It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Of Steel Exposed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Man of Steel sure has some odd anagrams.

Mason Fleet
Men To False
Not Females
A Lefts Omen

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by BlackManINC

The man of steel...

"Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Way."

Not the human way, or the right way, just... the American Way.

Theres your sign.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

And what, pray tell, is enough for Superman? What does such a powerful being hope to achieve in his existence?
edit on 26-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You've got to be kiddin me.

If I sat here for an hour I could think up five to ten vague similarities between Jesus and Spongebob Squarepants.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Thanks for that update to the character. Lets see if he drags the bankers in Wall Street into the street in any upcoming issues.

I know its your avatar and I tread carefully here. My mood is iconoclastic and I can't think of a bigger Icon than the man of steel. Do you know why they called him that? When the character first came out, America was one of the worlds largest producers of steel products. The land was dotted with steel mills. Union workers in the industry were hard men, "men of steel". I think I got that right.

Did you ever find out about the glass insulators in your neighbors yard?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Astonishing.

A super hero can cause so much thought out debate.

And still be ridiculous.

Save me super jesus... you're my only hope..

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Personally I think a little historical perspective is helpful.

Superman was first brought to the masses in 1938. The character was actually "created" in 1933.

Times then weren't exactly great and I think people were captivated by the character and enjoyed the escapism he provided.

Yes, Superman was used as propaganda in the 40's (there were storylines where he took on the Nazis) and beyond.

But frankly, I don't really know about the Anti-Christ stuff here.

Now... on the other hand, you want to see a character morph into Jesus you can look at Neo in the third Matrix movie. But we have a few threads on that here on ATS already

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

And what, pray tell, is enough for Superman? What does such a powerful being hope to achieve in his existence?
edit on 26-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

To represent the whole of humanity and lead them to a better tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't trust the bibles as it was written by men who took drugs to get their visions which Satan could have been the angels of light to guide people down the wrong path. As you said that the devil can make humans believe anything. Also its been used as a scare tactic to keep people in line. My God wants me to love and understand not through a book that was written by men for greed and control. The only way to find the truth is to connect to your subconscious and that will lead you to God. The subconscious never lies if you are honest about yourself. I don't need to go to any building to connect with God as God is inside my soul. This is what I think about my God so please don't flame me saying that I meant your God. We all have a God enough to share around. Love is the key and be honest about yourself.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The guy who has made this video has not even watched the movie.

He is reading reviews about it.

Not even watched it? A Major flaw when doing an expose on a film, in my view, is when you have not even viewed the film.

cannot take someone like that seriously.

fair enough if you are weary of movies like this and messages they might be sending don't watch them but don't be stupid enough to comment on something you have not even viewed.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
The guy who has made this video has not even watched the movie.

He is reading reviews about it.

Not even watched it? A Major flaw when doing an expose on a film, in my view, is when you have not even viewed the film.

cannot take someone like that seriously.

fair enough if you are weary of movies like this and messages they might be sending don't watch them but don't be stupid enough to comment on something you have not even viewed.

Since I posted it, the onus is on me, not the video maker. I saw the movie myself, nothing he said in the video was inaccurate.
edit on 27-6-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

nothing he said in the video was inaccurate.

sorry, but this makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Pastor Mike Hoggard compares the common underlying theme of superheros from comic books to the super men described in the Bible and what the source of their power was.

Everybody loves the comics! They are as American as apple pie. Oh no! Don't tell me comic books are bad now? As always, Pastor Mike leaves it up to you to decide -- he is only presenting the information and what the Bible has to say about it.

Pastor Mike has been a Superman fan his entire life, as devoted as a Trekkie would be, but there was a time he needed to come out of the fantasy world and grow up. There are Scriptures that describe super men in the Bible and what the source of their power was. One of the keywords for the age we are living in is "deception." Paul said, let no man deceive you, by any means -- that statement includes comic book characters or works of fiction that clearly go against Biblical teaching.

This is an important topic in the light of the movie release of "Man of Steel," as even church leaders are drawing an analogy between Jesus and Superman. Going beyond the exterior of these heroes, the common theme that binds all these miracle workers together is the satanic purpose of drawing men away from the true God. Not waiting for God's divine plan, but instead taking up the humanist's endeavors to evolve man into his higher self, a "super human" with god-like abilities. Churches are actually helping to bring in the antichrist system and prepare people to accept a false Jesus. But then, who needs Jesus when you have Superman to save the day!?!

The Comic Con Part 1:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Pastor Mike Hoggard compares the common underlying theme of superheros from comic books to the super men described in the Bible and what the source of their power was.

Everybody loves the comics! They are as American as apple pie. Oh no! Don't tell me comic books are bad now? As always, Pastor Mike leaves it up to you to decide -- he is only presenting the information and what the Bible has to say about it.

Pastor Mike has been a Superman fan his entire life, as devoted as a Trekkie would be, but there was a time he needed to come out of the fantasy world and grow up. There are Scriptures that describe super men in the Bible and what the source of their power was. One of the keywords for the age we are living in is "deception." Paul said, let no man deceive you, by any means -- that statement includes comic book characters or works of fiction that clearly go against Biblical teaching.

This is an important topic in the light of the movie release of "Man of Steel," as even church leaders are drawing an analogy between Jesus and Superman. Going beyond the exterior of these heroes, the common theme that binds all these miracle workers together is the satanic purpose of drawing men away from the true God. Not waiting for God's divine plan, but instead taking up the humanist's endeavors to evolve man into his higher self, a "super human" with god-like abilities. Churches are actually helping to bring in the antichrist system and prepare people to accept a false Jesus. But then, who needs Jesus when you have Superman to save the day!?!

The Comic Con Part 1:

The Comic Con Part 2:

edit on 23-7-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The Comic Con Part 1:

The Comic Con Part 2:

edit on 23-7-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

The Comic Con Part 3:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

To represent the whole of humanity

I disagree with this part, considering he's not even human. He's never wanted any position of power in the world, nor to represent any group. The most he represents is an ideal - hope. He is an independent entity who does what he can to maintain the peace worldwide. The rest of that post, however, I agree with.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There is a Hebrew/Christian symbolism in the character of Superman, but it's not to satan. Superman, whose kryptonian name is Kal'El and in the context of the lore means "Voice of God" in Hebrew. Jor'El sent his only begotten son to earth to be the Light to men and lead them out of Darkness.

The character of Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, both jews. Some argue Superman was based on Moses, others argue he was based on Jesus but the truth is, he was based on Jesus. Moses was the 3rd child to a elder brother and sister, Aaron and Miriyam. Moses himself was an archetype of Jesus as the written Torah was the foreshadowing of things to come. Parallels are drawn from Genesis to the Gospels of who Jesus Christ is. The "Shining face of Moses" mirrored in the Transfiguration of Christ. Mt. Sinai where the Law was given, being the parallel between the Mt. of Olives when Jesus gave us Royal Law. Many of these parallels are found in the scripture.
edit on 8-8-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The name "Paul" comes from the Latin meaning "small" so could Smallville be intended to suggest a connection to the Apostle Paul? (Also, in the very first episode of Smallville, Clark Kent was put up on a cross which is an obvious allusion.) Could the "Metro" in "Metropolis" actually be intended to suggest with the Greek word "metra" which means "womb" and which is also related to the word "matrix" (aka "egg in a basket").

Superman is just a "reincarnation" of the fictional character of Christ. Spiderman is another one. The Fantastic Four are simply Earth, Air, Fire and Water. The allegory of the Bible is the same type of allegory employed by movie makers and other modern writers and which is also thought of, by some who employ it, as an "Unbreakable" code.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by swordwords

Superman is just a "reincarnation" of the fictional character of Christ.

If Christ was fictional then explain how the tomb of his apostles could be discovered in an ancient cemetary outside Bethany where one of his closest friends lived? Simon bar Jonah (Simon Peter) ossuary was discovered with Christ's Aramaic name Yeshua carved into it and a cross etched beside it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I always had a belief that Superman is God....

Not in the direct physical sense but more a long the lines of humans needing an ideal being, a goal to strive for, the ultimate being.

Just another part of the human pshyche.

Superman is just another "modern" God, created by the human mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join