It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Exactly Would You Shoot Yourself Dead Because Of Gay Marriage???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Situation

On Tuesday, in a Paris Cathedral (Notre Dame), Dominique Venner, a 78-year-old far-right historian, shot himself dead in front of the altar, having just laid a letter down on it.

Previous to this, he was involved in a campaign against the French government's decision to legalize gay marriage. It would seem that he was vehemently against it.

My concern

Now, whilst I don't particularly care for whether gay marriage should be legalized or not (and I can certainly see that some countries and governments are particularly enthusiastic about pushing "the gay agenda", pushing it so far that they don't even seem to care about their popularity or their future electability - which is a bit alarming), I am extremely shocked and surprised that an intellectual and intelligent man like Mr Venner would kill himself simply because gay marriage was to be legalized.

My confusion (and conclusion!)

I cannot understand why you would kill yourself over it - especially if you're against it. It's completely ludicrous! I mean, what did he have - like some sort of pact or resolution along the lines of "If this bill goes through, I swear I'll eat my hat"; in this case, "If it goes through, I'll blow my brains out". But these are just sayings, surely? Nobody actually eats their hat. I'm just speculating here, as I cannot fully accept that an intelligent gentleman like Mr Venner would commit suicide to simply carry out the above saying - it seems ridiculous.

But don't you think it preposterous that Mr Venner would kill himself over this? I mean, it doesn't even affect him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Addendum

On another note (and whilst stressing that I am not homophobic and I am fully "tolerant"), I must still say that it seems that many countries are really going for the "gay thing", as it were; in other words, they're really pushing these things through. Right here in Britain, our House of Commons has voted overwhelmingly in favour of it, although it remains to be seen whether it'll actually pass in the House of Lords (our upper house).

But it does really seem as if politicians are really pushing this, even if it means a loss of popularity and membership. It's always alarming when a politician no longer plays politician anymore (i.e. pandering to popular support), but really pushes for something that many are vigorously opposed to. I mean, it's not as if the so-called "gay lobby" has particularly strong backers right? I mean George Soros isn't homosexual, neither is Bill Gates, neither are the Waltons, and neither are the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds!

I mean - is it being advocated as a population tool. Keep the population down, not by one-child policies, but by homosexuality? What do you think?

Remember, I'm not homophobic (I'm not so strict in my sexuality myself), but I am suspicious at how fast homosexuality is gaining "popularity" in these modern times. Or is this just another one of those "progressive issues" like women's rights and the empowerment of black people? If so, then I put my hands down and accept it with no resistance or suspicion, as I can understand it then. If not...what?

Additionally, to go on a grand speculative tangent here - is there something more shocking at hand? Like, for example, are there actually more gay/bisexual people than is actually predicted to be? It's estimated that as high as 10% of the population of the planet might be gay (I don't know if they fitted bisexuality in that) - but is it actually much higher (or at least bisexuality) or...even more suspicious...are some *entities* attempting to increase the number of gay/bi people? (Just a speculative tangent - not meant to be taken too seriously, as I of course have no proof whatsoever!)

Sorry this was so long!

edit on 5/26/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but to just add another thing - is this "gay matter" all part of a much wider agenda? Now, let me firstly state that I'm not religious at all (don't like religion much); however, could the wealthiest and elite actually be influencing states etc to push things like "gay marriage" and homosexuality in order to accelerate the killing off of Abrahamic religion so that people will increasingly become more "worldly" which is itself of benefit to large conglomeration and the elite as that means you'll obviously buy more etc etc? It's wild and speculative I know, but I'm just considering different angles here!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Because you're a total idiot. There are literally no other plausible explanations

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I hope you meant Mr Venner was an idiot and not me?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Are you sure that his reason for killing himself was because of gay marriage?

Did I miss something? You stated that he had laid a letter down, but I didn't see any details pertaining to what was actually written in the letter.

eta: IF it truly did have something to do with his stance against gay marriage, then I can think of one possible reason in which it could somewhat slightly make a lil bit of sense:
Maybe he just realized that he is gay. He may have thought something similar to, "Oh Crap!!!! AAARRGGHHH!!!! I'm gay!! I guess I've been fighting for the wrong team, the entire time. Dang......"

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

I hope you meant Mr Venner was an idiot and not me?
His answer probably sounds better when it's actually coupled along with the question....

Because you're a total idiot. There are literally no other plausible explanations?

edit on 5/26/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes. In his letter, he explained it. It was a result of gay marriage, Muslim immigration, Americanization of European values and generally anything "anti-traditionalist". Wiki says more about what he states in his letter and why he chose a Cathedral in which to kill himself.

In short, he seems to have come to the realization that his far-right ideals and fantasies would no longer come to pass - this must have got to him so much and what with the legalization of gay marriage being the final crowning...

It was agreed by several, including himself, that such an act would be a massive political gesture to "awaken the people of France". Unfortunately, it hasn't quite worked out, as he's barely been given publicity, although Marine Le Pen (far-right French party) commended his suicide by tweet.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

eta: IF it truly did have something to do with his stance against gay marriage, then I can think of one possible reason in which it could somewhat slightly make a lil bit of sense:
Maybe he just realized that he is gay. He may have thought something similar to, "Oh Crap!!!! AAARRGGHHH!!!! I'm gay!! I guess I've been fighting for the wrong team, the entire time. Dang......"

Haha, I completely passed over that reason - it didn't even cross my mind! Indeed, you could be right!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yes. In his letter, he explained it. It was a result of gay marriage, Muslim immigration, Americanization of European values and generally anything "anti-traditionalist". Wiki says more about what he states in his letter and why he chose a Cathedral in which to kill himself.
It looks like Gay Marriage is only one part of it then.
Is there a picture of the letter? or anything else aside from Wikipedia?

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Haha, I completely passed over that reason - it didn't even cross my mind! Indeed, you could be right!

Yeah, it took a couple minutes before that possibility occurred to me... lol

edit on 5/26/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
yep!
he was just beign a drama queen,
which is, uhh... kinda gay.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well there are the Wiki sources, which are French sources...

I guess I'm still looking over more commentary on his suicide, but they do all seem to say the same thing really...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The guy was 78 years old!!

There's your reason. I guess the whole gay marriage thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. Can you imagine being born before WWII and looking at the state of the world today?

I guess the gay marriage thing was just another addition to a long list of things he didn't agree with.

Sad really.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Huh,I think I got something here.

What if we find out what all stupid people don't like, and then we make them laws.

We give the human population a much needed hair cut, and raise our IQs....

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
How about we gather all the haters and push them somewhere else!!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Not all gays are drama queens!!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

In short, he seems to have come to the realization that his far-right ideals and fantasies would no longer come to pass - this must have got to him so much and what with the legalization of gay marriage being the final crowning...

It was agreed by several, including himself, that such an act would be a massive political gesture to "awaken the people of France". Unfortunately, it hasn't quite worked out, as he's barely been given publicity, although Marine Le Pen (far-right French party) commended his suicide by tweet.

Well there ya go then. The world, or more accurately, the part of it he inhabited had changed to such a degree that he wouldn't or couldn't adapt to it and no longer wanted to live it in.

Gay marriage likely wasn't the only reason, it may have just been the one that pushed this guy over the edge.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The same reason why Islamic radicals commit suicide. They strongly believe they're killing themselves in respect to their religious teachings. That's why religion is so dangerous. It plays on the minds of unstable and fanatic followers.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I am thinking that perhaps he killed himself...because most of his beliefs...about how human beings should be and live...have become... dust in the wind.

He felt that he had no validity in this world anymore.

He lost his place of (security) in humanity.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The question is not why but how. How did he kill himself? How he did it, where he did it and who knew about it.

Your right an intellect man doesn't just kill himself for pitty reason. Atleast before they do they leave something worthy behind. This is to say that nor you nor anyone else in this site is worthy of knowing the truth unless they visit the "crime scene"
edit on 26-5-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

edit on 26-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

I think it was on the alter of Notre Dame in front of a congregation. I noted that his ghost would probably end up haunting the place, and every time there was a gay marriage, he would haunt the bell and it would sound like "Gays Gays! No Gays!"

The sad thing is, his ghost will not be able to be at peace until there is no more gay marriage.
edit on 26-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
here's the statement from you that bothers me........."(and whilst stressing that I am not homophobic and I am fully "tolerant"),.................

tolerant??

meaning you disapprove but find enough "benevolence in yourself" to allow "this kind of thing"

You sir ARE a homophobe. You need to be honest with yourself and come clean. Lest you become the very hippocrite that I feel your meglomaniac mind will seriously conflict with.

**epithany anyone?**

top topics

<<   2 >>

join