It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black monolith on mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Honestly couldn't figure out where in the other pictures the dot/monolith was supposed to be seen. So only looked at the very first on in photoshop.
I'm not gonna make any guesses to what it is. I don't see anything that indicates if the picture has been smudged. But here is a little picture I threw together to illustrate what I am talking about with the pixels.

The way the smaller pixels are bunched together in larger squares is usually a clear indicator that some kind of digital size reduction has happened. Furthermore there is some very weird pixels just around the object that are completely inconsistent with the rest of the picture. So I am either tempted to say that it was edited in later on, or that some kind of sharpening effect has been used on the picture, and since the "monolith" is so much darker than the rest of the picture, it left a clearer mark.
To those wondering what Equalized means in context with photography I'll try to give a simple explanation - It is when you take the darkest point of the picture and make it black and the lightest point in the picture and make it white to reach the largest possible range on the grey scale. This usually results in a lot more contrast, but unlike the contrast function in most programs, this allows you to equalize the greyscale and the RGB without loosing any information/pixels in the process. You might still loose some, but it is easier to avoid and usually makes for a much prettier picture.

Either way.. no clue what it is. Might just be a rock.. But I wish we could see the original picture... Honestly I thought the ones NASA posted were the originals. Now I am not so sure anymore,,
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Zooming in wouldn't help, the resolution is simply too low.

Curious that isn't it..well, not for the 1960's or 70's, but for the 21st century on a mission that cost more than $2.5 Billion, to include a maximum (stated and published) resolution of just 2mp is highly odd in my opinion.

If i were a conspiracy theorist that thought in a cynical way, It's almost as though the images destined for the public are deliberately low pixel resolution...for some reason.

According to the official version of why only 2 MP CCD's were used on Curiosity (actually less than 2 MP, as 1600 x 1200 equals only 1.92 MP) a 21st century interplanetary probe costing as much as several hospitals or schools...the answer is (apparently) that NASA engineers 'are familiar' with that particular CCD and it is quite customisable'...yeah...right.

We are to assume then that NASA engineers are unable to fathom or grasp newer, higher resolution devices, but can design, direct and land a $2.5 Billion spacecraft and probe accurately.

I suspect there is plenty to see on Mars and elsewhere in our system, that 'they', for whatever reason, don't wish the public to have access to, but sadly the images in this thread only show (IMHO) a speck of blown dirt or dust on the lens of the crappy camera.

The pixelisation around the dark area is a clue that the black object is very small and very close to the lens...equals dust IMO.

edit on 13-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by jeep3r

The pixelisation around the dark area is a clue that the black object is very small and very close to the lens...equals dust IMO.

Excellent point, that could absolutely be the case as well. Though I would still argue that the picture has been reduced in size also.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

No no no that is dust,bottom left corner doh that spec is on every pic, the objects im talking about are physical objects.
On the 2nd and 3rd pics the monolith actually looks like an erect penis.
That would put phalic worship back afair bit of time.
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i can see it but i don't know what it is. i just looks like a black dot to me
edit on 13-6-2013 by bert6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Its also in the top right of this pic, mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Im not saying its not a rock however id guess its 1 foot square and may be 12 foot tall. So help me out ATS, Can you see it and if so what is it?
Thanks mod, in this pic it looks like the martian lady on a martian segway.
i have already described where the monoliths are,you just have to zoom.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Hahahaha

That made me laugh pretty hard! Is this the monolith you are talking about?

Don't really see anything significant about it. Sorry..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thankyou very much yes that is what im on about. If you could upload the 3rd pic for me i will star every post you ever do. Please!
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What a bunch of rubbish. Few things bother me more than taking the skeptical stance on such issues, but this entire thread is a joke. I won't even attribute it to matrixing. It's just a matter of flat out seeing something because you want to. This is the type of nonsense that discredits the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

[/URL]

Is this the one you are talking about? Can't see anything in this picture.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

Whoa ,the rest of us? You speak for everyone else? Wow.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

OMG It is a monolith!! I stand corrected, Arthur C Clarke knew how did he know?...........

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

[/URL]

Is this the one you are talking about? Can't see anything in this picture.
yes very top right ,near the edge. Not as clear as the one in the link but you can see the same/or different monolith/creature. I would say its at least 12 foot tall.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thankyou very much yes that is what im on about. If you could upload the 3rd pic for me i will star every post you ever do. Please!
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: spelling
i couldnt push you to upload the 2nd pic i linked to,please kind sir. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling
if anyone is interested,the monolith in this pic is top center towards the left. Its very seeable if you zoom in a little.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg
What a bunch of rubbish. Few things bother me more than taking the skeptical stance on such issues, but this entire thread is a joke. I won't even attribute it to matrixing. It's just a matter of flat out seeing something because you want to. This is the type of nonsense that discredits the rest of us.

Give me a break dude. We've discussed the pixels and somebody said it looked like a cat. I think this thread has been pretty harmless thus far. It's not like somebody is claiming they could see earth rodents crawling about or any such thing.
Your negativity contributes with nothing - and I think that your type of nonsense is what makes ATS such a hostile place. So do me a favor and take a chill pill.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Sorry, gotta run now. But use imageshack.us - just login with facebook - upload the picture from the url - and copy the code called forum. Delete everything from the code except the part that reads [ IMG]filesname[/IMG ] or something like that.. it's pretty simple..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I dont do facebook,but thankyou very much ,your a good person.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Just wanted to point out that the black dot in these pics is something on the lens.

Those images were taken with the right mast cam and if you look at the same area with the left mast cam, the dot is not there. Also, several images before and after that image also show the exact same dot in their pictures in the exact same location of the frame (but not the terrain), indicating that it was something on the camera lens.

To show what I'm talking about, here is a link to the original picture, then one of the same area taken by the Left Mast Cam (no dot at all), then other areas where the dot shows up, but it's not on the terrain, but on the lens:

Curiostity Sol 271 Right MCam 12000E1

Curiosity Sol 271 Left MCam 12000E1

Curiosity Sol 271 Right MCam 9000E1

Curiosity Sol 271 Right MCam 11000E1

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No no no that is dust,bottom left corner doh that spec is on every pic, the objects im talking about are physical objects.
On the 2nd and 3rd pics the monolith actually looks like an erect penis.
That would put phalic worship back afair bit of time.
that hss already been stated by me

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Yeah.. I found that out. Haha.. but thanks for the correction mate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join