It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Answer One Question. "Why"?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by sacgamer25

Their "need" is a false sense of need imposed by others though, and that false need blinds them to the truth. In reality, they do not need sacrifice at all, they just think/believe they do.

Yes, I know but they have to take one step at a time. I do agree with you.

I was that one who needed that before I could "see" that I didn't. Hopefully someday we will teach our children the truth and they will never "need" it again.
edit on 12-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by Cuervo

I have been reading the threads on this site for quite a while now, and I don't recall ever hearing a Christian tell anyone that they were going to Hell. My memory isn't quite what it used to be though, maybe you could show us what you're talking about?

It is the same implication that the bible is full of contradictions and when you ask to be shown the contradictions they never produce them, that is because they are just parroting what they have been told.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

reply to post by Cuervo

I have been reading the threads on this site for quite a while now, and I don't recall ever hearing a Christian tell anyone that they were going to Hell. My memory isn't quite what it used to be though, maybe you could show us what you're talking about?

It is the same implication that the bible is full of contradictions and when you ask to be shown the contradictions they never produce them, that is because they are just parroting what they have been told.

I never accuse the bible of having contradictions. However, I think it's even sillier to think there isn't any. I don't know why nobody has been able to give you any.

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one. JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

There are tons of these. I never harp on Christians about them because I don't think it even matters. Unless, of course, one tries to insist that the bible is infallible and without contradiction. Actually, I've never met a Christian naive enough to claim that. It's like saying the world is only 6,000 years old. Yeah, it's stupid to believe it and Christians are made fun of because of it but I've never met one that actually believed it.

So yes. Contradictions everywhere. Does it make Christianity invalid as a religion? No.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

reply to post by Cuervo

Dear guitarplayer,

Please tell me what hell is. What do you imagine it as? We have an image of hell as a place where we are tormented and intentionally harmed, what if it is not? What if hell is a choice, a choice to be our own God? A choice to be alone for eternity, to pick our existence? What if you actually have free will and get to pick your eternity? You may see contradictions where there are none; but, were taught by people who really did not understand what the bible does say.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I never accuse the bible of having contradictions. However, I think it's even sillier to think there isn't any. I don't know why nobody has been able to give you any.

None of the "contradictions" change the message.

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

God is both a warrior and a peacemaker.

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Yes, Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary. However, the Jews still believe that Joseph is Jesus' biological father, when he is not. The time has not come for the Jews to recognize who Jesus is yet.

MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

In my opinion, whoever saw the tomb empty was not important to the message. What was important to the message is that Jesus' disciples all saw Jesus in his resurrected body and and saw him appear and disappear at will.

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one. JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus and his Father were one in Spirit. However, Jesus did refer to his Father as being greater than himself while he was here in the physical. The Spirit will always trump the physical. It's like using the term, "my higher self".

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Cuervo

None of the "contradictions" change the message.

That was my point. There are inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible but they are of no consequence. The only reason I would ever bring them up is if somebody is claiming there aren't any and saying that it's proof of something.

There are and it doesn't matter. That's what I said at the bottom of the post you quoted. There are all kinds of inconsistencies in the religious texts I study for my own spirituality but I don't claim that they are the "infallible word of god" and most Christians I know don't even claim that of the bible any more. It doesn't have to be "infallible" in order to be important or holy.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I know what you meant, I just felt the need to explain those scriptures for anyone else who wasn't familiar with them and their meaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join