It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars & Earth: A Comparison of Surface Maps And Some Questions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I like how people all of a sudden become experts (to a certain extent) about Mars. I rarely post (lurk more) but everyone talks about:

-Mars has no magnetic field.
-Mars has too much of this gas.. etc

How do you know what they tell us is even true. For all you know the pictures we have of Mars (planet shots) are altered (Earth) photos. I just find it weird how they are focused on Mars and planning to send another Rover even bigger than Curiosity in the future. There must be something up there their intrigued about.

What say you guys?

Nice thread by the way.
edit on 18-6-2013 by cd5love96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
reply to post by jeep3r

I'm basically to the point of not believing pretty much anything any govt agency says. If those are the original viking photos yet "coincidentally" look very much like earth topology without water and shaded a different color, I have to say something is very off somewhere.

seems like me and you are alone amongst the masses dude. NASA are fakers
and everything they produce for public consumption is suspect in the extreme.
(conspiracy sites are gone to the dogs(tar) these days, eh?)

it seems to me they modelled the earth, later messed around with it a bit, and gave
us mars, in all its fake and borrowed glory.

NASA are liars. always have been.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cd5love96
I like how people all of a sudden become experts (to a certain extent) about Mars. I rarely post (lurk more) but everyone talks about:

How do you know what they tell us is even true. For all you know the pictures we have of Mars (planet shots) are altered (Earth) photos. I just find it weird how they are focused on Mars and planning to send another Rover even bigger than Curiosity in the future. There must be something up there their intrigued about.

What say you guys?

Nice thread by the way.

nothing has been sent to mars friend. at least not in the manner presented to us
by NASA.
MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyTurvyOne

Originally posted by cd5love96

What say you guys?

Nice thread by the way.

nothing has been sent to mars friend. at least not in the manner presented to us
by NASA.
MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax.

That we know of. Who knows what they sent up there. I personally refuse to believe that Mars is just a barren wasteland with NOTHING (artifacts, etc) on it. I will check out that thread of yours. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
reply to post by jeep3r

That is incredible. Excellent work. I don't doubt there could be humanoid civilizations at various stages of evolution as seen in the original star trek. The map work blows my mind. Hopefully someone with deep knowledge of this area has input, I'll read all replies. Thanks for this post.

Thanks for your comments, LastStarfighter! I hope we'll be able to piece it all together one day & find some good explanations for this strange coincidence(?) ...

edit on 19-6-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Ratman

Do you mean this?

Looks like a rib cage to me.

Thanks impaired for another super cool gigapan!

gigapan.com...

edit on 17-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

You're welcome, guys.

I've seen that "bubble" on the ground. It appears that it could have been the rock bubling and cooling quick? I'm not a Geologist, but I thought that's what they were saying on Unmanned Spaceflight.com.

But yeah - very interesting looking stuff around this area. I am not convinced there are living creatures on the planet, however. There are no tracks. No ecosystem on the planet. And I am not sure that bones or even fossils could survive on the Martian surface for too long before being disintegrated. Still many anomalies, though.

If you guys like Mars and the Curiosity images, I REALLY REALLY recommend you get the cheap 3D anaglyph glasses (old-school):

privateislandparty.com...

They're only $3.

That way, you can now enjoy 3D Gigapans - I've just learned to make them. You won't be sorry. Once you go 3D, I swear you will never look at a 2D image the same.

3D: gigapan.com...

Regular 2D (
): gigapan.com...

Do it! And sorry for going off topic. I don't want to make another thread.
edit on 6/19/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My daughter ( in her 40s) and I have had a theory that we have mulled over for several years. What if mars is really earth in the future, and the images we are seeing is that distant future. I can't seem to word that right. But do you get my drift?
edit on 19-6-2013 by Lindarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I hope more people see this thread and start to understand. Mars was the earth at the time. It was very seriously harmed by some very bad actions, reactions, karma. The dark hats are working for the same for earth, this cookie cutter school. A different batch of cookies out of the oven, so to speak, though many souls the same. I remember being taken off planet and not wanting to, wanting to stay with my mother and brother(s)??? My family and die with them, as a child.

OMG, feel like I've been punched in the stomach and want to cry. Hope all the people are OK, we traveled long together and were telepathic. This human is enslaved and downgraded. We interchanged many rolls. And the ones who set themselves above the people are not the people, they're just tiny tots, the people are always the people and that ones that count the most.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
In that orange photo, hope you can see the Et and Human faces, for I do. There are many spirits/entities there still.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
First post. New here. Hi. Uh-ah huh, anyway. If we look at seemingly unrelated things, such as Mars and Earth, Gaia, if you want, Terra, if you please, we are bound to find similarities. There have been noted pictures of a neuron in a human brain that eerily resemble a picture of the universe. Jesus pops up everywhere, in random things. Whether this is divine, or coincidence, it can never be proven. But, remarkable similarities exist in many things, I believe I read about a sun spot fancying it was Haiti? There's many possibilities, but three, I think, stand out. The Martian Africa and Southern America, along with the others, are simply coincidence. Nothing more, nothing less. A few posts up, someone said maybe they were tracings left on Mars to say 'hey, we were here', which I tend to like the best, although find doubtful. The third, is, these coincidences are signs form some sort of creator, a god. Think Carl Sagan's Contact. Either way you slice it, a very interesting couple of pictures. A lot to ponder.
edit on 19-6-2013 by TobinHatcher because: I'm trying to fix the font thing at the ends

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TobinHatcher

... and your very first post just got 'starred'! Welcome on ATS and thanks for your reply ... I think your three explanations are interesting. Without any further clues, though, it's difficult to say anything conclusive about it.

As mentioned earlier: we would first need to know what the reason for that dark coloring / shading could have been. First thing most of us probably think of is that they might have been elevations (land/continents) surrounded by oceans in the very remote past, but who can tell. Or they are inaccuracies of the Viking imagery, but why then in that particular shape? Or even something else we haven't accounted for?

Once this thread will have run it's course later this week, I'm planning to add some additional information I found on the web, so stay tuned.
edit on 20-6-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

That's awesome!

*grabs his 3-d glasses*

Got them from a cereal box and kept them just for stereo images from Mars

You can see right under those rocks!
Now that's impressive!

edit on 20-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think this is deep. Could have stumbled on some time of time warp, Like different timelines in space or something?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

First thing most of us probably think of is that they might have been elevations (land/continents) surrounded by oceans in the very remote past, but who can tell.
That really isn't indicated by the elevation data. On Earth, the continents are quite clearly raised above the oceans.

Here's a mosaic concentrated on the northern part of Syrtis Major (the southern part of "Africa"):

Then there is the fact that the albedo features change over time.

The planet’s most prominent dark area, the wedge-like Syrtis Major, actually changes shape with the seasons. It has classically been widest in southern midwinter, when its eastern edge has expanded well into the bright Libya region. The Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers (ALPO) reported no dramatic widening of Syrtis Major in 1984, however. By the onset of southern spring this boundary begins to retreat again. The feature is expected to become narrowest shortly after Mars’s perihelion, in October and November this year.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

edit on 6/20/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I look forward to more!reply to post by jeep3r

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Wow, so NASA has been being lazy and sending their rovers and satellites forward in time instead of heading out to Mars? Just kidding. This thread was a totally new concept.

Or perhaps both. Travelling in space and time as you go there. Which would then need to be true for communications as well. Without us directly noticing it. And it would have to work in both directions (arrival/return/future/present). I guess that would pretty much violate every law of physics we know.

Like I said: this requires making a lot of strange/absurd assumptions, so please forgive me for even mentioning the above ...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lindarm
My daughter ( in her 40s) and I have had a theory that we have mulled over for several years. What if mars is really earth in the future, and the images we are seeing is that distant future. I can't seem to word that right. But do you get my drift?

Yes, that was sort of the basic idea that came to my mind when noticing the rough resemblance. But we can almost be certain that it can't be true, I guess ... I'll definitely remain intrigued until we find some explanations for the dark spots on those images!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jeep3r

First thing most of us probably think of is that they might have been elevations (land/continents) surrounded by oceans in the very remote past, but who can tell.
That really isn't indicated by the elevation data. On Earth, the continents are quite clearly raised above the oceans.

Yep, I see the problem with that. Current height maps of the martian terrain (today) don't indicate any relation between elevations and the dark areas. Even though we should assume that IF the dark spots were once continents, they should have been clearly raised in comparision to the surroundings. I doubt there is a chance to ever find out whether this might have been the case (some millions & millions of years ago) ...

Then there is the fact that the albedo features change over time.
www.skyandtelescope.com...

I followed the link you provided and here goes another excerpt:

The dark spots and streaks on Mars are vast expanses of rock covered by fine layers of surface dust. Many are subject to seasonal windstorms that move and redistribute the dust, sometimes changing the shapes and boundaries we see.

The article is interesting. What I understood is that the top layers of dust in those albedo regions do change, probably due to winds and other erosional FX. However, it doesn't go to lengths in explaining where the core material for the general outline of those dark spots came from in the first place, they (essentially) don't seem to change dramatically over time ... apart from that, it's good to know the spots can actually be observed via telescopes from Earth.

All of the above would well explain why the basic shape of the alleged continents look clear and almost black, while the edges here and there look a bit 'feathered' with a lighter shading (--> wind affecting the top layer of dust).

I think there are still some hints & trails to follow in order to explore this phenomenon more in detail. I will post some of what I found later on. But please do let me know in case you come across anything else of interest with regards to these albedos, that's certainly worth investigating ...

edit on 21-6-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

its real strange.
If I had to explain it with a unbiased and open mind, Id say the earth and mars were created off the same production line. Earth then had the optional extras added like water, air, magnetic field. This seems to support evidence that universe is a software quantum simulation.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join