It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Document—"[DELETED]" Plots to Kill Occupy Leaders "If Deemed Necessary"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

FBI Document—"[DELETED]" Plots to Kill Occupy Leaders "If Deemed Necessary"

whowhatwhy.com

Would you be shocked to learn that the FBI apparently knew that some organization, perhaps even a law enforcement agency or private security outfit, had contingency plans to assassinate peaceful protestors in a major American city — and did nothing to intervene?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailypaul.com
www.democraticunderground.com

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This was released by the FBI, because of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request from Wash. D.C.(based Partnership for Civil Justice Fund). They knew but did not address the situation, that in itself is alarming. Looked into the situation observing the protesters, found a concern, but because it was protesters, peaceful at that, it didn't matter?

Not even safe during peaceful protests? I'm not saying shy away if you are in action but be aware. Whether you support Occupy or not, protesting or not, whose to say any of it is just limited to their protesting? With that many other questions arise, with that feel free to share, elaborate...more.

Here's a link tot the memo:
whowhatwhy.com...

Just thought, I'd share for anyone interested, am looking more into myself, will add more information if needed. I haven't seen this posted, searched, etc. sorry if shared already.

Also, I am sharing Additional Links from different Political sides, we need to all come together on this, see what's happening here.

whowhatwhy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: sp

edit on 28-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: added based Partnership for Civil Justice Fund

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just thought I would point out it was the Partnership for Civil Justice fund that request the info, not "Washington, DC".

Not sure what the FBI was suppose to do here... nothing happened so what do you think they should have done? Pretty scary stuff nontheless, makes me want to stay as far away from those types of protests as possible. I have always known local police forces were corrupt, I grew up with the LAPD, so it doesn't really surprise me. But I think things would have to get pretty crazy before SWAT snipers start taking protesters out.
edit on 6/28/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So why does this look like it was printed on a typewriter out of the 60s?

If the FBI truly wanted to do this there would be no evidence.

Others can run with it all they want .

I pass.

edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Just thought I would point out it was the Partnership for Civil Justice fund that request the info, not "Washington, DC".

Yes, as the article shares that.

Not sure what the FBI was suppose to do here... nothing happened so what do you think they should have done? Pretty scary stuff nontheless, makes me want to stay as far away from those types of protests as possible. I have always known local police forces were corrupt, I grew up with the LAPD, so it doesn't really surprise me. But I think things would have to get pretty crazy before SWAT snipers start taking protesters out.
edit on 6/28/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

They could have addressed the situation, since they felt OWS needed to be monitored. Just as you know they would have if it was an Occupier planning to assassinate, came up on the radar, I dunno a WS employee? Thanks for your reply.

edit on 28-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
So why does this look like it was printed on a typewriter out of the 60s?

If the FBI truly wanted to do this there would be no evidence.

Others can run with it all they want .

I pass.

edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Well, good question but apparently it is validated by the FBI themselves. Sounds sloppy. Plus it was heavily Photo shopped to remove info.

Articles says that:

The agency confirmed that it is genuine and that it originated in the Houston FBI office. (The plot is also referenced in a second document obtained in PCJF’s FOIA response, in this case from the FBI’s Gainesville, Fla., office, which cites the Houston FBI as the source.) That second document actually suggests that the assassination plot, which never was activated, might still be operative should Occupy decisively re-emerge in the area. It states:

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What the FBI could have done was damn well warn the camps who were targeted! ! !

A chemical bomb was thrown into a camp in Maine. I wonder if they knew about that one in advance too? I WAS looking up into the rifles of the Secret Service as they looked right down onto us at the St Louis Occupy Camp. It had to do with the fact Michelle Obama was attending the World Series 3 blocks away far more than who any of us were but I never felt threatened in a specific way. I figured we had nothing to worry about so long as no one in our camp did anything stupid.

Hearing this puts all that in a new light. A new and very disturbing light. Since when did protest, equal terrorism? Since when are protesters open for assassination? Isn't this PRECISELY what people said could never ever happen after the two Americans in Yemen were assassinated? "it could never happen here"? Well, apparently, they'd already put some pretty serious time into thinking out how to do it here. Well before that.

This really isn't America anymore.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Think they wouldnt take the leaders out?
think again,...and the next batch thats steps up if they have any success leading the people.
The FBI, has been one opf the most corrupt organisations in US history.
Since Herbert Hoover they have been sliming aroud the underbelly of America politics, offin whoever gets too popular, or discrediting them with fallse accusations etc.....
They are the origonal Black baggers for the gubbermint.But they seem to follow their own agenda at times......as if some shadowy force had control of the organisation.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its totally America. Just like it has been for my entire life. I mean, we are talking about the same FBI that was founded by J. Edgar Hoover. I didn't live through the 60's. Not sure if you did, either. Or the Vietnam protests. But I can assure you that protesters have never been treated kindly in the US for as long as I know. Hell, right after the Revolutionary war there was The Whiskey Rebellion. Do you recall what George Washington did then?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

This really isn't America anymore.

Are you really that naive?

Quashing dissent is American as apple pie. Want to see the youtube videos of the civil rights marches, Kent State, peoples park, Viet Nam protests, Chicago 68, labor movement marches, etc?

It's not going to change either! Anyone care for a nice piece of boiled frog?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

So the article is trhe source for validation the article is real? I have no idea if it is or isn't, but that's meaningless.

The FBI said you have to give me a million dollars today. I contacted the FBI and they validated this. Pony up.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Both are valid points. In a country that is supposed to value liberty and justice for all. In an Administration that promised Change to those who bought it, it all remains the same as it did back when college students were slaughtered at Ohio's Kent State. How should that even be? It's up to those involved in action to fend for themselves as to being aware, as well as demand answers, put those in the wrong on the spot or they will continue as always.

edit on 29-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

So the article is trhe source for validation the article is real? I have no idea if it is or isn't, but that's meaningless.

The FBI said you have to give me a million dollars today. I contacted the FBI and they validated this. Pony up.

WhoWhatWhy contacted FBI headquarters in Washington, and asked about this document—which, despite its stunning revelation and despite PCFJ press releases, was (notwithstanding a few online mentions) generally ignored by mainstream and “alternative” press alike.

The agency confirmed that it is genuine and that it originated in the Houston FBI office
continued at article...

That's two sources that contacted for verification of validity.

-DC-based Partnership for Civil Justice Fund(PCFJ)
-WhoWhatWhy, the website.

Plus the
-FBI validated it themselves.

Ponied up enough for ya? No, need more sources? Until then looking for and waiting on more verified information.

BTW:

Records obtained from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) by DBA Press and the Center for Media and Democracy (DBA/CMD) through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request indicate that the FBI employed tactics under a "counter terrorism" initiative called "Operation Tripwire" in the monitoring of Occupy Wall Street (OWS) activists.

"Operation Tripwire" -- the FBI, the Private Sector, and the Monitoring of Occupy Wall Street

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Based on what I read at their site I do not take them to be credible and as such their assertion of trust us we checked is meaningless. No name or contact information of who they spoke to or anything else verifiable, just a trust us.

If it is true, so what? What does "if deemed necessary" mean? What would you like the FBI to do, since per your article they state if there was any intelligence leading them to suspect anything was put in motion to harm civilians they would have taken appropriate action?

If there is a beef here, it might lie with the agency planning this, not the FBI.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This little revelation came out last December actually. Not sure why it's being regurgitated as current now but, considering it seems to be blog type of sites posting it now, maybe they just now saw it (principle of charity there with the 4th approaching
) Anyways, this story was originally reported by numerous sources, none mainstream, but a decent variety including RT:

rt.com...
news.firedoglake.com...

Smith over at Naked Capitalism did a pretty decent run down of the PCJ summary of the FOIA requests pertaining to the Occupy movement: www.nakedcapitalism.com...

To echo another poster, yes, squashing dissent is as American as apple pie. You would not believe the kind of toys they have to do so. I was just a couple blocks away from the Occupy site in my city. I had a couple old professors and a friend involved in it. It wasn't pretty and I'm not talking the hygiene of the camp. People thought the police in Boston going down the street was scary. Try about 300 police officers in riot gear approaching peaceful protesters.

People know about Kent State but there have been other protests. In fact, the Poor People's Campaign would be the one that most closely matched the Occupy Movement as it involved the creation of a tent city/shanty town in the Washington Mall in 1968. Or the Ludlow Massacre of 1914. Or the Tompkins Square Riot of 1874. MLK Jr. preached peaceful protest and they got water hoses and more:

Kind of funny in an awful way, isn't it? I remember being taught that peaceful protest was the way to go and how Gandhi and MLK Jr. got it right and won their cases. Don't think I ever learned about Kent State or any of these other protests in US History in high school. I was pretty shocked when I first started seeing what can happen to a peaceful protest with Occupy but I was aware of what went on at things like the G8. Still called my mom and first thing out of her mouth was "Kent State".

You have the freedom of speech and they'll let you go out and do it. But I think the loophole exists in the First Amendment itself. It says that "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech" but getting blasted by tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, water hoses or LRADs isn't something written in a law. It's just what they do.
edit on 29/6/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You'd actually be right. It has been altered. Going to the actual original source of the documents located here: www.justiceonline.org...

The original document is on page 67 of the original FOIA packet received. Headings are an exact match along with other marks. What has been removed from the altered document would be the first section of the synopsis and details that basically discusses electronic communications and various Occupy movement facts. In the last paragraph on the bottom of page 67, however, it begins to discuss the sniper rifle business including FBI Houston that is continued onto page 68.

So yeah, it has been altered but the alteration was removing unnecessary chatter and highlighting the core issue. Kind of a dumb thing to do but I guess that's a hazard of living in a twitter world where people have a seizure if they get faced with a lot of text. Page 67, please check it yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Thanks for our detailed reply, as well as the older links to the story. I've seen that it was shared, but news did not pick it up as shared below. That is probably why they are sharing it again, as well as the development of recent spying details picked up by the media.

WhoWhatWhy contacted FBI headquarters in Washington, and asked about this document—which, despite its stunning revelation and despite PCFJ press releases, was (notwithstanding a few online mentions) generally ignored by mainstream and “alternative” press alike.

OP source

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Based on what I read at their site I do not take them to be credible and as such their assertion of trust us we checked is meaningless. No name or contact information of who they spoke to or anything else verifiable, just a trust us.

If it is true, so what? What does "if deemed necessary" mean? What would you like the FBI to do, since per your article they state if there was any intelligence leading them to suspect anything was put in motion to harm civilians they would have taken appropriate action?

If there is a beef here, it might lie with the agency planning this, not the FBI.

So far, it is true. The "if deemed necessary", would be if the protest leaders were deemed as a threat. The threat, what ever that might be, that would be up to the ones in charge of assassination. There's previous verifiable sources as mentioned in the reply and post above, who shared the news before this current source validated it. Such as, linked to the above: FBI Documents Reveal Secret Nationwide Occupy Monitoring

The FBI needs to be held accountable, they should have to address and discuss the matter as to why they "did nothing to intervene". The ones who planned the assassinations, should be questioned and if they held accountable as to their plans, action should be taken. That as would be in any murder plot.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Pretty scary stuff nontheless, makes me want to stay as far away from those types of protests as possible.

mission accomplished.

propaganda bs to simply scare people from the ministry of truth

edit on 29-6-2013 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Pretty scary stuff nontheless, makes me want to stay as far away from those types of protests as possible.

mission accomplished.
propaganda bs to simply scare people from the ministry of truth

edit on 29-6-2013 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

No, it's not propaganda bs. If one is going to protest--even peacefully, then one needs to understand that there is risk of getting hurt involved. Probably would help with any resulting shock. Based on what I saw taking place with Occupy, some people chose to bring their kids and I get why. Sad thing is, some of those kids got hurt like this 15 year old kid took a baton to the face: www.oregonlive.com...

One of the things that I think really affected a lot of protesters in Occupy was shock at the way that they were "handled" by law enforcement and city officials. If you go in knowing that trouble could erupt at any second, then you're that much wiser for it. Occupy Oakland actually probably got hit the hardest. I had a friend from the UK that actually decided to stop by it the morning of their raid on October 25th. He was scared out of his mind at what occurred. City of Oakland blew about a million dollars on riot cops, rubber bullets, flash bangs, tear gas and much much more in one day. And it only took almost a year for the police involved to be disciplined. sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

So no, it's not propaganda to deter protesting. It's reality. If one is going to protest, be aware, alert and stay safe. That simple. If we chose to give up our right to assemble when it may actually matter because we're afraid of getting hurt, then that's pretty sad.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
its a protest...and whether its peaceful seems to depend upon relative perspective...

LOVE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join