It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Push for Gun Control is Coming This Fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Let’s connect the dots…shall we?

May 6, 2013, Biden met with religious leaders and told them “off the record” that the next big push for gun control will happen this fall after the immigration debate is over.

Over the weekend, Biden penned an op-ed in the Houston Chronicle predicting that the White House "will prevail" on their push to expand background checks to cover the sale of firearms online and at gun shows.

"Those who wrote off gun safety legislation last month will come to realize that moment wasn't the end at all," Biden wrote. "It was the turning point."
thehill.com...

Reaching out to religious leaders to do their bidding is nothing new. In 2005, DHS reached out to clergy to create “Clergy Response Teams” designed to help the government get away with martial law and gun confiscation by calming tensions and reassuring citizens that everything would be OK. This team was first used during Hurricane Katrina when martial law was declared in New Orleans.

Shortly after Katrina, in 2006, NDAA was passed. In an astonishingly treasonous act, the government eliminated another key check to block an out of control government; the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act.

Section 1076 of H.R. 5122 allows the President to:

“...employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States..., where the President determines that,...domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy...”
www.govtrack.us...

According to our VP, a push for stronger background checks will be the first thing to happen this fall. After that they plan to make it illegal for anyone on the terrorist watch list to purchase a firearm. This would be another clear abuse of power and would infringe on constitutional protects of millions. Currently there are nearly 1 million names on the watch list.

The number of names in a secret U.S. database of suspected terrorists has swollen to 875,000 from 540,000 only five years ago, in part because of rule changes introduced after al Qaeda’s failed underwear bomb plot in 2009.
www.washingtontimes.com...

For those who think this is a good idea or no big deal, think again. Consider the announcement in 2009 made by Napolitano. Some people who may potentially be added to this list are law abiding citizens who are guilty of nothing but serving their country or voicing concerns about issues that affect us all (much like all of us).

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Wednesday that she was briefed before the release of a controversial intelligence assessment and that she stands by the report, which lists returning veterans among terrorist risks to the U.S.

In her statement Wednesday, Ms. Napolitano defended the report, which says “rightwing extremism” may include groups opposed to abortion and immigration, as merely one among several threat assessments.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Let’s recap! Clergy were approached to set up “Clergy Response Teams” designed (and used) to basically ease tension and calm people during martial law while gun confiscations occurred. After that the federal government passed NDAA; a bill that allows Military personnel to perform policing actions and enforce martial law on US streets against the citizens of this country. Now this administration is once again reaching out to clergy and letting them know “off the record” that a big gun control push is coming this fall, so they will once again need to calm people down while our rights are again stripped. The final bit is the push to make it illegal for Americans on the Terrorist Watch List to purchase a firearm. The criteria for being placed on that list have been ever expanding. It could be YOU added to that list!

Do I need to spell it out for you??

(CNN) – California Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, signed legislation Wednesday that will boost funding for state efforts to confiscate firearms from those prohibited by law from owning them, the governor's office announced.
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Despite promises from the president and a host of other politicians who are pushing for more gun control that nobody is coming for your guns, the confiscation of guns and gun permits has apparently started in some form in New York State.
www.theblaze.com...

The Missouri Highway Patrol said Thursday that it has twice provided a list of 163,000 Missouri residents with concealed gun permits to a federal investigator.
www.bizjournals.com...

This isn’t fearmongering! These are real actions of our government in plain sight. If you can’t see where this is heading then you’re part of the problem. It is happening - It can no longer be denied! The final push to take our guns and silence us will begin again soon.

+7 more 
posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The way things are going? Biden and Obama are going to be damn lucky if they still have offices to serve in, let alone the same faces on staff and in Cabinet positions come the fall. I'm unsure on the first..and pretty sure it's a NO on the second.

Additional to that? Are they just dumb by nature or did people like Biden really require training to reach this level of stupidity??? America is a funny place with politics but as previous Presidents have found (to their doom at times), they get *ONE* shot at major legislation in this nation. *ONE*. They shot thier wad with everything they had. By Hook, Crook Coercion and outright intimidation, they tried to get their crap passed. They failed. 100% failed.

Now they want to bask in the loss and embrace being losers by returning to the scene of their greatest 2nd term failure to date? Well.... If the scandals currently hanging over them like black storm clouds don't finish their effectiveness in office? That move sure will. Please..DO get back to gun control.
Oh yes.... Perfect timing too. Just as people are coming out of a long, hot summer and into the peak of protest season, too.

I can hardly wait!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Biden is going to learn real quick that you do not mess with the US and the citizens guns..

I can't believe Biden acts like IRS scam is nothing, Benghazi NO BIG DEAL, these guys are teflon don, or so they think...

Teflon Dons figure out sometimes too late when they have pushed to far....

Great thread.
edit on 23-5-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The way things are going? Biden and Obama are going to be damn lucky if they still have offices to serve in, let alone the same faces on staff and in Cabinet positions come the fall. I'm unsure on the first..and pretty sure it's a NO on the second.

Unfortunately this agenda is far bigger and more powerful than those two goobers. Besides, Obama is not going to lose his office. He's untouchable!

edit on 23-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, 2 trains of thought.
Either, all of these scandals will just have their heads spinning and they will be too busy to work this crap.
Or, they will use these scandals as cover to push other items.

If the pressure is kept until the 2016 mid terms, which it looks like it will, and new scandals continue, I don't see them being able to to push for more gun control.

The people will revolt over this kind of crap.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Even John Gotti took all that one step beyond what the powers behind him would tolerate, eventually...remember?

There may be great movement beyond Obama for this and there likely has been for at least 25 years now. Without effective front men to carry the water and get things done though, things flat don't happen. They aren't effective for carrying much at this point....as if previous failures say much for them ever having been all that effective.

I don't know...they could have another major casualty event they can cling to like ghouls to a car wreck, but even that couldn't get the most basic Federal changes made after CT. It doesn't get much worse than that one for emotional ties to yank on. Yet, still... Failed. I think they need to accept the fact that, at least for now, they still don't have the numbers to even attempt to basics of their agenda. That may be a radically different thing in 10 or 20 years. My son my see his inheritance become outlawed before he can enjoy having them...however, that won't be this year or next, I'm thinking.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I can't believe Biden acts like IRS scam is nothing, Benghazi NO BIG DEAL, these guys are teflon don, or so they think...

Here is the thing….nothing sticks to them!! They can literally get away with murder because their agenda is bigger than life. Look at how this group manipulates different federal agencies to push their agendas. They’ve long been manipulating the judicial system, military, congress and the alphabet agencies. Most recently they’ve used the DOJ and IRS. These guys can do what they want and they’ve made it quite clear they want us disarmed.

For a long time I thought they were just stupid. I really talked myself off the ledge and believed “Maybe they just want to reduce guns and gun violence”. But Fast & Furious shattered that illusion for me. They don’t want us armed and they have no regard for human life!!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

May 6, 2013, Biden met with religious leaders and told them “off the record” that the next big push for gun control will happen this fall after the immigration debate is over.

The magic words of doom here^^^. When has the immigration debate ever been even close to being over?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This will further criminalize honest, decent Americans, because until the day they come busting in each and every door, people are not going to report their great grandpas antiques. These are dark days.

When they do bust in, neighbors and friends will be too fearful to protest. They will try to ride it out under the radar so to speak. Then there will be incentives to snitch on people, so my suggestion is that if you do not trust them with your life, tell anyone that may know your situation that you fell on hard times and reluctantly had to sell everything.

Even big mouthed relatives need to be dealt with at this point, you may grow food for them, but they are not trustworthy to know what you have.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well, 2 trains of thought.

Either, all of these scandals will just have their heads spinning and they will be too busy to work this crap.

Or, they will use these scandals as cover to push other items.

They certainly didn’t plan on getting the resistance they’ve encountered nor did they expect to take so much heat over Benghazi. I think they will simply use the recent scandals as a distraction, throw somebody under the bus in a highly publicized way, meanwhile they’ll back-door the gun measures they seek.

If the pressure is kept until the 2016 mid terms, which it looks like it will, and new scandals continue, I don't see them being able to to push for more gun control.

I hope this is the case!

This fall will be very telling...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by seabag

The magic words of doom here^^^. When has the immigration debate ever been even close to being over?

It won't be over but there is a battle looming.

The Senate bill will go to the floor in June, after a Memorial Day holiday recess. The Senate Judiciary Committee voted 13-5 late on Tuesday with support from three Republicans to approve the biggest changes in immigration policy in a generation, including putting 11 million illegal residents on a path to citizenship.
www.reuters.com...

After the dust settles they’ll be back on the gun issue. It’s a multi-front attack.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

This will further criminalize honest, decent Americans, because until the day they come busting in each and every door, people are not going to report their great grandpas antiques. These are dark days.

I believe the threat of punishment coupled with the fear of someone snitching and the pressure by the clergy will cause many to submit.

I hope I’m wrong.

When they do bust in, neighbors and friends will be too fearful to protest. They will try to ride it out under the radar so to speak. Then there will be incentives to snitch on people, so my suggestion is that if you do not trust them with your life, tell anyone that may know your situation that you fell on hard times and reluctantly had to sell everything.

The snitching was made easy a long time ago. This has all been well planned.

Fightthesmears.com

Flag.gov

You can flag this thread and report me at: [email protected].

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Unfortunately I have to agree with you Seabag. My belief of an impending attempt to expand gun control come from my first hand experience over the last several months. Here is why I am in complete agreement with your assessment of whats to come.

Last November I applied for my Type 10 FFL as a SOT Class 2 which would classify me as a manufacturer of firearms, ammunition and components, manufacturer of destructive devices as well as ammunition for destructive devices and armor piercing ammunition. I also applied for my Type 20 FEL to manufacture high explosives such as flash bangs and grenades. these licenses would also allow me to act as a legal dealer of such devises under the National Firearms Act.

I applied for these licenses, did all of the appropriate background checks and paid my filing fees for the licenses. I held these exact licenses up until 5 years ago when I decided not to renew them because I didn't have the need for them at the time. I passed the background check with no problems what so ever, the only crime I have ever been charged or convicted of is a DUI about 20 years ago which was dismissed. I am a former Navy SWG Operator specifically SWCC with an honorable discharge and had held a Type 1FFL with a Class 3 tax certificate until 4 years ago.

Well after applying for my licenses on November 15, 2013 and not hearing anything from BATFE for 2 months I contacted them in January to inquire on the status of my applications. I was told that they (BATFE) were working on my applications but had run into some snags(?) and the process would take longer than normal.

The first of February I was visited by 2 BATFE agents that were there to inspect my facility as is customary when applying for such licenses. They have to see where the items of manufacture/sale will be stored and make sure that you are in compliance with their standards which mine is above and beyond what they require. The agents asked all of the standard questions but also asked some that were quite odd. one of the questions they asked that stuck in my head was, while they were inspecting my gun safes and saw the several AR's, M14's, and AK's I had in my safes, they asked if those guns were registered.

Here in ND there is no requirement for registration of long guns and their question struck me as odd. One of the agents made a comment that it is quite an arsenal I have acquired and asked why I needed that many guns of that style. I informed him that it had nothing to do with need and that the second amendment was the only reason I needed to own such firearms. I stated in a very respectable manner that I was a reserve deputy with my county's Sheriff's Dept and I have recently started a non profit organization to give Rescue/SRT training to law enforcement in my state and that most of the firearms were for training purposes.

The second week of March I received a notice of denial of application for license and there was no reason given as to the reason for the denial. I have since contacted the Deputy Director of BATFE inquiring as to why I was denied and also requested an appeal of their finding only to be told that the reason for the denial is "private" and that at this time BATFE will not review any appeal of its decisions.

I am now in the process of initiating legal actions against BATFE for this and have been told by my attorney that I will most likely have to sue to find out why I was denied. My attorney actually told me several weeks ago that there is a very good probability that due to my service history it may be that I am being flagged as a veteran.

While I was active I had the usual TS/SCI security clearances as well as L and Q Clearance through Dept of Energy as well as Yankee White Category 2 Clearance. Now it seems that even though at one time I could be trusted to handle and provide security for nuclear weapons transport and handle information sensitive to National Security I can not be trusted to exercise my constitutionally declared rights.

Times are changing in America and the change is in now way one I hoped for.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Those 'Captain Ahabs ' are never going to give up that 'whale hunt'.

They have been at it a very long time.

Government couldn't even pass a background check if they were 'required' to.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
On the first video it stated that in this scenario they would ironically use the Bible to garner public support specifically referencing Romans 13 however, that depends what version of Romans 13 you go off of. In the original KJV is states (in summary) that there is no authority higher than god, while in the NIV version it was deliberately changed to read pay your taxes, pay your taxes all police and government are ordained by God.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Neo96, I like your signature with the excerpts of the acts of tyranny committed by the king of England against our founders that were listed in the Declaration of Independence. When you read the entire list of 20 some odd acts that our founders listed it pales in comparison to what our current government is doing to us.

The agenda of our government of disarming us is being done so that they (the tyrants in government) can institute complete tyrannical control upon us. In my day to day conversations I urge everyone I talk to to read the Declaration and pay especially close attention to those listed acts. Our founders revolted against England over the tyranny they lived under, yet we are all living under a government that is exponentially more tyrannical than what they faced.

It is truly sad that so many men of virtue sacrificed so much to form this great nation just for us to allow it to be turned into a machine of oppression and tyranny that was unfathomable to our founders.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Last I heard you were going off the grid. Glad you're back, friend.

As far as your license denial, I'd bet anything nobody can get those licenses anymore. I bet they stopped issuing those subsequent to the Aurora shooting. They probably figure there will be no backlash because so few people apply for those licenses. How much of a stink can a few dozen people really make (their reasoning)?

I hope you and your attorney win the appeal. If you don't qualify with your background and previous clearances then I don't know who could.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
All the "extras" will be further restricted without laws being passed.....
This is how they take the arms from citizens.
The police attending a "marital disrurbance will seize and remove any firearms in the residence whether weapons are involved or not.
"its for the safety of the children and the wife you know"
Women will be encouraged to say they are frightened with guns in the home, and thatll be it...
The subtle undeclared ways that the laws will be stretched to allow for confiscation for more BS reasons,
will never be spoken to the public....just implemented as matters of "policy"
due to reasons of " liability"
Hunting will be further restricted and complicated, with fewer tags given for animals etc...
Zones will be scheduled for seasons when no game will be present there etc...
Slowly, and subtly they are weazeling the guns from the populace,
They did it like that in Canada....its working well.....and it will become far more blatant.in the US of A.
2nd amendment or not...

edit on 23-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Our founders revolted against England over the tyranny they lived under, yet we are all living under a government that is exponentially more tyrannical than what they aced.

What’s sad is that they won’t even take credit for the rampant tyranny. Instead they try to blame everyone else for both their dictatorial pursuits and their ineptitude.

Can you imagine Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin or Hitler being such a puss?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes I'm off the grid now and have been since mid September, or at least what I call off the grid. There was a big debate about whether I was "off grid" when I announced it in my post. We have no power running to our home and generate with 6 wind turbines I built, finally got hughesnet for internet a couple of weeks ago, are up to 8 head of cattle and about 2 dozen chickens. Winter was a little worse than we expected but we managed without having to go back on the power grid, however we ran short on some of our veggies and such and had to rely on the grocery store for a couple of months. All in all living our version of off grid living has turned out to be quite good and if some major calamity happened tomorrow that throws society into a tailspin we would be in pretty good shape.

I have also considered the idea that perhaps BATFE just plain and simply isn't giving out licenses beyond a regular Class 1 FFL and I do find that to be very disturbing. I know that any other time Ive applied for any form of an FFL license I had no problems in getting one and the fact that now they say the reason is "private" makes me think that something is definitely not right.

Ill try and stay posted on whats going on with my situation but I don't have much hope of an outcome I am happy with.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join