It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do masons think and how do they feel about Intelligent Design?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm very curious about this question.

I'm surprised that only one apparent Mason read and contributed to a thread I made about this idea, and it's evidence in the creation (right in front of our face), with an ill-conceived title of

Undeniable Proof of Intelligent Design..

I would like to hereby invite all Masons to read through that thread and if possible, make a contribution of some kind if you like.

Either way, tell us what you think about the idea that life on earth was made by design, and thus by the Creative Agency or GAOTU. Is it just some sort of intuitive thing with you, or like me do you pursue it as a point of research and of knowledge and epiphany..?

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Each Mason would respond to this according to their faith and belief system. I will look at it in the morning as I'm just exhausted.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I thought the premise to BE a Mason is a firm belief in a Supreme Being Creator..?

edit on 9-6-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It is but each faith doesn't have the same theory of creation.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I thought the premise to BE a Mason is a firm belief in a Supreme Being Creator..?

You see, the Creator has been known to erm, move in mysterious ways. The simplistic suggestion that the Creator just synthesized the final result of what we see as reality, within a few days, is frankly quite moronic. Belief in the Creator does not need to be aligned with that sort of notions.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Good one OP...
To Masons..
Apart from the belief in gaotu ...
Do the tools and trestle spark a intelligent design and belief?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The political rhetoric behind "Intelligent Design" renders it useless. I believe that all was created by a Supreme Being; ID tries to shoehorn all 'appropriate' religious belief into a narrowly-defined Judeo-Christian interpretation. IMHO, ID is more a tool of divisiveness than inclusiveness

Fitz

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You need to review the thread I linked to in the OP.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio
Good one OP...
To Masons..
Apart from the belief in gaotu ...
Do the tools and trestle spark a intelligent design and belief?

That can't talk about it, lest the info gets shared with the profane..

It's all about intelligent design, that's what the generative principal is all about, that it points to a super-infinite-intelligent creator who created the world to include mankind with intent and by design (sacred geometry).

When a man comes to understand that he really is a true child of God, the whole framework and perspective is altered. Surely that's the intent of the rituals, to bring about that realization, and bring the man into a co-creative partnership with God, as intended by God.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You need to review the thread I linked to in the OP.

OK, I oblige. I observe two things:

a) you start this thread with an immediate link to YOUR OWN OTHER THREAD on the same topic, which for all intents and purposes is shameless spam.

b) upon review, I do believe that this reply in YOUR OTHER thread sums it up nicely:

How about you write a short summary - in your own words - about the big claim you make in your thread title, instead of copy pasting incoherent new-age gibberish off random internet sites.

Of course then you object to this cr@p being called "New Age" - which is hilarious because the source you are quoting there (which is again yourself, coincidentally) is called "New Age Man". And of course that source is a HUGE cross-post from a different thread again, on a similar topic. By now you are making a circular reference to yourself. Spammity spam. Or a Big Lie?

I don't know whether spamming in you DNA is due to Intelligent Design or a strange quirk of Evolution, but in your words, "the proof is undeniable".

edit on 10-6-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have always believed the design has been accomplished

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
I have always believed the design has been accomplished

What is that supposed to mean

edit on 10-6-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I am not a Mason, though I know some. I never pry into their "stuff" since it is rude to intend to provoke a break in vows. I will say this However, they are great conversationalists when it comes to all things universe and "God".

I find that their personal ethos is something they intensely develop for all the right reasons. In that we are all similar when it comes to questions like the one in the OP.

Basically belief is the power of creation and will/ faith is the vehicle /fuel of the process. In a cabalistic interpretation of all there is to perceive in the universe, we as creation ourselves are privy to see and understand the process that makes us as well as our reality. Beyond that to take part in it in our rightful place. We are focal points of that energy and intent and as such are not apart from "yielding" it.

In that perfect symbiosis of creation making itself and that creation being both the Creator and the created we use our own will (intelligence) to design our reality.

Many people go insane by jumping the gun as it were when they seek to realize this and in so doing disassociate themselves with reality itself. This madness is an island and its loneliness is one major root of evil.

All the greatest and most vile egos made the mistake of realizing that reality is truly relative to the eyes that perceive it but failed to see reality through that eye of absolute perspective. They know they are a mold of sorts when it comes to creating but at some point fear breaking that mold so as to yield different combinations of their components so as to truly create.

Like a mother scared to die at child birth aborting the fruit of her spiritual womb.

We are creation and so must yield to the Creator. You are the Creator, BUT only when WE are the Creator.

All else is the ego fearing death and using yet another farce to fool itself into false "life"

Creation is life. It is not made to sustain the Creator but rather is a gift by the I AM that gives life so as to perpetuate all.

That is the design of the circle we form part of.
we realize this so as to give ourselves to creation. God gives himself so that creation can live.

Any part of God we form part of must serve that purpose to be called "God".
Even then, that's just a name we give the nameless we know we can't begin fathom.

edit on 10-6-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The info I've presented and am continuing to offer in that thread on Intelligent Design ought to be of immense interest to Masons, or so I thought..

Edit: Is it the Jesus in my avatar, that's presenting an open and honest and inquisitive inquiry, I wonder.. I sure hope not, because of the Genius and triumph and joy and laughter it's intended to convey, nothing more.

Although he was working to a fixed schedule, then that would really be something rather marvelous to think about as well, in terms of what it also says about the brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of God. Something very loving and generous that's for sure, where it's all about and has always been all about "us" as "we", as intended from the very beginning of time even from "before the very foundation of the world".

edit on 10-6-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The info I've presented and am continuing to offer in that thread on Intelligent Design ought to be of immense interest to Masons, or so I thought..

What you imply can only mean one of two things:

a) you assume that Masons can't use Google to dig up all sorts of bizarre New Age Theories
b) they can use Google but they think all this New Age stuff is too dumb and at the very least unsophisticated for Masons anyway.

Can't tell which is the case.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You're making a rather large assumption conflating my stagename here along with the ideas I've been presenting, that's not fair (and it doesn't even mean what you take it to mean), and it's so presumptuous and biased, like calling me names for no reason at all, which is absurd.

Are you a Mason? Just curious..

edit on 10-6-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

The simplistic suggestion that the Creator just synthesized the final result of what we see as reality, within a few days, is frankly quite moronic. Belief in the Creator does not need to be aligned with that sort of notions.

I never implied that at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Since this topic is so much a matter of opinion, I shall not present a standard argument here, but rather will present an 'out of the box' theory that will hopefully provoke thought (based on some ancient teachings from a Time before Jesus came.)

In the beginning, all that existed was God.

In order to create something that was not God, He would have had to separate himself from his Creation, and while He was in all of Creation, He was not all of creation. Some of the ancients believed that God wanted to see himself "from the outside" so he fashioned parts of himself in his likeness - all of the creation.

The rocks, the plants, the dinosaurs, human beings, the suns and stars, the animals, were all in God's image, thereby enabling Him to see His likeness "from the outside" in all of His creation. As time goes by, God creates more and more facets of his likeness (which to date requires an entire universe). The Bible says humans were created in God's likeness. It never says that everything else isn't too!

We, as humans are just too arrogant, thinking that we are the only ones fashioned in His likeness. All of creation is in his likeness. Evolution is creation, but just allowing The Almighty to examine different facets of himself from the outside at different times.

Evolution is creation over time. Time is man made. God, being infinite, does not follow the rules of time like we do. Why then, is the time of the creation such an issue to men. Animals (dinosaurs ) were there before man in Genesis too, no? Does the bible specify HOW God created things? Have you ever considered that perhaps God did not click His fingers to make trees and plants, but instead commanded the earth to produce them. The precise methods of his creation are not described.

In answer to your question, What do Masons think of the creation - we are fully aware that we cannot know the whole nature of God nor how He thinks, but we are charged to think about it, examine all possibilities, and make a conclusion - each Mason for himself - which will ultimately affect that Mason's behavior in a good way and make thereby make a positive change in the world. And, since all the world may just be in his likeness, making a positive change in the world is the best way to Glorify God.

edit on 11/6/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What I think? Im tired of Atheists and Christians peddling the same polarizations over and over even though Intelligent Design and Evolution are easily compatible. I`m also tired of secular-leftists and fundamentalist-right-wingers continually forcing their views into the public arena. Keep your wars private, we don't need them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join