It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some US Military Communications Run Out Of Singapore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have a web site, but this isn't about that, I just check the stats from time to time and see odd hits from military, alphabet agencies, governments, NGO's, etc.

Xtreme Tracking Log for my Site

This is the website hit in question which appears often;

Visitor: 202.68.179.163
IP Address: 202.68.179.163
Date: 22 May, Wed, 03:21:59
Net Speed: Cable/DSL
Organization: Websatmedia Pte Ltd
Browser: Firefox 22
Continent: North America
Operating System: Windows XP
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
State / Region: Armed Forces Euro..
Screen Color: 24 Bit (16.7M)
City: Apo
Javascript: Enabled
Referrer: -
Search Engine: -

I get a frequent hit from WebSatMedia via IP 202.68.179.163 (IP this time) that is military as always, so I thought I would look them up. Funny how they run out of Singapore, so it appears some of the US military communication runs out of a foreign country.

WebSatMedia

If you go to the bottom of the WebSatMedia "Our Facilities" Page you will see their address at;

Block 750C, Chai Chee Road,
Technopark, Singapore 469003
Tel: (65) 6823 9250 Fax: (65) 6773 3200

Now, I look back at the Obama history and see that Obama was schooled in Indonesia, which is in that neck of the woods (or beach).

My only point in this, why are US military internet connections and communications channels being run from foreign countries? This might/would severely impact US Military security.

As a side note, I have noticed lately that libraries, utility companies, wall street brokerage houses, banks, town, municipal and county governments and larger corporations including multinationals in the US are looking up "concertina wire." I am quite familiar with this product (razor wire) as we used a form of this product on our lethal perimeter systems for the military, key-point and border installations. Maybe it's a commodity thing with Wall Street, but why I wonder would there be such an interest coming from many different areas of the public and private sector? Is there suddenly going to be high demand for this product, which is only used to keep people in or keep them out.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Just my two cents...but the Internet is a giant network, as you know. What isn't so commonly thought about is the fact that every network eventually flows into central nodes for traffic control. Several of those nodes are in the United States...as we did invent the Internet as DARPA-Net in the days of old and fears of nuclear war. That doesn't mean all the control servers are state-side though, and they aren't. There is a more technical term for the main servers the net runs from, but traffic control seems a more apt description.

When one gets to looking at that level of the world network, it's a fascinating thing to see where the nodes are located and who they are interconnected with. (I'll say this... Singapore may house traffic control servers ...but if there is a war room from the movies to track the internet? It's in a little Fort in Southern Arizona.
)

Nice catch on this though!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm sorry i may be a little slow, and i kind of understand what that signifies, or well the last part at least. so could u maybe explain that whole tracking thing to slow people like me?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Singapore is a long time US ally and home to US Navy and Air Force facilities. You will also find US forces in Singapore for training and Singapores forces in the US for training.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh that's interesting.

You know what else is interesting, Singapore is also a freemason stronghold.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AhuraMazdah

I'm sorry i may be a little slow, and i kind of understand what that signifies, or well the last part at least. so could u maybe explain that whole tracking thing to slow people like me?

Let's say you go onto a webpage, your IP is logged by that web page. If you have been directed there via a link or search engine, that information may show up in the log as well. What happened here was a direct hit on my web page from an APO source out of Armed Forces Europe. The interesting thing is that the hit came through a server in Singapore that obviously supplies satellite based communications services to the US military. The problem would be that if a wide area conflict started, there is a reasonable probability that US military communications would be compromised since it appears the US military is outsourcing offshore services that should be on the US mainland and secure.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Singapore is a long time US ally and home to US Navy and Air Force facilities. You will also find US forces in Singapore for training and Singapores forces in the US for training.

Allegiances change during a conflict or collapse. Once the US is out of funny money or spirals into a Zimbabwe style inflation, how long do you think that this present outsourcing will last? Or maybe China or some other nation will pay Singapore to keep the servers and satellite systems running to gain a exploitative edge?

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join