It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's plane leaves Moscow, NSA leaker not seen aboard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Snowden's plane leaves Moscow, NSA leaker not seen aboard

rt.com

Aeroflot flight SU150, leaves Moscow at 14:04 local time (11:04 GMT) and will fly through US airspace a couple of kilometers from the coast of New York on its way to Havana, reported Russian news agency Interfax, citing a source in Sheremetevo airport air traffic control. Snowden has checked in for the flight and there are two seats under his name (17A and 17C), reports the Associated Press, citing Aeroflot. The plane has finished boarding and Snowden has not been seen on board.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Edward Snowden did not make his flight out of Moscow, the question is whether that was on purpose or not... the plane is scheduled to travel through U.S. airspace, and during that time, could be forced to land.

The Ecuadorian ambassador to Russia, Piskunov, will be flying out to Havana on his way to Cuba the same flight as Snowden, and it is possible that a Wiki-leaks representative will be on the flight as well.

However, the flight has left for Cuba and Snowden was not seen boarding.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well considering he is one of some intelligence I imagine he wouldn't get on a plane that would fly through US airspace, the country he just exposed and is hunting his ass.

He should just pop up in one of these countries after sneaking there without notice.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Journalists on-board are now all tweeting photo's of his empty seat. He's done a runner.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
my guess is he may get a private jet out of Russia which goes on a different flight path that does not cross into US airspace, you know damn well the US will force the plane to land if it crosses into US airspace and Snowden is on board.

Good call from Snowdens Team!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Edward Snowden did not make his flight out of Moscow, the question is whether that was on purpose or not...

I don't think Snowden is at a place in his life where he can afford to make mistakes. He either took an earlier flight, a later one or just stayed put. Whatever the case, it planned well and planned in advance.

And that flight pattern you mentioned doesn't make any sense. Moscow and New York are both pretty high up in the northern hemisphere and flight patterns usually follow the curvature of the earth in an arc. Moscow to Havana via New York doesn't make any sense unless there's a layover, which would make even less sense if Snowden was on board.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Alternatively, he is sitting in another seat with his head shaved, or whatever, and this is a ruse to put off the US from forcing the plane to land.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Journalists on-board are now all tweeting photo's of his empty seat. He's done a runner.

Clint Eastwood will start talking to it in a minute....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Wow, thanks. That picture proves that Snowden is not, in fact, in his seat. I think he probably chose an alternate method of travel.

Aeroflot flight SU150, leaves Moscow at 14:04 local time (11:04 GMT) and will fly through US airspace a couple of kilometers from the coast of New York on its way to Havana, reported Russian news agency Interfax,

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I see what he did there , I believe the french call it Le faux switcheroo.

But still it's a smart move. Of all people he would know the measures the alphabet agencies would take to get to him, he's just taking the proper precautions.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I don't think that Mr. Snowden's whereabouts will be public for everybody including the US goons to go after him.

It sounds to predictable, my husband and I believe that he may used a different way to get off the radar or used a double to going on one direction while he is going on another

I don't think he will be that stupid as to make his itinerary that obvious if is was not for a reason.

I believe he will stay in Europe

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Where did he go? Do you think he will resurface again or be gone forever? Also, good call, Marg. Or maybe Ecuador did not grant him Asylum?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I think they underestimate the "high school dropout". That label will certainly work in his favor for the time being. I am glad to see he is smart enough to pull off a "switcheroo". I am sure it won't be the last time he needs to do so.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

That’s absurd. How in the Hell did you Extrapolate that conclusion?

See the picture of the empty seats?

That just means that he is Not sitting in either one of those.

That doesn't mean that he Didn't upgrade to first class and is sitting in a completely different part of the plane. Also, maybe he is wearing a good disguise.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

That’s absurd. How in the Hell did you Extrapolate that conclusion?

See the picture of the empty seats?

That just means that he is Not sitting in either one of those.

That doesn't mean that he Didn't upgrade to first class and is sitting in a completely different part of the plane. Also, maybe he is wearing a good disguise.

Or maybe he just went to the bathroom.

Look up different countries and their extradition policies if you want to get a clue as to where he is Darkbake.

The man isn't stupid and neither are his handlers.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
According to RT, Snowden is still at the airport.

A member of the airport’s security team told Russian news agency Itar-Tass that Snowden had not left the airport’s transit zone.

“Snowden did not leave on the Aeroflot flight to Havana and is still in the transit zone,” said the source.
rt.com

Guess we'll see if any more news gets posted about another flight. (if he really is still at the airport)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Exciting. Maybe he thought it was safer to stay in Russia for now. Is it possible to even fly there without passing US airspace or an ally that would assist in getting that plane down? Article above me says pilot could change course if he wanted. That would make pilot an accomplice and could be punished by US as well. Wonder if any commercial pilot would risk it all and do that.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob
my guess is he may get a private jet out of Russia which goes on a different flight path that does not cross into US airspace, you know damn well the US will force the plane to land if it crosses into US airspace and Snowden is on board.

Good call from Snowdens Team!

I wouldn't be surprised if the US tried to force them down even if they weren't over US airspace.

The more I see, the less I believe that our elected and appointed officials are in control of our country. I think there has been a slow and silent coup by someone at the NSA. It could have happened years ago.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well of course he isn't on that flight. He would have been absolutely insane, stupid, or both, to have published his travel plans in advance like what just came out.

He's probably either a couple of steps ahead of the itinerary he said he was on, or he is on a completely different schedule altogether.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Maybe he should have stayed in china and china then given the usa the middle finger. That is exactly what the obama administration deserves for being shills of the bilderbergers. Lets wake up and smell the coffee.

Too bad NO ONE can trust western media FOR ANYTHING so that whisteblowers don't HAVE to flee.

I hope there are many more whistleblowers in the future. We need them! The constitution does not allow for secret oaths and unlawful contracts.

The traitors are in washington, not in china. How odd is that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join