It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people drink beer?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Beer snobs will hate me for this, but to hell with it.

Another good beer that's not too strong tasting, but doesn't have the watered down piss taste that Bud Light has is Killians Irish Red. You can find it in most liquor stores and grocery stores in the U.S. and it's a pretty good tasting beer.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Personally, I enjoy drinking a nice cold beer with my mates on a sunny day, after we have all helped each other get our gardens ready, helped setting up a new kitchen or simply just a single cold beer after a hard weeks work with my co-workers..

Its a social thing, its not about getting drunk, its not about the beer itself, its all about taking a few minutes off your feet and just enjoy a cold and well deserved beer..

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just wanted everyone to know that when I get home from work today in about 1hour... I will crack a beer and think of all of you....

Because.... BEER IS GOOD AND STUFF~

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

Drinking a cold one while working on the car with some friends is usually a good time as well. I remember a crate engine advertisement that advertised it as the 4 hours and a six pack swap.

Having a few cold brews with the buddies is always a good time, whether you're working on some project, fishing, camping, or just watching the game on tv.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It is possible that civilization actually began after man discovered how to make beer.

My current favorite brew is Stella Artois. It's been made since 1368 AD.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Why do people drink beer you ask.............well the answer is simple............because they can. Remember the song I Like Beer ...it makes me a jolly good fellow. Well it made me a mean fellow, that's why I don't drink it anymore.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm one that generally doesn't like the taste of beer. However, I have tried some that were far better than others.

I'm really more of a hard liquor guy, if I'm going to drink.

What's up my friend? Yeah, for all my beer talk in this thread I actually don't drink a lot of beer like I did when I was younger. I mean, as a teenager I could go to the beach or a party and kill a 12 pack, but later on in my mid 20's there was a time when I would drink around 4 beers a night. Usually it was a pale ale, and I noticed that I was starting to get a serious beer gut. I was working out a lot too, but my belly looked different than the rest of me. So eventually I switched to the hard stuff like you.

These days I might have 3 beers in an entire week, sometimes maybe only one. I don't drink beer to get drunk, I am one of those people who drinks it for the taste. That was not the case when I was younger in my teens though.

I am pretty much a Vodka guy, So all this time I thought Vodka had less calories than beer. Actually Vodka has 228 calories every 100g serving. Beer has about 42 calories every 100g serving. Now they must be talking about a Budweiser or Coors. I doubt that a Pale Ale has less than Vodka, but there are so many different types of beers made these days that I have no idea how they pick a number.

Oh, Vodka and Beer also contains Vitamin B. Didn't know that either. ~$heopleNation

Nutritional Value of Vodka & Beer

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Another good beer that's not too strong tasting, but doesn't have the watered down piss taste that Bud Light has is Killians Irish Red. You can find it in most liquor stores and grocery stores in the U.S. and it's a pretty good tasting beer.

Yeah I have tried it, not too bad. If you like Fruit beers, Samuel Adams cherry wheat is a great beer. Hard to find though. I don't care for fruit flavored beer, but I like this one a lot. ~$heopleNation

Cherry Wheat

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Goose Island IPA has a nice grapefruit after taste.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
It is possible that civilization actually began after man discovered how to make beer.

My current favorite brew is Stella Artois. It's been made since 1368 AD.
my fave is becks,but a stella or grolsch will do just fine,8 to 12 a night gets me in the zone to jam on my piano.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I never did like the taste of beer either, but I kept on drinking it and finally after about twenty years it started to taste real good. Now, I don't drink anything else. Water is too nasty to drink now.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I used to ask the same question. Then I gave myself the challenge of drinking it until I liked it. I sat down with a buddy and a case of beer... 5 years later beer is my favorite drink of all time. I recommend you do the same.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I have only read your opening post.
Beer goes great with pizza,burgers and fries,fish and fries,potato chips,
cheese and crackers...
Beer has some medicinal qualities as well,beer keeps your kidneys flushed
out.

I don't drink much beer,just once in awhile,I prefer to drink whiskey and brandy.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I drink beer for the flavor and relaxing mood it puts me in.

Dos XX and Stella are my favorites.

Dos XX with a lime wedge squeezed in poured slowly into a beer mug that's been in the freezer.

Beer is also great with certain meals.

Additionally I like wine. Preferably a nice smooth dry Cabernet.

Nothing better than a nice cab or beer with dinner followed up with an after dinner cigar.

Recently I discovered I like Scotch/Whiskey as well.

Life is so much better with the things that are an "acquired taste."

Music is the same way. If it's catchy after one listen it will be old after 10 times listening. On the other hand if it takes 10 times before I start really liking it I can listen to it for years to come.
edit on 6/6/13 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't drink beer everyday or even that many days. I believe it is an acquired taste. When I first tasted it, it did not taste good to me. I tried some other lighter beers later on and a wine cooler and other flavors weren't that bad. When I started college everyone I knew drank on the weekend. I heard there were 26 bars next to our campus. I was given a few different free drinks before I found something I liked. Drinking one or two beers wasn't enough for me to get a beer buzz. It had to be more. It makes you feel good.

I don't know how many remember the beer commercial where people argue tastes great and the other says less filling but I remember walking across campus and going to see a free movie in the campus cinema. About 15 minutes before the movie started there were about 400 to 500 students in a packed stadium seating cinema. One side started to do the wave by standing up and said Less Filling, then they sat down and the other 200 students stood up and said Tastes Great. We repeated for a few minutes to pass the time. It was fun and amusing at the same time. I didn't see the point in drinking so much you had a nasty hangover but as a college student, I experimented like others with beer and other drinks.

During orientation, they told us that half the drunk driving arrests in the entire state happened on the 26 miles of our college campus during the past year. Someone had a drinking problem. I appreciated the warning not to drink and drive.
edit on 6/6/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Beer is tasty , but i hardly drink it anymore , only on special occasions or like BBQ , beer tends to taste fantastic with some steak

even though i am a male i never even buy beer to drink at my home , i live in this place for about a year and only bought a tray of beer once wich was on my birthday and for geusts.

I prefer the occasional herb , to chill out and speculate about life

TheGreazel.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I enjoy beer because of brews like Centennial IPA...yum.. My heart always makes a little sad-face whenever I come across anyone from the US that doesn't know or care for the fact vast majority of world-beating beers that are total opposite of so-called piss (bud,coors, etc) are brewed and available freshest in the USA. Call me a beer snob but that's the truth.

edit on 7-6-2013 by PINGi14 because: pics or gtfo

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I completely disagree.

I love the taste of beer, and I love trying new kinds and making my own!

It is the alcoholism that people stray into that gives beer a bad name.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The reason why people enjoy the taste of beer is the same reason I love the taste and burn of the hottest sauces a man or woman can find!

Beer and super hot like at least 30,000 SHU hot wings are an excellent combo IMO

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join