It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama appoints Susan Rice as National Security Advisor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Disgusting.........That's about all I can say about this.

Obama and his whole gang of thugs should be run out of office and lynched. This woman lied under oath about the death of not only our ambassador but our military men that tried to defend our consulate and now she gets a promotion?

I really can't say anymore about this, if I do say how I really feel the black SUV's would be at my place by days end.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
People will actually live and die, in part, by the advice this woman dispenses and based on her judgement.

You nailed it. Exactly. And her judgement to date has been less then stellar. Not to mention the fact that she's totally untrustworthy. The question all Americans should ask themselves .. why did Obama make room for her and promote her to this position? Answer .. it wasn't because of 'hope and change and transparency'.

He treats Eric Holder the same way. Keeps him around. Talks him up.
What is it about these people? Good soldiers? Yes men/women?
hmmm ....
They are lousy liars. We the People can see right through them.
So WHY keep them around and promote them ....

In all fairness to the President, you don't know the advice these people are giving Obama. For all we know they may be laying out all the information and its the President making the decisions on how to act on it.

I think people like Holder are totally incompetent but that's just my guess....we don't know what the extent of his roll is.

After Obama leaves office and we historians get access to his records we can't be sure to what extent these people affected policy.

Its like JFK....we had no idea the role Robert played in advising the President until much later.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Maybe this has something to do with it...

Unlike Mr. Donilon, Ms. Rice is known for her outspoken views on human rights and other issues. She advocated the NATO-led military intervention in Libya, for example. That raises a question of how she will approach the job of national security adviser, which has traditionally functioned as a broker among competing agencies.

Do we really need to question how she's going to approach the job? History on Benghazi has proven itself.

Mr. Donilon has said his model was Brent Scowcroft, the influential adviser to President George H.W. Bush. A tireless student of the bureaucratic process, Mr. Donilon favors exhaustive preparation over seat-of-the-pants advice. He prided himself on delivering a daily briefing to Mr. Obama more than 800 times – scheduling overseas trips on weekends to avoid missing that ritual.

This must be where Donilon and Rice differ. She obviously prefers to give "seat-of-the-pants" advice given to her by the Obama administration.

In the last year, with Republicans accusing him of being responsible for national security leaks – which the White House has denied – Mr. Donilon has steered clear of reporters.

Better to get rid of him now and send him out of the country with his wife before they trace it directly back to Obama.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Now I did a little looking here..and goodness.. She does at least have some background. I'm afraid, it's done nothing but make me feel worse.

Rice attended National Cathedral School, a prep academy in Washington, D.C. She excelled in academics, becoming her class valedictorian, and showed her aptitude in the politic realm as president of the student council. She also loved athletics, competing in three different sports, and became a star point guard on the basketball team.

Who can argue with qualifications like that? Student Coucil President!

Knowing Obama, he probably picked her for the pure fact that she plays basketball!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Now I did a little looking here..and goodness.. She does at least have some background. I'm afraid, it's done nothing but make me feel worse.

Rice attended National Cathedral School, a prep academy in Washington, D.C. She excelled in academics, becoming her class valedictorian, and showed her aptitude in the politic realm as president of the student council. She also loved athletics, competing in three different sports, and became a star point guard on the basketball team.

Who can argue with qualifications like that? Student Coucil President!

Knowing Obama, he probably picked her for the pure fact that she plays basketball!

Well the President is allowed to pick anyone he wants for this job as well as for the National Security Council, with a couple exceptions.

They do not need to be the smartest, only people the President trusts for advice.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

In the last year, with Republicans accusing him of being responsible for national security leaks – which the White House has denied – Mr. Donilon has steered clear of reporters.

www.nytimes.com...

ahhhhh ... the plot thickens. Obama had to reward Rice for being such a good servant and telling lie after lie to the press .... and he may have had to remove the current National Security Advisor in an effort to obscure a possible investigation into security leaks by him.

Excellent information Deetermined.
That certainly turns the heat up on this a notch.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

This Administration has a "Seat of the Pants" style written all over it. And they are very thin skinned when others are pointing out their flaws.

I cannot wait to see how they all react once a new administration takes over. I bet Obama will be bad mouthing his successor every chance he gets. Regardless of party. That's just what he does and is good at.

But never criticize him...That’s going too far. You don’t understand, or are too stupid and probably racist to boot.

It's going to be a looooong three and a half years.
edit on 5-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
He might like her for the same reason he likes Holder. He owns Holder like a personal pet Poodle. Holder was on the hot seat and facing a grilling like a steak on a BBQ when Obama threw him a security blankie that would make Linus on the Peanuts green with envy. Executive Privilege made the whole Fast & Furious scandal vanish like a fart in the wind ...with just as much stink to it.

In that action, he bought himself an Attorney General in every way.

Rice? Well, he's covered for her lies to the world and American public repeatedly and sheltered her from serious harm out of it. As a direct executive adviser to the President, I believe she now comes under Privilege protections in a way much clearer than even Holder could have.

In this action, he may well have bought himself an NSA.

Who else does he own in the old school Chicago style? Hmmm.....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It would be different if we voted for people who have the capacity to influence the President's decisions.

We don't even get that information and we OWN the damn government...

Well, in theory if we lived in the world of magic rainbows and fairies

The definition of Democracy should be changed if we keep allowing things like this to repeat themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Well don't forget that Holder and Rice are probably acting on direct orders from the President. I can only recall a few instances where people close to the President went rogue and acted on their own.

He more than likely told them to behave the way they have.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
While this isn't very surprising, I might be more concerned with who is being named Rice's replacement at the UN..

en.wikipedia.org...

YMMV

edit on Wed, 05 Jun 2013 09:11:17 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ah jeeeze ... now I"m really going to hurl.
I think you have stumbled upon a subject worthy of it's own thread.
Man .... it just gets deeper and deeper ... doesn't it??

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Deetermined

This Administration has a "Seat of the Pants" style written all over it.

Good then they will be well prepared when the people of this country have enough of their lies and treasonous acts and we throw them out on their a$$es.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Well don't forget that Holder and Rice are probably acting on direct orders from the President. I can only recall a few instances where people close to the President went rogue and acted on their own.

He more than likely told them to behave the way they have.

Oh, 100% agreed on that. Obama may be fund raising and campaigning for this or that FAR more than he's working as President on the nation's business ...but he's no fool and he's obviously not the warm and forgiving sort. I imagine people in his administration don't do much with possible political consequence without clearing it up toward the boss first. Lest the Boss come and cut their little heads off when it blows up as a surprise to him, personally.

The problem is...like with Reagan...knowing it and proving it are probably two things which will never overlap. Did Iran/Contra happen without Reagan's knowledge?
(psst.. I got a bridge to sell ya..it's a deal! Really!)

Still... Since every President has a stable of people willing to fall for them...Obama was never in danger but the little people below him should fry for what they do wrong, just as Reagan's people did when they were busted in the open for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
CNN - Obamas National Security Advisor Resigns - Rice to Step In

Susan Rice, United States ambassador to the United Nations, will replace Tom Donilon as President Barack Obama's national security adviser, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Looks like she's getting paid off for her 'lie to the USA about Benghazi' tour of the talk shows.
She doesn't need senate confirmation. (good thing for her .. bad for the USA)

So this woman who was the good soldier for the 'most transparent administration in history' ( :shk: ) and lied to the American people over and over about Benghazi, is now our National Security Advisor. I'm sure we will all sleep better at night knowing she's in DC advising the administration on National Security matters. (Major sarcasm)

Honestly, this isn't no surprise to me. He has turned his back on so many people already it is ridiculous. I think when he was campaigning in his first term, the hope and change slogo should of been, "Hope for a dollar's worth to be a penny in change."
Don't forget about the rest of Obama's minions out there like Mayor Bloomberg, Governor O'Malley (D-MD) , Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ), Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD), Senator Mikulski (D-MD), Attorney General Eric Holder, House Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), and plenty of others. Oh by the way, I must tell you, "don't condemn the gangbangers! They've got guns that are trafficked, that aren't enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws." - US Rep. Sheila Jackson (D-TX)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Like I always say, the trash and corruption in our political system gets to be recycle over and over again until their careers goes back to the same corporate interests they came from.

That is a clear example of who is really in charge of our nation.

let see her background.

Secretary of State Candidate Has a Major Financial Stake in Canadian Tar Sands

Susan Rice, the candidate believed to be favored by President Obama to become the next Secretary of State, holds significant investments in more than a dozen Canadian oil companies and banks that would stand to benefit from expansion of the North American tar sands industry and construction of the proposed $7 billion Keystone XL pipeline. If confirmed by the Senate, one of Rice’s first duties likely would be consideration, and potentially approval, of the controversial mega-project.

Her biggest financial contributors and the ones that really pushed into that position by affiliation is the big oil companies.

So she is nothing than a an oil lobbyist dress now as a National Security Advisor

That is life in our political front, for the people and by the people.

Beyond that, according to financial disclosure reports, about a third of Rice’s personal net worth is tied up in oil producers, pipeline operators, and related energy industries north of the 49th parallel -- including companies with poor environmental and safety records on both U.S. and Canadian soil. Rice and her husband own at least $1.25 million worth of stock in four of Canada’s eight leading oil producers, as ranked by Forbes magazine. That includes Enbridge, which spilled more than a million gallons of toxic bitumen into Michigan’s Kalamazoo River in 2010 -- the largest inland oil spill in U.S. history.

It pays to be a corporate whore in Washington this days

And this no limited to her along her husband also have a shaddy record with a very irresposible company in Canada

it is very sad that in America politics no longer honesty and integrity is a requirement to be in politics this days, the more corrupted you are the better for the private interest running the nation, actually you become one of the best candidates and will become wealthy beyond dreams

www.onearth.org...

This one and her husband ARE DIRTY

edit on 5-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Sorry for my post Wrabbit I just noticed that your posted most of the information I just did, I guess this happens when I didn't read better before posting.

But this only prove that what we got in politics is nothing but corruption and big interest.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Samantha Powers is not qualified to hold any position in Government.

Her own resume points this out in two words.

Lawyer and Activist.

Combime those two with Gov't and you've got a soup sandwich on your hands.

Wait a second, I just described the current Admin didn't I?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

For me, it's easy to get riled up, but if we take a step back, review recent history, the ideas proposed with the Hope & Change election of 08, here's a decent article from the time period LINK , understand the overall pulse of the country, taken in context with those YT videos I linked in my previous, and I can see that folks wanted to move in that direction.

However, we now are a full term on, and we can see some of the results of this administration pushing forth what was proposed in 08.

Sudan would be closest to being successful, Iraq, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and the current Syrian situation in my opinion the results fall way short of their ideological goal.

Do folks in those regions now look at the US as a friend? Are the folks there in better conditions? I personally don't see it, I see a region in chaos, and that isn't good for the world at whole let alone the poor folks having to live in the aftermath.

It's as if this administration, will continue down that ideological path despite the poor results. Maybe time will prove them right, but at what cost?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Obama is a domestic President, not really a foreign one.

He has never had much of a goal for changing the world stage as say Bush did. He deals with what he has to but does not have an overall agenda on the international scene.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join