It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned in 3 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've been here since 7/12/2010, and I've learned a few things since joining:
That ATSLive is my favorite show since Art Bell left the air
I've leaned to further research theories and ideas
Wikipedia is not the all source of information (Phage knows all lol)
I HATE thread trollers
Signals has the BEST thread for a pick me up
Cody and Rodimus run a very close second for pick me up threads
Semperfortis is a damn decent guy, for a jarhead (lol)
Anyhow, that's all I can think of off the bat, might add some more thoughts later on...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I have learned a lot about the human psyche in my time here .
learned to say whats on my mind or beliefs regardless how much i get flamed or called a troll .
more often than not i find myself on the other side of the fence
it would be rather boring if everyone just agreed .

i have also learned there really is not to many good ufo footage out there anywhere .

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i still haven't checked out ats live i probably should check out with the review you gave it
love coast to coast when i ever i am working nights
edit on 21/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Nothing from/for Boncho.

For shame.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I have learnt that most people are nutjobs, (me included) many hate Gay folk and Religion is still the worse thing man ever invented
What did I want to learn? Aliens were real, people are mostly ok, the meaning of life...unfortunately learnt none of those yet.
Has ATS changed my mind about anything...yup two things USAers need guns, Nuclear war wouldn't mean we all die.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I've been here since 7/12/2010, and I've learned a few things since joining:
That ATSLive is my favorite show since Art Bell left the air
I've leaned to further research theories and ideas
Wikipedia is not the all source of information (Phage knows all lol)
I HATE thread trollers
Signals has the BEST thread for a pick me up
Cody and Rodimus run a very close second for pick me up threads
Semperfortis is a damn decent guy, for a jarhead (lol)
Anyhow, that's all I can think of off the bat, might add some more thoughts later on...

Half of the bottle of 15 year aged whisky which Cody is bringing across to France for me will be sipped in your honor dear Homer by Mr Cody and myself
(we might even create a thread whilst doing so.... Ohhh my... Mods and ladies beware... Erm... and aardvarks and gerbils!)

3 years already huh... time so does fly when one is having fun... keep it up mate...

and its RODINUS

Kindest respects

Rodinu
edit on 21-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Dont even need 15 year aged whisky to type like a run over slug do i?

edit on 21-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Another crap typo!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Nuclear war wouldn't mean we all die.

I learned that from Fallout 3

ATS has shown me that no matter how crazy something is someone will believe it .

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I have learnt that most people are nutjobs, (me included) many hate Gay folk and Religion is still the worse thing man ever invented

Gotta agree a lot with boymonkey. 9+ years here and I've learned from ATSers that most everyone is quirky or nutty (me included); everyone hates someone else or some group and those that claim to be the most tolerant usually are the worst offenders but don't know it; and organized religion is still the worst thing man ever invented.

I'll add that I've learned that the human ego is both fragile and stubborn; that people never really know the 'real' person underneath the facade that is presented to the world; that everyone is suffering in some way or other; that lots of people talk a lot but don't say much that will last through the ages(me included); that the 'tolerant' left isn't tolerant; that the 'compassionate' right isn't compassionate; and that nearly all people are naturally hypocritical and almost always refuse to acknowledge themselves as such. And most controversially ... I have learned we are all slaves to something ... slaves to a higher being (God) ... slaves to the system ... and even though we have 'free will and free choice' in small things, the BIG things are set and we can't win a fight against them.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I still think Phage is actually a profile created by an early version of Skynet, and he's just one post away from launching the missiles and sending out Terminators to finally correct us all...

Just kiddin' man, thanks for keeping it real...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Awwwwwwwwww Homer you just got me all embarrassed

Thank you for your kind words I'm flying off for weekend of debauchery with Rod in August

As Rod said we will lift a toast to your good self and then our friends on ATS

One at a time, hang on I'll just check .......................................... 284,964 members

Hey Rod this could get messy

Cody

edit on 21/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

*Puts Alka-seltzers into travel bag*

top topics

join