It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei Fears NSA Spying Programs - Could lead to internment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
George Takei Fears NSA Spying Will Lead to Something Much Worse

June 11, 2013

George Takei is hardly the only American concerned about the NSA's massive surveillance programs. But unlike most people, his fears are rooted in the memory of the government persecution he suffered firsthand in a Japanese internment camp.

"Due process is a pillar of our American justice system," the Star Trek star told Daily Intelligencer last night at the Eighth Annual Stella by Starlight Benefit Gala. "We were rounded up simply because we happened to look like the people who bombed Pearl Harbor. And we were put in prison camps with barbed wire and machine guns pointed at us. It was a horrific violation of our Constitution."

Because of that experience, Takei is particularly wary of the government's powers being abused. "We know where this can go," he said. "We have to be ever vigilant against overstepping of the fundamental ideals of our democracy."

Look at the reasoning for rounding people up back then - The threat that they could be a threat - espionage, etc... All the exact same language is being thrown around today, and we're being told the war on terror is expected to go on another 20 years while, at the same time, there are more shady programs blowing more money than ever ...

Bailout costs more than Marshall Plan, Louisiana Purchase, moonshot, S&L bailout, Korean War, New Deal, Iraq war, Vietnam war, and NASA's lifetime budget -- *combined*! (and that's a 5-year-old article)

I really think we're to the point where "fema camps" or at least some kind of mass internment infrastructure, HAS to be in place.

Look at all the other crazy massive, suspicious spy stuff we're doing, they treat everyone now as a potential threat, a potential spy, a potential terrorist, or whatever...

They don't rely on race so much any more - a lot of people still say "the camps are for the muslims" or "the camps are for the christians" or some crap - but EVERYBODY is being spied on and looked at with suspicion, and we know it's to a huge extent.

food for thought?

WWII “Enemy Alien” Program

During WWII, the US government operated an “enemy alien” program which affected nearly one million immigrants from the Italian, German and Japanese communities in the US and from Latin America. This program was separate from the internment of the 120,000 US citizens and resident immigrants of Japanese ancestry.

In the late 1930s, as turmoil in Europe and Asia escalated, the US government began to prepare for the possibility of US involvement in war. Preparations included surveillance of Japanese, German and Italian resident aliens, compiling lists of “potentially dangerous persons” and plans for internment and deportation. This was massive racial and ethnic profiling, not based on action or evidence but rather on who could potentially be dangerous.

on Executive Order 9066...
www.nps.gov...

Inevitably the government ordered mandatory mass evacuation controlled by the Army; first to assembly centers—temporary staging areas, typically at fairgrounds and racetracks—and from there to relocation centers—bleak, barbed-wire camps in the interior. Mass evacuation went forward in one locality after another up and down the coast, on short notice, with a drill sergeant's thoroughness and lack of sentimentality. As the Executive Order required, government agencies made an effort, only partially successful, to protect the property and economic interests of the people removed to the camps; but their loss of liberty brought enormous economic losses.

"The sports facilities are the detention/relocation camps..."

^ full of examples
edit on 11-6-2013 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Welcome to the police state.

edit on 11-6-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Are you surprised. Why do you think big sis is buying up all the bullets. Homeland Security, shall I say more?
Heard of the Boston Bombings, and Marshall Law in the small town of Boston, for like a WEEK(7 days)? That was in April this year.
So I guess they weren't testing the waters to see what the sheeple would do or how they would react.

Internment camps, Noooooo Wayyyyy!

If people like George just came to this realization or epiphany, heaven help them. I laugh at the statement; Could lead! How about, It IS LEADING TO Internment camps!

If the rest of you think this will never happen, ah, okay, then there is nothing to see here. Move along.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
And what would happen to those that resisted being captured and interred?
Because it is legal, justified, and right to resist being imprisoned wrongly and unfairly for a non-crime.

Or what is it everyone believes? That we are suppose to surrender and do whatever the guy with the gun says?
Screw that, put 2 in my skull and we can call it a day.
Liberty or Death.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
As many threads and years that this fear has been covered, I will say this over and over again!

People will flock to these camps! People are afraid, people are easily manipulated, and are being led to believe that the boogey-man come in all shapes and sizes and only they can protect us!

No one will be taken, there will be an alert on radio, television, and those $400 phones no one really needs that will GPS you to your nearest location "facility", and if you dont want to be nuked, burned, drowned, shot, alien abducted, or even the dreaded raptured, you will follow directions in a nice calm manner, and be instructed when you get there!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PRS395

If people like George just came to this realization or epiphany, heaven help them. I laugh at the statement; Could lead! How about, It IS LEADING TO Internment camps!

If the rest of you think this will never happen, ah, okay, then there is nothing to see here. Move along.

It already has happened on a widespread scale in a defacto nature.

The fact we have a bigger prison population than China whose population is 3x higher overall, should give pause for concern.

The fact we invade homes with ninja squads w/automatic weaponry simply over drugs or other petty non-crimes, then justify throwing them in prison for decades typically, should sound the alarm bells.

As far as I am concerned, the fact that the vast majority of our prison population are actually there for non-crimes which are technically Constitutionally protected rights proves to me we already have widespread internment camps. They are work-camp oriented as well, as expected. Slave wages etc.

I could argue convincingly that we already have defacto Internment camps, and that it has always been this way we just don't realize it fully yet.

Look in your memory, bring up what already exists. We commonly believe that black people get arrested more often than other races, simply because they are profiled. Similar special treatment paradigms exist with every ethnic group in society, and most people are conditioned to treat them differently. Example, most people are extra nice to Native Americans simply as a result of guilt that they never had anything to do with. People are harder on white males because they expect really high standards from them. Same with Chinese or Japanese, they are expected to achieve academic excellence and if they don't it's a travesty.

We are so far down the hole of hypocrisy and falsehoods that we are thinking "we are about to become a tyranny" when in reality we have been in a tyranny this entire time.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Scary video, unfortunately these types of documentaries are not shown during prime time. It's disgusting to think that our representatives sign bills that they know nothing about. They represent us. yet they're sending us down stream to who knows where?

It's criminal to think these people who run these facilities are from the general population. I understand the importance of having a job, but don't these people have a conscience?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Liberty or Death.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Liberty or Death.

Why is walking on pavement on that list?

You walkin on the sidewalk? You brainwashed dawg.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
And the drones chant "never gonna happen!" until it does (again, lest we forget the US has a long proud tradition of locking huge swaths of the population up as well as poisoning and murdering them) then they chant "we have to for the children!"

Some days morons are funny. Other days morons terrify me.

It happens over and over that every country periodically rounds certain people up for whatever reason. The US has done it more than once in its short history and will sooner or later do it again. This isnt one of those things that's done once, regretted then never done again. If it were it wouldnt keep happening.

If is never the question. Simply when. There is always a when.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Hes right its the NSA surveillance is the start of the slippery slope to Nazi Germany all over again. Technology is being used this way to enslave instead of freeing man. Mabey this was inevitable in world which grows more populated and smaller each day.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Your right Athlonsavage, what is happening to the world is caused by too much humans. But no one wants to touch that subject instead of China and India, and they should now. Goverments these days do not govern for the people, but for the big companies. We are collateral damage. What's really funny is that most of my friends don't see that and turn there eyes when I mention it. Sometimes I think hook me back in the Matrix and give me the blue pill (or was it red). If only one tenth of this is true, we are in for a rough ride.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Privacy is a myth. Everyone is always being watched by at least one 'being'

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I can see soon in the future all non-productive people being taken away and put into camps. This will make the holocaust look like practice.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Internments can happen again, Scalia warns

Feb 04, 2014

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia told law students at the University of Hawaii law school Monday that the nation's highest court was wrong to uphold the internment of Japa­nese-Americans during World War II but that he wouldn't be surprised if the court issued a similar ruling during a future conflict.

Scalia was responding to a question about the court's 1944 decision in Kore­ma­tsu v. United States, which upheld the convictions of Gordon Hira­ba­ya­shi and Fred Kore­ma­tsu for violating an order to report to an internment camp.

"Well, of course, Kore­ma­tsu was wrong. And I think we have repudiated in a later case. But you are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again," Scalia told students and faculty during a lunchtime question-and-answer session.

Scalia cited a Latin expression meaning "In times of war, the laws fall silent."

"That's what was going on — the panic about the war and the invasion of the Pacific and whatnot. That's what happens. It was wrong, but I would not be surprised to see it happen again, in time of war. It's no justification but it is the reality," he said.

Justice Antonin Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again

top topics

join