parades, people look absolutely normal and healthy. If you are referring to the costumes some people wear, then you can maybe say that some of them might be a little racy, but the attire is no different than say, the attire that might be worn at Brazilian Carnival each year.

People are content and exuberant at these parade events, it's one of the few times of the year, when the entire community congregates as one, together, to express how much they love each other and their community.

Also, you should take a look at Gay Pride in Israel for example.. if you go outside of the U.S. you will likewise see that people are very tasteful with or without costume usage..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Take a look at your avatar Muzzlebreak.. He's wearing his belt a little too high now isn't he?

Hey, I agree with you 100%... But ever since he joined the conversation this thread became a joke. So for the sake of raising ourselves back up to an acceptable level of seriousness... Let's both agree to stop feeding the animals.
'

You bet, no problem..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You bet, no problem..

I apologize if I seem like I was attacking you or anything of the sort. I mean that sincerely. It was my mistake to begin with, as I humored a troll. I just don't want to see anyone else falling into the same trap.
edit on Tue Jul 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

You're missing the point. Being gay has little to nothing to do with it. Being loud, obnoxious, attention seeking and rude have everything to do with it. It's kinda like how most people try to avoid loud obnoxious drunk people and don't particularly feel comfortable around them. Of course the difference is, the loud drunk obnoxious people don't get to label people as intolerant and try to force people to like them. (ok, maybe some do
)

Many members of the gay community are quiet, demure, gently spoken, polite and eloquent.
You seem to be running with this very negative stereotype of gay people, and once again I beg to differ on the points you make. Many members of the gay community are professors, writers, doctors, curators etc, and they behave very harmoniously and elegantly with their peers and those around them.

The careless statements you make insinuating gay people are inherently "badly behaved," is distasteful and inappropriate..
edit on 2-7-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Seriously? You come into this thread and try to use the term gay as an insult? I can guarantee you that between your avatar and his, yours looks more gay. In fact, the gay co-worker sitting next to me asked for your phone number. So if you'd like me to hook something up for you let me know...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join