It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western investigative journalists are muzzled in Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Iranian regime is as innocent as any other government in the world if not more...People of Iran do not approve of everything their government does and they mostly wish for a better economy,justice and freedom,but then again who doesn't?....One thing we (Iranians) all agree on and believe is that we want to be an independent and a free country.We have had western puppets running our country for ages,and they gave us nothing except low self esteem,shame,total consumerism and absolute reliance and dependance on western countries ,much like any other puppet nation in the region...We want to have relations with all countries who respect our culture,integrity and our way of life without having a constant eye on our resources...Iranians are amongst the most peaceful nations in the world and our history confirms that fact...And yes ,some sites are filtered in Iran but ATS is not one of them for obvious reasons,and besides,almost everyone in Iran uses some form of VPN services,so we can pretty much access everything you do.....I can not tell you for sure that there are no Iranian Agents on this site but I can assure you that I am not one of them,,,or am I?,

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IRockTheBox

Death of every gay person in Iran?!...It seems like you are getting your information about Iran from Netanyahu's adviser,.....Too influenced by the MSM are we?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not surprised by it. Even the U.S. government engages in media censorship, theyre just more clever at hiding it from the masses. You probably wouldn't be surprised at how many people running our government are violating our constitutional rights without our knowledge. But as the saying goes, "it ain't illegal until you get caught".

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Iran is a relatively free country. Tourists come and go from the nation all the time. The government over there are obviously insane, that goes without saying, but the people themselves seem largely reasonable, honest and intelligent.

The west ought to back off Iran, meddling and interference in surrounding countries has proved a disaster. Why risk the same thing with Iran? Support democratic processes within Iran however we can and leave them be. Continued economic harassment and bullying of Iran can only have one result, and that's to give the hardline Iranian establishment support and legitimacy in the eyes of Iranians.

The problem is that I don't think there's any real appetite for Iran to become an example to its neighbours, to become self-reliant, democratic and powerful. People seem more driven by seeing them fail because they see the country only as an enemy.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
. Most of the world sees freedom of the press as a really weird American concept.

Much of the worlds free press pre-dates America

top topics

<< 1   >>

join