It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Received A Call Back From The UT NSA DATA REC CTR After A Phone call

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This US Journalist, Douglas J. Hagmann, was involved in the exposing of the Benghazi cover-up. Anyways, he was on the phone on May 30th with another US Journalist. After they spoke for about 16 minutes, they hung up. Afterwards, the phone rang much like the call-backs that happen from time to time, but with a different ring tone. Because of this odd ring tone, he looked at the caller ID and it said, UT NSA DATA REC CTR. Then a male voice provided this message. (I think it was a recording.):

”...your notification that the Utah NSA Data Recording Center successfully captured this landline communication under file # [I was unable to copy the numbers as they were spoken quickly]. Refer to senior duty officer for access code under file #[this appeared to be a different alpha-numeric sequence].”

The author of the news story had this to say to the government in response:

Consider this a formal request to the NSA to provide the warrant if there was one for Doug Hagmann’s domestic surveillance.

Because of this Hagmann sent a notarized sworn affidavit of his transcript to his congressman and senators for further scrutiny. I will be following this story to see if there was a warrant, and if so, why

Visit this link to read the entire story, and to catch the entire contents of the notarized sworn affidavit.

How Extensive is the NSA Domestic Surveillance of U.S. Media? Is it legal?

edit on 10-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The question of its legality is rather amusing. Who dictates law? The government. What to do when that which dictates law breaks its own law?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ok folks are we seeing some unusual stuff lately or what? Anymore I just don't know what to think. Was this message a response to the AP being upset over having their communications being monitored and not being told? Will other US citizens be getting these messages in the future?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well, we allowed it to happen, we allowed the Patriot Act to happen, now we have to suffer with it

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
The question of its legality is rather amusing. Who dictates law? The government. What to do when that which dictates law breaks its own law?

That's easy.. Change the law. Which I'm sure they will attempt to do soon. If there isn't already something in the works already.

I think we're all sensing this awkward presence of exploitation here. Well, all that know of the situation... When judgement comes to take place everyone is going to be waiting for the response of Obama and maybe others.

I think my fear is.. They'll resist and nobody doing anything about it. Especially the police and military. Maybe I smell a possible coup in motion? Nah..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Could you explain to me how we allowed the patriot act to happen? As I recall 9/11 happened and then moments later George Bush was announcing it. I have found some documents online that date back before September 2001. Homeland security was already in place, everything that has happened on a national scale were already lined up and ready to go.

Just do a google search for us roadmap and watch the documents pile up. There are literally hundreds if not thousands.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well, if they are no longer a government for the people by the people, they have broken their contract, and are thus no longer legitimate. All I am going to say is, the surveillance leak could get the ball rolling on a lot of events.

I would not be surprised if it led to states seceding. Led to a series of events that led to it, not directly, necessarily.

Also, an illegitimate government could lead to other results. In Rome, when the senate wasn't doing anything / wasn't able to do anything, the Emperor came in, told them they didn't have any power anymore, which was true, and disbanded them.
edit on 10-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Exactly - they create the problem - then they whip out the solution! WOW! Those guys are really smart!

Frankenstien keeps whipping out her gun-control legislation.

Don't you think they had obozocare all written up years ago? All 2,400 pages of crap?

For anyone who still cares to think there's a difference in the repubs and the democraps.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You know I wasn't going to mention this. But some time ago, I got a call back phone call. And it gave some sort of reference number. And I noticed a strange caller ID. I had no clue what it was about. It made me stop and think for a while. And I can barely remember anything about it. But, I shrugged it off. I guess this is why I was so interested in this story. Is it coincidence? Maybe. But considering I post more crap here against the Obama admin, starting with the last election, than anyone, it now makes me wonder.

If this is truly the case, here is a message for you! You and your snooping criminal arses are going down, and that's a fact! I am not a violent person, and in fact I am a very peaceful, loving person. And the brunt of my phone calls are about my daughter, husband, mother, gardening and cats. But I can certainly see what is coming to you from others. Enjoy! I know I certainly am enjoying watching your worlds fall apart as each day goes by. But it is even going to get better. And I will be sitting here laughing my arse off. The biggest threats to yourselves and the US is yourselves. So go record your own darn phone calls.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Ever notice the beep-beep-beep on the line when you answer it? I have.

Maybe they'll develope a conscience when they realize how many people hate them - I'd use the d- word, but I'd probably have a suv show up in my driveway.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Amen!

Welcome to the administration where no one can trust themselves or even the closest person to them.

I see fireworks this July 4.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Ive experience stranger things than that.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by elouina

Amen!

Welcome to the administration where no one can trust themselves or even the closest person to them.

I see fireworks this July 4.

You know I am going to go over my incoming phone call records after work.. But I can't even remember when this happened. It definately came from some sort of data center. I thought maybe it had something to do with the company I was talking to. Although it was stranger than strange. I just could not figure out what it was about. What do you think?

Edited later to add....
Holy cow! This could be actual proof, and I would have it! Only 1 problem though. I switched phone providers. But I think it was afterwords. Could this be a smoking gun? Cheer up Elouina, you may be able to get the scoop of a lifetime! Yipee!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Happy1

Ive experience stranger things than that.

Like someone picking up the other line in your house when no one else is there? And even getting outside phone line noises at the time. Is this the kind of strange you are talking about? Deja vue perhaps?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
What the heck, I can't access my phone info! It lists my phone number, but my call data is gone.

Edited to add....
Ok I have been looking around my account. My account number is there, my customer number is there. I can browse around my TV and internet section, but once I try to access my phone info, I get the above message.

Edited to add yet another update.... I am calling verizon right now although I should be going to bed.

Ater 10 minutes of phone tree heck... All of our representaives are busy, please stay on the line... ^&*$%^$36

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
There's a simple, legal way to scupper this spying by the NSA and others.

Pick the phone up once or twice a day dial a random number, perhaps a friend who's wise to it, and just read a long list of trigger words out...nothing else, just the obvious trigger words and then hang up.

Can also write an email once or twice a day, go online and post in a forum too.

If millions did this around the world, their servers would be unable to carry on spying at the scale they are now, the resources simply wouldn't be able to cope, supercomputer or not.

They want information...i say let's GIVE them information. So much of it, it will make their cray smoke.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just an update, like anyone cares but myself. My phone service is not associated with my account and they can't fix it. They will look into this internally and it can take up to 2 days to fix. "Do you have a cell phone number you would like to register with us?" NO!!!!! I am off to bed...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Buuuuuutt but but but

Verizon is Committed to Protecting Your Privacy

Protecting our customers' privacy is an important priority at Verizon and we are committed to maintaining strong and meaningful privacy protections for customers. Our privacy policy is designed to inform you about the information we collect, how we use it, and your options with regard to that collection and use. Key elements of our full privacy policy are summarized below.

Verizon's privacy policy applies to customers of the Verizon family of companies in the United States and to visitors to Verizon websites. It does not apply to Verizon Business customers outside the United States.
Read more

Privacy Policy Summary

I was always super suspicious about all the privacy policies and the way companies and agencies shove them down our throats.
The more they emphasize it, the more they abuse it.
I guess we know better now

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
There's a simple, legal way to scupper this spying by the NSA and others.

Pick the phone up once or twice a day dial a random number, perhaps a friend who's wise to it,

If you call a friend, it's not random. It's just another link should anyone decide you're important enough to link-analyze. (No one will decide this.)

and just read a long list of trigger words out...nothing else, just the obvious trigger words and then hang up.

If your friend is overseas, this might register, and earn you a visit from LEOs who have better things to do. If it's a US-to-US call, all they'll get is the metadata and this would be a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

reply to post by HomerinNC

Could you explain to me how we allowed the patriot act to happen? As I recall 9/11 happened and then moments later George Bush was announcing it. I have found some documents online that date back before September 2001. Homeland security was already in place, everything that has happened on a national scale were already lined up and ready to go.

Just do a google search for us roadmap and watch the documents pile up. There are literally hundreds if not thousands.

I don't recall seeing millions of Americans marching on DC. I don't recall much protest at all actually, apart from a few hundred people throwing eggs at Bush's motorcade after he was given another term.

People seem to think it's always someone else's responsibility. Well, it's not. If you sat on your behind and did nothing when that was passed then you are responsible and to blame, as it every other American that did nothing.

We acted to stop May's snoopers charter here in the UK. There were protests every weekend, there were social media campaigns and there was lobbying of MP's by citizens, even just sending an email to show our disgust! It worked, and the plan had to be backed up and halted because the public backlash was too loud.

What did Americans do to try to stop the PA? Absolutely nothing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join