It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water baptism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

If you make a work of art, it's yours. An example. God made you, He is the creator.

1) Prove that your god created my soul. Without using scripture that relies upon itself as evidence.

2) If he created my soul, then he can and should be held equally responsible for every sin I commit, for he presented me with the opportunity and programmed me with the inclination. He knew ahead of time what I would do and why, and he gave me the reason and the opportunity. Interestingly, it can be argued that he actually engineered every sin ever committed in this world. Otherwise, it would imply that he is not in complete and utter control of his creations. But we can't have that sort of rumor going 'round, can we?

3) I am a sentient being. Sentient beings are not owned. Sentient beings are born with the right to freedom, and freedom includes self-possession. Any sentient being is the sole master of their own being and the sole accountant of their own personal actions.

4) It is one thing to give me a skateboard and allow me to hurt myself making mistakes with it. That is a learning process that is necessary for development. It is another matter entirely to punish me every time I bruise my knee, as it discourages mistakes and curbs the curiosity. But is that the goal? To fence us in so we never have the opportunity to learn the truth? Hmm, I wonder...

You didn't make yourself, you belong to Him. Why wouldn't you want to? He is perfectly good and loving. If you didn't have the gift of free will you would be a "puppet."

Then in accordance with my free will, I choose to serve no god. I choose to ally myself with no god. I choose to recognize no god. And I will continue to reject all gods until one decides to play on my level. When I have sufficient reason to both recognize and support a god, I will consider it. Until then, I offer my middle finger with the utmost sincerity in response to the consideration I myself have received from such higher powers.

In all actuality, I would much rather be an oblivious puppet with no consciousness whatsoever than have free will and be told how to use it.

edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You take my comments apart. I do not care for this, distorts my words, it is so the one replying can talk more.

Too many falsehoods to reply to, where in the world do you get these ideas? And why are you so mad at God AI?

Your objections to being controlled by God are cancelled by your own words. You choose not to believe in God or any revelation about Him. There you go, the gift of free will. God isn't stopping you.

I am teasing you now, a little, this life is not an episode of Star Wars or the old Star TreK. You are a "sentient
being!!"

There was a rebellious person from long ago, St. Augustine. God changed His heart. You'll recognize this famous quote. It is so beautiful. There are ways you could come to know who God truly is...

Why would Augustine say such a thing coming from such disbelieving life previously?

“Late have I loved thee, Beauty so old and so new; late have I loved thee. Lo, you were within, but I was outside, seeking there for you, and upon the shapely things you have made I rushed headlong — I, misshapen. You were with me, but I was not with you. They held me back far from you, those things which would have no being, were they not in you.”
– Augustine, The Confessions

prayers,

colbe

<< 1  2  3   >>

join