It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's plane leaves Moscow, NSA leaker not seen aboard

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Man, its kinda sad to think that this is a man who is running away from one of the worlds superpowers and we all get to follow the progress on ATS.

I suspect that Rusia will be more than happy to offer him safe lodging. The smart thing to do would be to pull a Julius Assange and stay in the public spotlight. Its safer in the light.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ironically, if Russia or some other country snatched him up and brutally, ruthlessly extracted the information he has in his head, it'd not surprise me.

Which could happen, sometimes fleeing from the law will only put you in a nastier, much worse place.

Personally, I think it'd be just what he deserved.
M.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Really asinine to think every move he makes is documented and we would be allowed to know his itinerary.

Snowden is being shuttled underground via the KGB.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

That is an absolutely absurd assumption! Unless of course that was supposed to be a joke, in which case, it would still be absurd.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying Snowden stick it to the U.S.

Makes a refreshing change.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Would it be such a bad thing if Snowden ended up back on American soil with his petition for a pardon now reaching over 112,000 signatures requiring the Obama administration to address the issue? Or by charging him with espionage, their pre-emptive response?

Pardon

How would MSM and the pubic handle the situation if such a scenario played itself out would depend on the nature of perspective of what is in the best interest of the nation, itself.

Who dictates the best interest of the nation?

The President or the people?

Sentimentally, fundamentally the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many and Obama is in charge/the "fall guy" if the # hits the fan which becomes inevitable knowing a fan can reside on the ceiling. Limiting the amount one can pile such BS high. And the BS has hit the fan.

The GOVT has left the people "out in the cold" for far too long and Snowden exposure has revealed how much the GOVT values National Security compared to the Security of the Nation and those who reside with in their borders and abroad.

Technically the GOVTS have done nothing illegally wrong, its just that they, lied to the public. And in doing so helped create a world of fear in doing so with the never ending war on terror they GOVTs themselves perpetrated.

Possibly, it is time to bite the hand that has feed you BS for too long. In fact it must be done, so that you save yourself from your own deathly demise. Literally

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, they didn't want the US to blow up all the planes coming out of Russia...so it's completely logical. I'm sure he's saved a lot of lives by not being on a plane out of Moscow today.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I am just wondering if some of TPTB in Moscow are detaining Snowden in some obscure location and creatively getting from him the rest of the information he does have...that he has not revealed yet.

Have they drugged him with some kind of truth pill or something; to find out the rest of the information?

I am just saying.

Will he completely disappear in Moscow never to be seen again?

Or...am I way off base...with these theories?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ive thought from the start that all of this announcing where he was headed next was nothing but decoys.

He'll show up in a Norwegian country soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'd say he is now a guest of mother Russia!

Does anyone seriously think the Russian Secret Service aren't offering him a deal for information?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Considering he is an NSA insider, I'm sure he has a good idea how they track people. He's probably just a few steps ahead of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi darkbake

Will Hollywood make a movie about Snowden?

If so, who would they likely cast, or who should they cast to play the role?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
people need to quit underestimating this situation so much, wars have been started over less and do you really want war over some self-righteous traitor who thinks he's above the law? who probably did severe damage to current and future intelligence operations, who could very well destroy our intelligence capabilities with what he had access to. why all this praise for treason? only a fraction of what was/will be leaked(for Russian help) had anything to do with privacy issues or whatever he's getting all this praise for. it seems like everyone's been fooled by his good guy act, pretend to be for justice, expose a little info regarding their privacy mixed in, and treason becomes acceptable to people. it all seems so well planned that i bet he just used you all to gain russian and chinese attention so he could defect and hand over the more dangerous information he was planning to expose from the beginning.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Considering he is an NSA insider, I'm sure he has a good idea how they track people. He's probably just a few steps ahead of them.

With so many reporters and nosy people on board this flight. "I" would have gone in Aeroflot uniform in jump-seat in the cockpit.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's interesting that ATS posters with varying political positions from left to right are largely supporting Snowden. It seems that a poke in the eye and an upraised middle finger for the US Government (and/or their policies) has bipartisan support here.

It's refreshing to see people united against a poorly explained and articulated policy which allows the US Government to hold all the cards, and for the people to be kept in the dark and fed BS, just like mushrooms.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

The US government are the treasonous ones here. Spying on the American people speaks volumes. The government considers we the people it's enemy. I've long suspected this, but now it's confirmed.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
people need to quit underestimating this situation so much, wars have been started over less and do you really want war over some self-righteous traitor who thinks he's above the law?

You are correct. Wars have been started over less. And this could still lead to war. Although it is not Snowden's fault that this kind of corruption was and is going on - that kind of thing would have come to a head eventually in any case, through another catalyst or medium.

You are correct about this being a huge deal. But blaming the wrong person. Although it doesn't really matter, I sympathize with you, this could be a ridiculously big deal. It is not a small deal when ally nations change their tone to cold or even somewhat hostile.

People really do need to quit underestimating the situation, though.

I am open to the argument that Snowden is to blame, but I am still highly under the impression that's not true, as the people who are corrupt hold the karma in their own hands.

If they weren't hiding anything, what are they afraid of? Isn't that what we are supposed to think when it involves citizens being wire-tapped?

Sorry, I just don't think arguing that Snowden is to blame has any credibility when we are talking about a nation that is telling us to not worry about being under surveillance if we aren't doing anything wrong.

That just totally ruins the whole argument.
edit on 24-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Ive thought from the start that all of this announcing where he was headed next was nothing but decoys.

He'll show up in a Norwegian country soon.

Wow... guys check out this article.

The fact that he failed to board a Moscow-to-Havana flight on Monday following his hasty escape from Hong Kong one day prior begs the question: did the world’s most infamous whistleblower step foot on Russian soil at all?

Wikileaks and unnamed sources The government of Hong Kong never specified Snowden’s destination, only stating that he had in fact left Chinese territory for “a third country” on Sunday. The Russian government has made no official comment regarding the whistleblower either.

RT: Hide and Leak, Where is Edward Snowden?

All I have to say is. Wow.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Good for him, perhaps unless he has been "disappeared". Wouldn't go near that plane anyway, in fear of safety for other passengers as well. Especially since it's all over the media, come on they were photographing his seat!
Hopeful he's okay, perhaps just waiting it out on Ecuador's decision.
edit on 25-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adonsa
Hi darkbake

Will Hollywood make a movie about Snowden?

If so, who would they likely cast, or who should they cast to play the role?

Cheers

Just for you: Snowden Part I: Betrayal

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join