It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woolwich attack: MI5 knew of men suspected of killing Lee Rigby

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Woolwich attack: MI5 knew of men suspected of killing Lee Rigby

www.guardian.co.uk

The two suspects in the butchering to death of a British soldier had been known to the domestic security service MI5 and the police over an eight-year period, but had been assessed as peripheral figures and thus not subjected to a full-scale investigation, it has emerged .

Adebolajo had complained of harassment by MI5 in the last three years after he came to the intelligence agency's attention.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk
www.standard.co.uk

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yet again, as with all the other terror attacks, the attackers are actually known subjects to the intelligence community..

Once again they were not considered a threat...

I said it from the begining when the BBC was spouting out that this had nothing to do with an intelligence operation in the area that something was amiss...

Yet again state intelligence services have dropped the ball, be it by accident or on purpose...i dont know.

But once again were fed the same fairytale with the same unhappy ending..and we're expected to believe it...

Theres a saying " JUST BECAUSE 50,000,000 PEOPLE BELIEVE IN SOMETHING STUPID...IT'S STILL SOMETHING STUPID"

www.guardian.co.uk
edit on 24-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Yet again, as with all the other terror attacks, the attackers are actually known subjects to the intelligence community..

I said it from the begining when the BBC was spouting out that this had nothing to do with an intelligence operation in the area that something was amiss...

Yet again state intelligence services have dropped the ball, be it by accident or on purpose...i dont know.

www.guardian.co.uk

People need to be careful with how they throw around such blame, to me it seems to play right into a more totalitarian government mind set.

The People: "Why didn't you protect us from every single loony out there!"

The Government: "Okay, will do, just remember you asked for it..."

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

www.guardian.co.uk

People need to be careful with how they throw around such blame, to me it seems to play right into a more totalitarian government mind set.

Why the hell do the UK and the U.S have "intelligence services", if the intelligence they collect is'nt interpreted in the right way or not acted upon...Or maybe they want it that way, its convenient.

It's the great game and it hasnt changed since the end of the 1800's..

All these deaths are just moves in political chess games..we are merely pawns to be used and sacrificed

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You are being a little bit contradicting.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk

Why the hell do the UK and the U.S have "intelligence services", if the intelligence they collect is'nt interpreted in the right way or not acted upon...Or maybe they want it that way, its convenient.

It's the great game and it hasnt changed since the end of the 1800's..

All these deaths are just moves in political chess games..we are merely pawns to be used and sacrificed

In the US supposedly the intelligence service was designed to look for external threats, threats that come from in some cases Citizens who have immigrated or who fall under a legit visa are not what they are designed for.

More traditional law enforcement is required, in at least according to the US thats what our Homeland security is supposed to entail. Government agencies sharing information to prevent internal threats, what has been put into practice is dismal however.

You have to look at it as what could the government have done to prevent such an attack, and weight that against what the rule of laws allow.

Having your rights violated, privacy negated, free speech impeded etc is that a cost you are willing to pay for Safety, ultimately that is the end result of the cry of "why didn't you prevent this" with fill in the blank what this is.

The price of freedoms (what ever they may be) Is that some out there might be irresponsible, or malicious with their own freedoms, its something we all have to be willing to face and address.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
TBH

we should calm down....you can know someone..but how do you anticipate something of this nature.

security services are very good here

we should not blame them

they just need an internal culture change

get rid of abu qatada...you dont need paperwork...send him to gibraltar..or another british colony...then from there deal with it

that would go a long way to cleaning their image

and most importantnaly, make it a collective issue...not just an MI5 issue
we need to share the responsibilty of our culture....

basically
NO SEGREGATION...UNITY

peace

edit on 24-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

OP, the situation just got a whole lot weirder. One of the suspects (i.e. the main one - the one on video) was approached by the MI5 six months ago. They were asking him to work for them. That sounds dodgy, real dodgy...

Woolwich Attack: MI5 "offered job to suspect"

Lots of things went through my head when I read through that story - one of them being, maybe he was in fact working for them (and still is) and this is all..well...you know what I mean...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Lots of things went through my head when I read through that story - one of them being, maybe he was in fact working for them (and still is) and this is all..well...you know what I mean...

Things like, this is all an elaborate and well made false flag... timed perfectly to be used and accepted without question in regards to creating new laws and a more totalitarian state?

I questioned this as soon as it happened, it's amazing how Theresa May had her "life is life" plan then BAM this happens. Now people will be begging for this new idea, I mean I cannot remember how many different posters and comments I have seen on the web demanding these bastards be hung.

At the end of the day though I'm just considering the facts and I'm very careful about what I ask for, others are not. Afterall these murderers were British and the victim was an off active-duty soldier.

Terrorist? Maybe
Foriegners? No

So what do we do charge them as enemy combatants? then send lots of British people to other nations? sounds a bit discrimitive to me.... maybe I'm wrong, heck maybe I'm not even British anymore and I need telling to F off. I think I'd enjoy a break from this racist cess pit for a little while, I woke up this morning and thought it was the 70's or something the way people are acting.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I really think the public should be demanding answers from the intelligence community on this one. It's just not going to be good enough to have a statement suggesting they made a mistake.

The fact that they foil a lot of plots and prevent things from happening here should be repeated, but this seems to be such a basic failure, and with contact like this too, it just makes people extremely suspicious.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Lee oswald was an FBI informant...
Some of the 9/11 attackers lived with an FBI informant.
In Madrid nearly all of the attackers were involved with or paid by the Guardia Civil or the national police as informants.
The Tsarnaev familiy (The Boston two) are directly married into a CIA family..
Mohammed Siddique Khan (london 7/7 bombings) was an MI5 informant..

Now it would appear that one of the subjects involved in this scenario was approached by MI5 to work for them and was complaining about being harrassed by them..

Anyone else see the pattern here...

From the begining before anyone was asking the why's, BBC was tweeting that MI5 had told them that this had nothing to do with an intelligence operation underway.....???
Why deny what nobody had yet asked...???

As Bart Simpson would say..."Don't look at me ...I DIDN'T DO IT...."

edit on 25-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

OP, the situation just got a whole lot weirder. One of the suspects (i.e. the main one - the one on video) was approached by the MI5 six months ago. They were asking him to work for them. That sounds dodgy, real dodgy...

Isn't it just as possible that MI5 asking them to betray his muslim brothers was the thing that sent him over the edge? The thing that pushed him into action. A loud defiant 'no'.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Isn't it just as possible that MI5 asking them to betray his muslim brothers was the thing that sent him over the edge? The thing that pushed him into action. A loud defiant 'no'.

WHY ONLY KILL ONE PERSON....
Why not look for more squaddies or cops to kill..
Its a terrorist suicide attack after all, so why not take as many infidels as you can with you, after all he told the scout leader he would "rather stay and fight" and if the police come "i shoot them" than go...so they waited patiently twenty minutes without attacking anyone else..

5 to 6 minutes of controlled agression to kill Lee Rigby, beheading, or trying to behead him..then nothing.
A calm young man explaining to the whole wide world why he did what he did...
Almost as if you could switch him on and off.......

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Could the mi5 gang have pushed these guys over the edge? Trying to get them in their gang? Is this what drove them to comit this crime? 6mths ago mi5 contact them and next thing we know they are murdering people? I think it was the same with the 7/7 incident. Were not they on the same list? Did they get an offer for a job? Did they take it? were they patsys delivering some thing for mi5? Then it all went real? Of course we will never know the truth and to be sure they would never tell us the truth of their actions.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

WHY ONLY KILL ONE PERSON....
Why not look for more squaddies or cops to kill..

They wanted to only attack what they saw as legitimate targets. Storming the barracks or looking for more soldiers would result in quick death, without the chance to become a martyr or have themselves recorded giving their motivation. That in itself was an important part of the act. They wanted to make their motives loud and public.

Its a terrorist suicide attack after all, so why not take as many infidels as you can with you, after all he told the scout leader he would "rather stay and fight" and if the police come "i shoot them" than go...so they waited patiently twenty minutes without attacking anyone else..

They didn't wait patiently for 20 minutes, the 20 minutes is the time it took an armed response unit to arrive, not the police as far as I know. I think they were surrounded by police much faster. They waited for the armed officers because they wanted martyr death by policeman live on TV.

They wanted the chance to be heard. Then they wanted martyr death. In that order. And they wanted to fight but no one fought them.

5 to 6 minutes of controlled agression to kill Lee Rigby, beheading, or trying to behead him..then nothing.
A calm young man explaining to the whole wide world why he did what he did...
Almost as if you could switch him on and off.......

I admit this is curious, but not really any proof of anything. Drugs wearing off? Shock? I honestly don't know. Obviously this is all ultimately supposition though. My own opinion.

I've asked this before but no one has answered. Curious if you can?

If you believe this was a government op, and he was set up and coached or controlled to do this, why would you programme him to end his speech 'Don't trust your government, get rid of them'.

Seems a bit of a stupid thing to have your puppet say to the nation, doesn't it?
edit on 25-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

They can't predict when every person on the fringe of lunacy will lose it and go violent. The intelligence community is meant to track major players in terrorism, not couple of lone wolf zealots and fanatics.

They can detect and stop major events when people are stockpiling weapons, but when people attack with meat clevers you're only option there is to limit the sale of meat clevers to people in good standing in their Mosque, Synagogue, or Church.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

They wanted to only attack what they saw as legitimate targets. Storming the barracks or looking for more soldiers would result in quick death, without the chance to become a martyr or have themselves recorded giving their motivation. That in itself was an important part of the act. They wanted to make their motives loud and public.

For that, they could have had a 2 hour rant on youtube before the act and had someone release it after they were done..Whats the better way to do it -
1 - Wait in the street and hope there just happens to be a camera there to tape you, or
2 - A guaranteed multi million audience on youtube.

They didn't wait patiently for 20 minutes, the 20 minutes is the time it took an armed response unit to arrive, not the police as far as I know. I think they were surrounded by police much faster. They waited for the armed officers because they wanted martyr death by policeman live on TV.

If unarmed police arrived on the scene before hand, why didnt they try to kill them....or did'nt they approach??
Surely if this guy had a pistol he would have tried to kill any cop that arrived on the scene, armed or not...he said he wanted to stay and fight and shoot police..

They wanted the chance to be heard. Then they wanted martyr death. In that order. And they wanted to fight but no one fought them.

Why not do a video like every other jihadist does nowadays..if they wanted to diffund a message why take the chance that the police would arrive quickly and kill them, leaving their message unheard.

I admit this is curious, but not really any proof of anything. Drugs wearing off? Shock? I honestly don't know. Obviously this is all ultimately supposition though. My own opinion.

I've asked this before but no one has answered. Curious if you can?

If you believe this was a government op, and he was set up and coached or controlled to do this, why would you programme him to end his speech 'Don't trust your government, get rid of them'.

Seems a bit of a stupid thing to have your puppet say to the nation, doesn't it?

The scout leader that approched them say's they didn't appear to be on drugs, or drunk.

You cant have someone kill a soldier as a protest for British involvment in Afghansitan and the death of muslims, and then have him singing he loves the same government responsable for sending troops to Afghansitan in front of the cameras.
He has to be seen to be crazy, anti democratic and muslim.

Ever seen a bloke called Derren Brown in action ....how to switch a person on and off.

edit on 25-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Ray... do NOT feel less British, just because you can think clearly and objectively, and are capable of a politically unbiased attitude toward the truth. You sir, are a gem amongst filth.

It really aggravates me that people believe that to be British, it is necessary to abandon reason, to throw your wieght behind whatever moronic, jingoistic half thoughts The Sun and the bloody Mirror like to spew. People also, falsely believe , that one must support all manner of things, some of them extremely dark and not at all wholesome, just to be able to stand up and announce to all the world, that one is a proud Briton.

People also like to accuse folks who do not instantly obey, who do not instantly agree, who have independant spirits and minds, of some sort of sympathy with the enemies of our nation, and as a wider consequence, the freedom and the Justice which we like to believe are upheld here. This is also tedious, stupid, and blinkered. Britain has been the HOME of progress, we had futurologists before the first science fiction had even been scribed! Our nation thrived when there were MORE forward thinkers, more intellectuals, not less, and not now in this bloody awful travesty we call this era. Not now, when if you arent watching The Only Way Is Essex, or bloody Made In Chelsea, there is, people assume, something wrong with you!

I am an independant mind, capable of insight, objectivity and removing myself from bias. I love my country. But I will not accept a thing, just because my nations leaders, who have never attempted to represent me, my family, or indeed, the entire social strata from which I come, have told me it is so. That does not make me less British. It merely makes me more human.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Its amazing how this happened just before voting for a new/same corrupt asshole to take charge in UK

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Apparently, the man claiming to be a friend of Michael Adebolajo - Abu Nusayba, was himself arrested by anti-terrorism officers on BBC premises shortly after giving the interview where he said that Michael Adebolajo had been the subject of an attempted recruitment by MI5.

www.abc.net.au...

I suspect there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Have also just heard of a solder in uniform in Paris that has been stabbed in the neck in another very disturbing development.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join