It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, one word that sums up all the world's problems (economically anyway): FINANCIALIZATION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is it, the one word that describes what went wrong with the world's economies. It describes how investors went from investing their money in productive companies that made goods that improved people's lives to investing in financial schemes designed to make money by gambling in the market on increasingly more reckless financial instruments designed solely to skim the wealth off of the productive class.

Financialization = Inequality

There are a number of factors behind the widening canyon of economic inequality, but the primary driver is financialization. Financialization has given those with capital and access to financier expertise ways to skim great wealth from the system without creating any value whatsoever.

In other words, financialization isn't a consequence of having capital: it's the consequence of having access to unlimited credit, leverage and low-risk, low-tax skimming operations (for example, tax codes enable hedge funds to declare income as low-tax long-term capital gains).

From the financier point of view, the upper-middle class tax donkeys who keep all their investment capital in mutual funds are the marks who supply liquidity to the system. The wealthy who park money in hedge funds are marks of a higher order, as their cash enables fund managers to gamble with other people's money and then return a thin slice of the gains (if any, after fees) back to the investors.

The super-wealthy have access to lines of credit that the normal mortal can only imagine and they use this credit to gamble in the market and to skim the wealth out of the economy in order to increase their riches while making all the rest of us poorer.

The point is financialization is about leverage and skimming the existing system for immense profits. It's not about hedging legitimate industries' risks or investing in productive enterprises; it's all about skimming wealth while providing no value to the real economy or society.

The hidden toxin in financialization is the resulting concentration of wealth can buy concentrations of political power. Financialization is thus self-perpetuating: once the skimming operations generate billions of dollars in profit, it only takes a relatively small piece of these profits to buy/influence the political class. Once the politicos are in your pocket, the regulators and judiciary fall into line or are marginalized by new statutes or gutted budgets.

Financialization is the disease eating away the heart of the economy and what's left of democracy.

Of two minds

An economy infested with financialization can be recognized by these trends, all of which rob the wealth from the class that produces real products and services of value and transfers that wealth to the leach class that sucks the life out of the economy while living the high life.

The corporate change during the 1980s to make shareholder value the ultimate goal.

The deregulation of Wall Street that allowed for the creation of a vast array of new financial instruments for gambling.

Allowing private equity firm to buy companies, load them up with debt, extract enormous returns, and then kiss them goodbye.

The growth of hedge funds that suck productive wealth out of the economy.

The myriad of barely regulated world financial markets that finance the globalization of production, combined with so-called "free trade" agreements.

The increased share of all corporate profits that go to the financial sector.

The ever increasing size of too-big-to-fail banks.

The fact that many of our best students rush to Wall Street instead of careers in science, medicine or education.

In short, financialization is when making money from money becomes more important than providing real goods and services.

Alternet.org

Financialization is the sum of all the problems that brought us to the point of financial collapse in 2007 and seem to be rushing us back there at breakneck speed today.

edit on 6/25/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Take a look at the Protocols of Zion and you can see exactly the plan of Foreclosure on the world and who is doing it .
The US Military Intelligence confirmed that the Protocols were NOT a fraud in 1919 . But today you will see that the last hundred years has provided undeniable evidence to prove them to be absolutely real .

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
Take a look at the Protocols of Zion and you can see exactly the plan of Foreclosure on the world and who is doing it .
The US Military Intelligence confirmed that the Protocols were NOT a fraud in 1919 . But today you will see that the last hundred years has provided undeniable evidence to prove them to be absolutely real .

I think the thing about the protocols is that, while they have been proven to NOT be the evil plan of "worldwide Jewry" as they were sold to the public, there is no doubt that somebody is following the plan outlined in the protocols. Whether this group consists of some Jews or members of other groups and religions is irrelevant. The plan is well underway and people need to wake up to that fact if they are to have any hope of stopping it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The American Military Intelligence certified them as real and the Zionist Jews were the author . If you will actually investigate them and look at the institutions the Protocols target you will soon see that those institutions have been monopolized by Jews . Banking both the Fed and all major world banks including Gold of the world , News and media . They have been heavily involved in policy making in America in all three branches of government . I am sure they are equally involved in every country.
The web site called the Real Jew has much information on the subject . The Protocols are likely to have been inspired by the Babylonian Talmud which expresses much of the same views of the Gentile world .

The Zionist Jews have proven the Protocols to be their utterance by their actions over the last 100 years . I am afraid to say they are in complete control now and the situation is hopeless . The only thing that can go wrong now is an armed rebellion against them .Have you wondered why they want your guns so much ?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Excuse me if this is too off-topic, but I don't understand what "Zionist Jews" are?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deirdre

My best understanding is
Zionist Jews are Talmudic Jews who have endeavored unwittingly to do what Hitler was trying to do . They are pushing a Master Race of Jews . You and I the Gentile are regarded poorly . These are unwittingly bringing about the fulfilling of the Endtimes prophecy fortold through out the bible . They head the NWO and Globalist Government which are employing the Bilderbergers who are our own leaders who are selling us out to them .

Real Jews are those Jews who are following the Judean faith and are not serving the Satanic Globalist .

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

A blind person is able to see that the Jews are in every position prescribed to accomplish their evil deed . And the Protocols were proven to be real by the US Military Intelligence in 1919 . Of course the Zionist would go to any extreme to hide their plot . One only has to check out the TALMUD to see the inspiration for the Protocols .
Jews control Banking world wide , News and Media except the Internet as of yet , policy making such as the ACLU which has been attacking primarily Christian beliefs and Jesus and the preaching of the Gospel of Christ now even sticking their fingers into the church houses .
The evidence of the Zionist Jew prosecuting the plan of the Protocols of Zion is overwhelming today even if it was not in the early 19th century . That kind of circumstantial evidence would convict in court .

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Thank you, that does help some. I've heard the term thrown around a lot, especially on the internet. It is hard to buy into the idea that these people control everything. When I look around at who controls this world, I see 99% old WASP-y men with a few token women and minorities thrown in here and there. I suppose the argument could be made for shadow governments and leaders/controllers of financial institutions. Mayhaps that makes me blind, but I just don't see it right now. I will have to lurk more, I think. Thank you again for the explanation.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

A blind person is able to see that the Jews are in every position prescribed to accomplish their evil deed . And the Protocols were proven to be real by the US Military Intelligence in 1919 . Of course the Zionist would go to any extreme to hide their plot . One only has to check out the TALMUD to see the inspiration for the Protocols .
Jews control Banking world wide , News and Media except the Internet as of yet , policy making such as the ACLU which has been attacking primarily Christian beliefs and Jesus and the preaching of the Gospel of Christ now even sticking their fingers into the church houses .
The evidence of the Zionist Jew prosecuting the plan of the Protocols of Zion is overwhelming today even if it was not in the early 19th century . That kind of circumstantial evidence would convict in court .

Simon Peter,

You need to dig a little deeper. The "Jews" that are in "every position" are what used to be called "Court Jews". The Holy See uses them also as a destraction. Usuary is a sin to Catholics and many other religions but not seen the same way to Jews.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

I guess we will have to disagree on that . The Catholic church might well be used by the Zionist Jew Family who heads up the Globalist Agenda after all they keep the Vatican gold reserves . Doubt they will ever see it again .

top topics

join