It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudd Overthrows Julia Gillard as Prime Minister of Australia (27 June 2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well looks like our old deposed Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has managed to retake the throne from Julia Gillard to lead the Australian Labor Party to the next federal election just a few months away.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Well this was his third attempt, Gillard has been strong but public sentiment has tunred against her. Unfortunately a great deal of the animosity towards Gillard is a personal thing and people just dont like her, I think she has done an outstanding job a PM, she has achived a great deal and all with a minority government after she was basically forced by her own party to depose Kevin Rudd originally in 2009 due to an unhappy upper cabinet who were tired of Rudd'd increasing control over their decision making progress. Of course when Gillard strted to rub some of them the wrong way the started to try to get momentum back up to reinstate Rudd, with the goal of defeating Tony Abbott at the next federal election. I hope they can pull it off because im terrified of what Abbott might do if he gets in to the PM position.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What do u mean outstading job... she cut our miltery gdp to what it as in 1936 before world war 2. our heath care system is a joke. a whole tried of the budjeat is missing and she has the gule to pay her self more then any other wolrd leader?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
its all a soap opera it has been since 07

the worst thing is we the public let them get away with what ever they like
both parties stink and are childish pigs on a red carpet

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Kevin 07... Made such a mess that he was thrown out with the rubbish.

Gillard... made things so bad, we ushered the rubbish back in.

"I will not stand for PM again."
"Sure you will, you know you will."
"No, I will not, I can categorically state that I have no inten.. Oh wait, Yep, I'm in."

Annnd we're right back to where we started...

Please Mr USA. Send a stray nuke to canberra? Please???

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
We have come through one of the toughest periods in international economics and politics for many many years. Our day to day lives have been impacted very little by the events unfolding in Europe, and the US and Middle East. The Minority government has managed to pass a huge amount of legislation, all passed in a minority government with no help from the Libs, all the libs want to do is run around screaming ''The Sky is Falling''!. The problem is that as Australians we have so little to complain about that we couldnt handle a red headed woman running the country, thats the impression i get from Gillard opponents, Im far from her biggest fan, but i think given the circumstances she has done an effective job of managing the country.

Unless any of you are suggesting that Tony Abbott would somehow be a more competent leader, id almost vote for Pauline Hanson before Abbott. Almost.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CONEDESTROYA
its all a soap opera it has been since 07

the worst thing is we the public let them get away with what ever they like
both parties stink and are childish pigs on a red carpet

yep your 100% right, i dont know what it is about western democracy, we are so complacent and just stand by and watch our freedoms and livelihoods taken away by these pigs who sit on their hundreds of thousands of dollars a year salaries and then all their benefits, do you realise that if they complete a succesful term as a minister they get a salary for pretty much the rest of their days? its theft and piracy

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

I heard Gillard set gender equality in Australia back decades because of her anti-male policies she pushed through. Good fathers deserve the same rights as good mothers, they don't deserve to be treated worse then bad mothers.

www.f4e.com.au...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawksage

What do u mean outstading job... she cut our miltery gdp to what it as in 1936 before world war 2.

Yes but she loves to shed a tear for them and has made many speeches reminding us about our brave adf warriors even though the ink is still very new on that taliban US peace treaty recently signed in the spanking new taliban office in some arab kalifa fiefdom
They died in vain the sooner right wingers and the soldiers families face the facts the better.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Wasn't Kevin Rudd ousted because he wised up to the whole attempted "Rothschild/Rockefeller etc" global takeover. Specifically I think he received word Japan was going to be attacked "Fukushima" and he was... less than happy about learning all global politics are a useless game.

From what I've heard Kevin Rudd didn't play ball with "The Cabal". It somewhat seems like a good thing that this fool Julia is being given the boot.

We shall see where Kevin's allegiances are now. I would love for him to take back Australia and start to rapidly distance Australia from the U.S

Maybe shutdown the Pine Gap facility? One can only be hopeful.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Didn't Kevin get booted exactly at the time he was going to bring in the 40 % mining tax and Miss Julie quickly changed that idea back to something more pleasing to the wealthy land thief mining cabals .

Julie brought in a host of right wing policies

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

That sounds like something that would effect Rockefeller owned mines in Australia.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable
The problem is that as Australians we have so little to complain about that we couldnt handle a red headed woman running the country, thats the impression i get from Gillard opponents, Im far from her biggest fan, but i think given the circumstances she has done an effective job of managing the country.

It was difficult, but I think blaming her departure on persons that couldn't handle red heads or hated women is a bit uncalled for?

I realize you've qualified your statement with saying you're not Gillard's biggest fan, but the jokes about Gillard seem to always be cast in a slightly 'worse' light than similar jokes about other world leaders. When world leaders break promises, do stupid things, or are generally ineffective ... people make jokes about them. Jokes about Gillard being a woman with red hair are no more indicative of her reasons for being disliked than jokes about Obama's race or Tony Abbot's encouragement of Australian women staying in the kitchen.

Actually, if all people are complaining about is her red hair and chromosomes she is getting off lightly given Tony Abbot is often made out to be a msogynist and thug.

Personally I think the entire Australian political situation is a joke. They should decide their next Prime Minister by an entertaining game of charades followed by a tie breaking dance off. The group of winners can then take turns running the country so everyone gets a go.

Edit: stupid prediction, some muppet person in Australia comes and steals the leadership of the country with piles of money and marketing. Two major parties cry.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Pinke because: Edit:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawksage
What do u mean outstading job... she cut our miltery gdp to what it as in 1936 before world war 2. our heath care system is a joke. a whole tried of the budjeat is missing and she has the gule to pay her self more then any other wolrd leader?

Not that I am a gillard supporter, though your diction is pretty poor and she has attempted to fix that.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Kevin 07... Made such a mess that he was thrown out with the rubbish.

Gillard... made things so bad, we ushered the rubbish back in.

"I will not stand for PM again."
"Sure you will, you know you will."
"No, I will not, I can categorically state that I have no inten.. Oh wait, Yep, I'm in."

Annnd we're right back to where we started...

Please Mr USA. Send a stray nuke to canberra? Please???

Obviously you have an educated understanding of the situation.

Politics that is.

Like almost all of your posts but this is not helping your polls.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Originally posted by BeReasonable
The problem is that as Australians we have so little to complain about that we couldnt handle a red headed woman running the country, thats the impression i get from Gillard opponents, Im far from her biggest fan, but i think given the circumstances she has done an effective job of managing the country.

It was difficult, but I think blaming her departure on persons that couldn't handle red heads or hated women is a bit uncalled for?

I realize you've qualified your statement with saying you're not Gillard's biggest fan, but the jokes about Gillard seem to always be cast in a slightly 'worse' light than similar jokes about other world leaders. When world leaders break promises, do stupid things, or are generally ineffective ... people make jokes about them. Jokes about Gillard being a woman with red hair are no more indicative of her reasons for being disliked than jokes about Obama's race or Tony Abbot's encouragement of Australian women staying in the kitchen.

Actually, if all people are complaining about is her red hair and chromosomes she is getting off lightly given Tony Abbot is often made out to be a msogynist and thug.

Personally I think the entire Australian political situation is a joke. They should decide their next Prime Minister by an entertaining game of charades followed by a tie breaking dance off. The group of winners can then take turns running the country so everyone gets a go.

Edit: stupid prediction, some muppet person in Australia comes and steals the leadership of the country with piles of money and marketing. Two major parties cry.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Pinke because: Edit:

I think you've misunderstood me, while im not her biggest fan, i think she is a very courageous and smart woman, and i thinkj its disgusting the way she has been treated and villified by both the Australian media, public and politicians. She has conducted herself with nothing but cunning and honor, she hasnt stooped to near the level that her opposition has in trying to defame her and belittle her, its been disgusting to watch and everybody just makes out like she should get over it, no other leader of any country is treated the same way she has been by our public and politicians.

And yeah its all one big circus, go to youtube and look up Australian Parliment Question Time is disgracefull and embarasing.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

I heard Gillard set gender equality in Australia back decades because of her anti-male policies she pushed through. Good fathers deserve the same rights as good mothers, they don't deserve to be treated worse then bad mothers.

www.f4e.com.au...

Thats a load of rubbish, you should see what Tony Abbott has proposed, basically providing women who earn in the top tax bracket 6 months maternity leave for leave at their full pay capped at $150,000! how insane is that, its just pandering to the highest financila bracket and there is nothing for those in the bottom. Hows that for inequity of wealth sharing amongs the population, take tax money that everyone pays and give it to the highest earning women in the country so they can have babies, while a single mother working 2 jobs gets nothing cause she's not entitled to anything due to her work status as casual.

Im a man and a father in Australia and Gillard has done nothing that impacts my rights or livelihood.

story proposed policy from the libs and how half the party doesnt support it www.abc.net.au...

top topics

join