It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny or Die - The Uncivil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am not sure how to embed a video yet so I am going to provide a link in case I do it wrong. This video is a parody of what happens on Facebook everyday with political arguments among friends. I know that I have been in this situation, battling it out with relatives and friends who feel differently. I don't know if it is because I am maturing or reaching middle age but I don't remember people being this politically "involved" when I was a little younger. Perhaps we get more involved in the mechanisms that control us as we get older. Near the end there are a few F words but not too many. If this is inappropriate for the ATS websight, I apologize in advance. My husband found this online this morning and I thought it was a very funny skit. The funny thing about it, is the grain of truth that runs through it. This is my first thread and I thought I would begin with something light and humorous. Something that is hard not to like. I hope you all enjoy and get a laugh at our own expense like my husband and I did.

www.funnyordie.com...

The Uncivil War

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That was funny and oh so true. I've never tweeted or been on FaceBook but have watched all sorts of friends & family go to war over what was posted.

I recently found out about an annual reunion through a friend of mine. He told me over the phone...imagine that, actual communication.

When I arrived and asked the organizers of the event why word didn't get out, their reply was...It's been on FaceBook for a month. It was a fairly dismal turnout.

Not everybody has FaceBook.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
That was funny and oh so true. I've never tweeted or been on FaceBook but have watched all sorts of friends & family go to war over what was posted.

I recently found out about an annual reunion through a friend of mine. He told me over the phone...imagine that, actual communication.

When I arrived and asked the organizers of the event why word didn't get out, their reply was...It's been on FaceBook for a month. It was a fairly dismal turnout.

Not everybody has FaceBook.

I see that now. I kind of miss the days when people telephoned and wrote letters. I found out about my class reunion on Facebook and I wonder if anyone would have bothered to call? I have changed my phone number a couple of times, my last name and moved all since school so I'm not sure anyone could have tracked me down by phone. You friend must have already had your phone number or else it's listed? If I didn't see the message for our reunion on Facebook, I would have missed it. Not that that would be any major crisis, but it is easy to miss things posted on Facebook. The decent or smarter thing to do (if they wanted a good turn out) was try their best to get people on the telephone. In this I love the end where he says, "Maybe I'll try Twitter. How much trouble can you get in with only 140 characters?" You would be surprised! Thanks for checking out the vid.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Loveaduck

The way I found out was when my buddy asked me if I was going to be there. "Be where?" The reunion! "Hell, this is the first I heard of it."

I made the organizer go around to people and asked for their email addys, so next time the word gets out.
The irony of it is I was the one who started this annual event.

No wait....

top topics

join