It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the chicken crossed the road

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Most readers will know about this joke but I will post it here anyway. Why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side.

As I am struggling about predicting the future I would like to hear your input. It has to do with ethics. I got the communication part of animals pretty well I think even though I do not own chickens myself but am planning to have some one day.

Now suppose a rooster had a dream about his beloved hen crossing the road and getting run over. The rooster thinks about it the next day and comes up with options about warning her without letting her know for what exactly. So he tries to explain warning signs to her like traffic lights. Comparing them to the sun like they are extremely hot objects one needs to stay away from. They discuss different lights on the farm, like the one in the coop which is very modern and happens to have special lights for her eggs so those are not dangerous. He already told her in the past once when the coop was installed why her eggs kept disappearing even though there was nobody there, which is another story. But I digress.

So he tells her one day about red traffic lights, but she doesn't get it as there are no actual traffic lights on the farm so he tells her about yellow and green as well. She still doesn't appear to understand roads and why not to cross them so he goes on explaining her about how roads are like molten magma from vulcanos, only the tar doesn't come from volcanoes but from something else. Other animals then change the tar like beavers change wood. Which is not important but it is important to stay away from the roads. Except the road on the farm, ofcourse but she already knew that.

Not understanding the difference between the farm road and all the other roads, he proceeds to explain to her different signs, like a stop sign, and the white lines on the roads, which are not on the farm road so as soon as she sees a white line on a road then she should know beyond is not a farm road anymore.

After awhile the rooster has another dream. He sees the same road and the same car except the hen didn't cross the road. He still stands there all alone, waking people up like everyday, but now he has these incredible dreams about a future which never happened. The car happened to be one of those pimped out ones driving on a homemade automated system, which he finds fascinating but doesn't have anyone to talk to. If he tells her about them and other things, she might want to know more about the human world and she would not only find out what happens to her eggs but most importantly expose herself to all kinds of dangers. The rooster can handle it all as the farmer explained it to him how they will all eventually see eachother again one day in chicken heaven, he and she just have to be patient and she accepted this explanation at the time.

So if he tells her more sooner or later she would want to leave the farm and go all the way to the consumers house because that is where she would believe her children are. Even if the farmer made a deal with a pastor so the rooster could direct the hen to his house on a sunday he might get away with it, but this would also mean she would also see the entire 'logistics' system. There is also the problem of the farmer having to move his house in the future because of road construction and it is unsure whether the hen will make it to the next farm due to stress as she might not be able to lay eggs anymore. So the rooster must hurry in making up his mind about it as when it is too late she might not be able to handle what he wants to share with her.

So what should the rooster do? Prevent the possible accident from happening and prevent suffering of his beloved hen or should he explain more to her about the logistics and it all? If he doesn't tell her she will never know and never ever ask the questions once they are in heaven and he never needs to tell and explain all those events which happened outside the farm to her.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Why did the chicken die?

To get to the other side.

Crossing the road lead to this.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A chicken says to a guy where is the other side of the road and the guy says over there pointing to the other side, so the chicken crosses the road and says to a woman is this the other side of the road,
She says no its over there.
The chicken says I was just over there and a guy said it was over here.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler

Why did the chicken die?

To get to the other side.

Crossing the road lead to this.

I understand but in this case the rooster does not tell his hen but the chicken will go to chicken heaven and there would still be roads and it would still want to cross them and die. The rooster can handle it but knowing his hen will be like that forever makes it difficult for him not to tell and let it all go. It has a career with Thai cock fighting but would rather not go that way.
edit on 10/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
A chicken says to a guy where is the other side of the road and the guy says over there pointing to the other side, so the chicken crosses the road and says to a woman is this the other side of the road,
She says no its over there.
The chicken says I was just over there and a guy said it was over here.

That works on the farm but in this case the hens have explored the farm extensively and there is nothing more for them. Except for the farmer and his telephone, his tv set and computer, that provides a lot of distraction. But even then, the farmer is running out of nature documentaries and sooner or later has only human stuff to watch.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: To prove to the opossum that it could be done.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: To prove to the opossum that it could be done.

There are no opossums on the farm but there was a marsupian once (Marsupilami).

The hens collected straws on the farm and built a pile of it, then told the hen to go see her rooster because he made something for her. On top she could look through the farmers' window who was watching National Geographic, about opossums. Afterwards the hens got together in the coop and decided to ask the opossums. The bravest showed up and was lead to the road by the rooster.

The opossum turned to a roadkill. The driver did collect it and began planning a barbeque but by then the rooster woke up.

So even though brave to prove a point, it gave it's life I suppose so it was noble in that respect. Even so the opossum couldn't tell the other opossums and nobody wanted to tell the opossums what happened. The opossum eventually chose not to cross the road. Then the rooster really woke up but still has not solved his dilemma.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A chicken, a Rabbi and a Potato cross the road....

Moral of the story?

Take the subway.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Why did the chicken cross the road ? Because everyone kept calling him CHICKEN.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
A chicken, a Rabbi and a Potato cross the road....

Moral of the story?

Take the subway.

The rooster dreamt of how the farmer lost his faith in God, made dating plans with a Jewish woman and soon a Rabbi showed up with Mr Potato and he proceeded on explaining about roads, just in general at the farm. The Rabbi, the hen and Mr Potato made it to the road almost beyond the farm. Then the Rabbi produced a spud gun and showed Mr Potato how to make that first jump and that is where the rooster woke up again.

He then decided it was best to go underground and asked the farm dog to dig a little under the coop but as soon as the rooster tried to whisper to his hen inside about his dream the other hens found out and intervened. He tried telling them of the subways but then he woke up again.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

Ok then I assume that is part of the liberation scene where farms are moving away from the chicken cages and cut beaks and to chickens walking about the premesis freely and this one somehow made it past the defenses. Too late, slow and somewhat dangerous but a brave cop nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Why did the chicken cross the road ? Because everyone kept calling him CHICKEN.

No, that's a different joke I think, this one is about a hen but not a rooster. You don't go around saying roosters are like chickens suggesting they are hens and that's why they don't cross the road. When roosters do decide to cross the road, I'm sure that's going to be another joke. Maybe one of them will just fly, they have wings.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

What in the hell are you talking about? The rooster, traffic lights like the sun? And they "discuss" different lights on the farm?

And the hen didn´t get the traffic lights?

This reads like a parody!

Please reread that and put yourself in the position of "normal" reader. Or show that text to one of your friends.

That is honestly why I love this website. The human mind never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

What in the hell are you talking about? The rooster, traffic lights like the sun? And they "discuss" different lights on the farm?

It's symbolic meant to conceal something which is going to hurt somebody a lot, or not, which has to do with predicting. The classic dilemma of knowing something is going to happen because there are a lot of indications, but having to wait until it has happened because talking about it might make it happen, or speed up the process. It's about the well which gets closed off but not until after a calf decided to check it out and fell in. The farmer should have made a fence around the well so it would have prevented.

And the hen didn´t get the traffic lights?

Yes, symbolic for warning signs. In this case you get the warning sign first and then you should know. But if you still don't it's polite explaining the meaning of the other lights, when it is ok to proceed (green) or when one has to stop (yellow/orange).

This reads like a parody!

It's a classic, inspired by old McDonald and a list of movies/books.

Please reread that and put yourself in the position of "normal" reader. Or show that text to one of your friends.

That is honestly why I love this website. The human mind never ceases to amaze me.

This is the internet. It's international hence there is no such thing as a "normal" reader.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The chicken realised that the side of the road it was on was owned by Monsanto. Being a free range, organic, non GMO corn fed bird, the threat of litigation made the bird think twice.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
The chicken realised that the side of the road it was on was owned by Monsanto. Being a free range, organic, non GMO corn fed bird, the threat of litigation made the bird think twice.

No the rooster already explained all those things to the hen as the farm is gmo free. That is one of the reasons the farm has to move because sooner or later the farm will go broke because the food is too expensive compared to gmo. Besides mass producing meat ofcourse and the whole growhormone business, that is also a reason the farm has got to go. The farmer will go to some other place and leave it all behind where he will grow his own food, pure nature. But the problem remains of the rooster and his dreams.
edit on 11/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So what should the rooster do? Prevent the possible accident from happening and prevent suffering of his beloved hen or should he explain more to her about the logistics and it all? If he doesn't tell her she will never know and never ever ask the questions once they are in heaven and he never needs to tell and explain all those events which happened outside the farm to her.

He should prevent her from crossing the road.
Otherwise there was no point in seeing it.
Sometimes sugar coating it doesn't prevent it.
Tell it like you see it.
IMO

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

He should prevent her from crossing the road.

I agree, but only because she is not ready yet. She has to cross it one day, she can't remain confined on the farm for her entire existence or be oblivious to the outside world. Which worked in the past but now she has seen something and wants to know more instead of doing everything she already knows on the farm over and over again.

Otherwise there was no point in seeing it.
Sometimes sugar coating it doesn't prevent it.
Tell it like you see it.
IMO

I'm sugarcoating it so it's just too sweet to fully explore. The point is the dreams keep on going and in many the hen dies when crossing the road.

But telling how I see it, what I see is ET's coming to destroy our planet because of all the problems we created, some people have already made first contact and those problems are spreading to other planets. And with destroying I mean everything, including heavens and hells. I don't have a date yet but when it happens it'll be quick and painless. The reason I don't have a date is because the ET's I'm communicating with are still figuring out the problems, running simulations on how to destroy us including the heavens and hells. Otherwise we'll just turn into a ghost planet and then we really become a problem for other ET's. Because I am posting this, things will change rapidly and a lot has been put in motion.
edit on 11/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Quick and painless is best, I agree.

I would hate to have to cope with that kind of contact.

Perhaps they will change their minds

One can hope, and dwell on the good things.
Seems you have had a lot put on your shoulders.
The universe is far more mysterious than we know,
and for every good, there is a bad,
It is the flow,
as above so below.

Where you turn your attention is what you will experience, so perhaps you could maybe focus more on the good things in life? Because the worlds problems are far from anything you or I can fix, only we can fix ourselves, and hope it spreads.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join