It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Of Steel Exposed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Man Of Steel Exposed:

To all those who are skeptical that movies can have any influence on the public's psyche at all, many men such as Bertrand Russell said as far back as 1931 in his book titled "The Scientific Outlook" that the most important modern agent of propaganda is the cinema.

“But perhaps the most important of all the modern agents of propaganda is the cinema. Where the cinema is concerned, the technical reasons for large-scale organizations leading to almost world-wide uniformity are over-whelming. The costs of a good production are colossal, but are no less if it is exhibited seldom than if it is exhibited often and everywhere. The Germans and the Russians have their own productions, and those of the Russians are, of course, an important part of the Soviet Government’s propaganda. In the rest of the civilized world the products of Hollywood preponderate. The great majority of young people in almost all civilized countries derive their ideas of love, of honour, of the way to make money, and of the importance of good clothes, from the evenings spent in seeing what Hollywood thinks good for them. I doubt whether all the schools and churches combined have as much influence as the cinema upon the opinions of the young in regard to such intimate matters as love and marriage and money-making. The producers of Hollywood are the high-priests of a new religion. Let us be thankful for the lofty purity of their sentiments. We learn from them that sin is always punished, and virtue is always rewarded. True, the reward is rather gross, and such as a more old-fashioned virtue might not wholly appreciate. But what of that? We know from the cinema that wealth comes to the virtuous, and from real life that old So-and-so has wealth. It follows that old So-and-so is virtuous, and that the people who say he exploits his employees are slanderers and trouble-makers. The cinema therefore plays a useful part in safeguarding the rich from the envy of the poor.

It is undoubtedly an important fact in the modern world that almost all the pleasures of the poor can only be provided by men possessed of vast capital or by Governments. The reasons for this, as we have seen, are technical, but the result is that any defects in the status quo become known only to those who are willing to spend their leisure time otherwise than in amusement; these are, of course, a small minority, and from a political point of view they are at most times negligible. There is, however, a certain instability about the whole system. In the event of unsuccessful war it might break down, and the population, which had grown accustomed to amusements, might be driven by boredom into serious thought. The Russians, when deprived of vodka by war-time prohibition, made the Russian Revolution. What would Western Europeans do if deprived of their nightly drug from Hollywood? The moral of this for Western European Governments is that they must keep on good terms with America. In the American imperialism of the future it may turn out that the producers of cinemas have been the pioneers.” – Pgs. 142-143 of "The Scientific Outlook

Continuing on, there is another book titled “Propaganda: The Formation of Men’s Attitudes” by Jacques Elull, one of the premier books on the nature of propaganda. It’s like taking a full course on how propaganda worked in the past versus how it works today in the technological society of mass media communication, “education” included. Ellul says that there are two types of propaganda: integration & agitation. These two types of propaganda embrace the following areas:

1. Psychological action
2. Psychological warfare
3. Re-education and brainwashing
4. Public and Human Relations

The use of the cinema and video games would fall under the distinction of integration propaganda, or pre-propaganda (hence predictive programming), since it aims at making the masses adjust to a desired pattern of behavior, as Ellul describes it. He explains in extreme detail why Bertrand Russell believes the Cinema to be the most important modern agent of propaganda.

"Thus all modern propaganda profits from the structure of the mass, but exploits the individuals need for self-affirmation; and the two actions must be conducted jointly, simultaneously. Of course this operation is greatly facilitated by the existence of the modern mass media of communication, which have precisely this remarkable effect of reaching the whole all at once, and yet reaching each one in that crowd. Readers of the evening paper, radio listeners, movie or TV viewers certainly constitute a mass assembled at one point. These individuals are moved by the same motives, receive the same impulses and impressions, find themselves focused on the same centers of interests, experience the same feelings, have generally the same order of reactions and ideas, participate in the same myths-and all this at the same time: what we have is really a psychological, if not a biological mass. And the individuals in it are modified by this existence, even if they do not know it. Yet each one is alone-the newspaper reader, the radio listener. He therefore feels himself individually concerned as a person, as a participant. The movie spectator also is alone, though elbow to elbow with his neighbors; he still is, because of the darkness and the hypnotic attraction of the screen, perfectly alone. This is the situation of the "lonely crowd", or of isolation in the mass, which is a natural product of present-day society and which is both used and deepened by the mass media. The most favorable moment to seize a man and influence him is when he is alone in the mass: it is at this point that propaganda can be most effective.” – Pgs. 8-9

”Finally, the propagandist must use not only all of the instruments, but also different forms of propaganda, though there is a present tendency to combine them. Direct propaganda, aimed at modifying opinions and attitudes, must be preceded by propaganda that is sociological in character, slow, general, seeking to create a climate, an attitude of favorable preliminary actions. No direct propaganda can be effective without pre-propaganda, which, without direct or noticeable aggression, is limited to creating ambiguities, reducing prejudices, and spreading images, apparently without purpose. The spectator will be much more disposed to believe in the grandeur of France when he has seen a dozen films on French petroleum, railroads, or jetliners. The ground must be sociologically prepared before one can proceed to direct propaganda. Sociological propaganda can be compared to plowing, direct propaganda to sowing; you cannot do the one without doing the other first. Both techniques must be used. For sociological propaganda alone will never induce an individual to change his actions. It leaves him at the level of his everyday actions, and will not lead him to make decisions. Propaganda of the word and propaganda of the dead are complementary. Talk must correspond to something visible; the visible, active element must be explained by talk. Oral or written propaganda, which plays on opinions and sentiments, must be reinforced by propaganda of action, which produces new attitudes and thus joins the individual firmly to a certain movement. Here again, you cannot have one without the other.”- Pg.15

edit on 26-6-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Uhhhh.... what does this have to do with Man Of Steel??

You lost me... you started with one thing and went off on a completely different tangent.

I might be interested, unless you are only using the title to attract attention.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Another Superman is Satan thread? I'm sure Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster is having a good laugh over this I bet they never thought their creation would be compared to the antiChrist.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

You lost me... you started with one thing and went off on a completely different tangent.

I might be interested, unless you are only using the title to attract attention.

~Namaste

This thread is about the latest superman movie and its connection to the anti Christ. Since this is a movie, I decided to give some info on the use of cinema as a tool of propaganda for those who think it has no influence at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

~Namaste

This thread is about the latest superman movie and its connection to the anti Christ. Since this is a movie, I decided to give some info on the use of cinema as a tool of propaganda for those who think it has no influence at all.

Fair enough, but your title is very misleading. There is nothing being exposed specifically by the Man Of Steel movie, you are actually trying to expose how Hollywood uses cinema to promote propaganda. You have a valid subject for discussion, but I think you're title and presentation of it is going to put most people off very quickly.

Just my $.02.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

No, the video makes a lengthy argument in favor of the idea that Zach Snyder and all other parties involved in penning and filming Man of Steel were attempting to subliminally plant the suggestion that Superman is comparable with Jesus. Apparently, the movie was utilized as an opportunity to tell the story of Jesus and of the End Times.

Personally, I like Superman much better than I ever liked Jesus or "God".

Reason #1: He's never made a big deal out of his power. In fact, he uses his powers almost as little as he can...at least while on Earth.

Reason #2: He clearly struggles with who he is, who he can be, and who he should be. This isn't an easy conflict to resolve and he demonstrates that repeatedly. This suggests a being who is both emotional and intellectual. He's not a machine - he's a person.

Reason #3: He has never shown any willingness to control or dominate any world. For having so much power, he's an awfully shy guy.

Reason #4: He never pretends to be better than anyone else. He always respects everyone and everything, even when he's about to pound their face in. He is not cruel or arrogant in any way.

Reason #5: He always puts everyone else before himself. ALWAYS. He has died without any expectation of resurrection. More than once. Someone who is that willing to lose for everyone else's gain...yeah. I gotta respect that. So much better than cloning yourself and sending your other self to die in your place. That's something Luther would do.

edit on 26-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The red colour changed to scarlet, (the one that was associated with Jesus?) is this guy honestly think we're supposed to take him seriously? An hour of this drivel? Dear god man!

Perfect example of nutters or people portraying nutters looking for YT partner share.

Sad world we live in today... Go get a job.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

No, the video makes a lengthy argument in favor of the idea that Zach Snyder and all other parties involved in penning and filming Man of Steel were attempting to subliminally plant the suggestion that Superman is comparable with Jesus. Apparently, the movie was utilized as an opportunity to tell the story of Jesus and of the End Times.

It's a weak argument. The same argument can be made about a multitude of stories pre and post Shakespeare. The Jesus story itself was nothing new, and it falls into a number of stories long before he was popularized around the world.

Since the beginning of recorded history we have stories of love, betrayal, hate, murder, salvation, the end of times, so on and so forth.

There are only so many scenarios you can drum up with such one-dimensional beings such as ourselves.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Another Superman is Satan thread? I'm sure Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster is having a good laugh over this I bet they never thought their creation would be compared to the antiChrist.

You know something is seriously wrong whenever you have a movie studio writing sermons for Christian churches, especially when there is no outcry or heavy scrutiny about this. Like it or not, it is no accident that Superman today is being compared to Jesus Christ. Its a prime example of how good a counterfeiter Satan really is.

'Man of Steel' marketers target Christians by sending pastors prepared sermons that compare Superman to Jesus Christ

'Man of Steel' References to Jesus Christ; Warner Bros. Creates Guide Book For Pastors

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

You know something is seriously wrong whenever you have a movie studio writing sermons for Christian churches, especially when there is no outcry or heavy scrutiny about this. Like it or not, it is no accident that Superman today is being compared to Jesus Christ. Its a prime example of how good a counterfeiter Satan really is.

Or it's just WB trying to make extra money by making sure the church-going masses (read: the majority of America) buy into all the merchandise and stuff. It's a marketing strategy, a spontaneous move. I think it's brilliant, but I don't approve of it. Superman was supposed to be a stellar example of unlimited imagination - now, it's going to be specifically limited to that one example of how great a person can be. Which really doesn't apply in today's world.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The great majority of young people in almost all civilized countries derive their ideas of love, of honour, of the way to make money, and of the importance of good clothes, from the evenings spent in seeing what Hollywood thinks good for them. I doubt whether all the schools and churches combined have as much influence as the cinema upon the opinions of the young in regard to such intimate matters as love and marriage and money-making. The producers of Hollywood are the high-priests of a new religion.

Dead on. Propaganda, indoctrination, conditioning and brainwashing all through mass media. It has been tuned to a fine art today. So much so that people don't even see it.

"Its only a comic book character". In Nazi Germany, it was the Blond haired, Blue eyed, Aryan "Superman".

More BS. None of the Nazi Royal Hierarchy fit the mold.

Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Propaganda Chief understood the power of Cinema, Newspapers and (especially radio), the newest way to reach into homes as being the key to forming and molding mass opinion. It was only possible with total control over all media venues and he knew that quite well too. Heres one he made on Radio.

Goebbels speech on power of Radio in every home.

Today It is the Main Stream Media carrying the flag. TV, computers and phones are the "new radio". Goebbels would be proud.

Now all we need is a Super Hero. Or a boatload. Take your pick.

edit on 26-6-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Or it's just WB trying to make extra money by making sure the church-going masses (read: the majority of America) buy into all the merchandise and stuff. It's a marketing strategy, a spontaneous move. I think it's brilliant, but I don't approve of it. Superman was supposed to be a stellar example of unlimited imagination - now, it's going to be specifically limited to that one example of how great a person can be. Which really doesn't apply in today's world.

The "its all about money" argument is always the fall back excuse for everything. Money is often only a means to an end goal, an ulterior political motive.

now, it's going to be specifically limited to that one example of how great a person can be

So, in the case of the "man of steel", you're saying I shall have the ability to be as a god, you know, like the first lie ever sold by Satan in Eden?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I did notice some jesus imagery.

SPOILER!

The best is the one statement made by the bad guy: "Evolution always wins!" Jesus...er...Superman gets pissed and bashes heads in.

Superman standing in front of a Jesus in a red-robe on a stain-glass window. Subtle Snyder...subtle.

There are many points where everyone is told to "have faith". Of course, they do and it pays off.

I noticed the religious metaphors.

I didn't think it is a conspiracy, just cheesy Americana.
edit on 26-6-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

The great majority of young people in almost all civilized countries derive their ideas of love, of honour, of the way to make money, and of the importance of good clothes, from the evenings spent in seeing what Hollywood thinks good for them. I doubt whether all the schools and churches combined have as much influence as the cinema upon the opinions of the young in regard to such intimate matters as love and marriage and money-making. The producers of Hollywood are the high-priests of a new religion.

Dead on. Propaganda, indoctrination, conditioning, brainwashing through mass media. It has been tuned to a fine art today. So much so, that people don't even see it.

"Its only a comic book character". In Nazi Germany, it was the Blon haired Blue eyed Aryan "Superman".

More BS. None of the Nazi Royal Hierarchy fit the mold.

Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Propaganda Chief understood the power of Cinema, Newspapers and (especially radio) the newest way to reach into homes as being the key to forming mass opinion. It was only possible with total control over all media venues and he knew that quit well too. Heres one on Radio.

Goebbels speech on power of Radio in every home.

Today It is the Main Stream Media carrying the flag. TV, computers and phones are the "new radio". Goebbels would be proud.

Now all we need is a Super Hero. Or a boatload. Take your pick.

edit on 26-6-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

You are one of the few people that actually understands and appreciates what the thread is actually about, not surprisingly given the types of creatures that are responding. It seems that there are very few Christians left on this site. The entire idea of a "superman" was Nazi in origin in the first place, or should I say theosophical since this is the primary belief system that inspired the Nazi philosophy, now insultingly being compared to Jesus Christ, the creator of the universe.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I think all that comes deliciously close to idol worship...doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I swear I'm a nice guy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Personally, I like Superman much better than I ever liked Jesus or "God".

Reason #1: He's never made a big deal out of his power. In fact, he uses his powers almost as little as he can...at least while on Earth.

Reason #2: He clearly struggles with who he is, who he can be, and who he should be. This isn't an easy conflict to resolve and he demonstrates that repeatedly. This suggests a being who is both emotional and intellectual. He's not a machine - he's a person.

Reason #3: He has never shown any willingness to control or dominate any world. For having so much power, he's an awfully shy guy.

Reason #4: He never pretends to be better than anyone else. He always respects everyone and everything, even when he's about to pound their face in. He is not cruel or arrogant in any way.

Reason #5: He always puts everyone else before himself. ALWAYS. He has died without any expectation of resurrection. More than once. Someone who is that willing to lose for everyone else's gain...yeah. I gotta respect that. So much better than cloning yourself and sending your other self to die in your place. That's something Luther would do.

Thanks

I think you're neat too.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh man... I've always liked the Superman character and I've kept up with it through all of his comic book recreations. Yes, there are some things I believe the creators pulled from their beliefs while creating the character. Take his name Kal-El for instance it has the El ending which many of the angels have. I do think the last Superman Returns, which in my opinion was pretty bad, did try to make a connection to Superman with Jesus. I don't think that was the original intent of the creators. I remember from the coming attractions to that film it had his father speaking about giving his only son to save the human race. In some lame way I also think this tied in to the whole death and rebirth of Superman. That opened the flood gates for a whole bunch of characters to come back.
Sure comics were and have been used as propaganda especially during wars but I don't see any "dark" agenda behind these ideas. It's just writers trying to be clever then and now. It's their take on the character. Remember artists and authors for the comics change frequently and movies are no exception. Movies tend to stray away from the canon of the comic universe. I'll up your anti-christ theory and say they're really telling us that the angels the House of -El were really aliens.

In conclusion; sure they use any and all form of media as propaganda to alter opinion duh.. Tom and Jerry, Popeye, Bugs Bunny and the list goes on
edit on 26-6-2013 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The man of steel...

"Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Way."

Not the human way, or the right way, just... the American Way.

Theres your sign.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectiveT
Oh man... I've always liked the Superman character and I've kept up with it through all of his comic book recreations. Yes, there are some things I believe the creators pulled from their beliefs while creating the character. Take his name Kal-El for instance it has the El ending which many of the angels have. I do think the last Superman Returns, which in my opinion was pretty bad, did try to make a connection to Superman with Jesus. I don't think that was the original intent of the creators. I remember from the coming attractions to that film it had his father speaking about giving his only son to save the human race. In some lame way I also think this tied in to the whole death and rebirth of Superman. That opened the flood gates for a whole bunch of characters to come back.
Sure comics were and have been used as propaganda especially during wars but I don't see any "dark" agenda behind these ideas. It's just writers trying to be clever then and now. It's their take on the character. Remember artists and authors for the comics change frequently and movies are no exception. Movies tend to stray away from the canon of the comic universe. I'll up your anti-christ theory and say they're really telling us that the angels the House of -El were really aliens.

In conclusion; sure they use any and all form of media as propaganda to alter opinion duh.. Tom and Jerry, Popeye, Bugs Bunny and the list goes on
edit on 26-6-2013 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

The term "alien" used to mean someone not indigenous to a particular piece of land, and angels are "alien" in that sense, as they are celestial beings, meaning not indigenous to our physical realm of existence. Today the term has been automatically associated with extraterrestrials, which angels are not as this would mean they are mere biological entities from some other planet. It seems that most people, thanks again to Hollywood have forgotten the difference between extraterrestrial and celestial, the latter of which angels have always been understood to be up until today's secular world who laughably believes they are more "enlightened" than their ancestors.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join