It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My morning coffee, come share a cup! c(_)

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

No way! Uh uh! That doesn't even resemble anyone I know....
It especially doesn't resemble Doc!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I'm hacking the Ryan air website as we speak

See who got off the plane at Tours airport , Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting

Cody

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi Cody. Its definitely grim up North today. Rained hard most of the day and real dark. At least the toilet is working again lol. Thats about the best thing thats happened to me in a while

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Nothing worse than a broken bog Doc

Can't go to the library for a read in peace if you're stressed about the flush

Ummmmmmmmmmmm You do have flushes up north don't you ?

Cody

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well sort of yes. But im just glad the throne is working again. I have eat my dinner many a time in there. And to celebrate i even cleaned it
...Ya could eat yer dinner off that bad boy now!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

That's soooooooooooooo much better Doc

Well done mate

It was a bit of a mess before

Cody

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hey you guys

My migraine did go away with the help from some excedrin migraine medicine....and I truly forgot how much caffeine was in them....I'm still buzzin off the caffeine ...I feel like I've drank a ton of espresso... Not fun, but I shall live

Went to the dentist today and I have a good set of teeth, just a few chips here and there but they can all be fixed.

**little d ...after I eat I was gonna try and lay down to catch some rest and as I'm laying there! I'm gonna read your story.

edit on 3-10-2013 by natalia because: Lalala

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

So your dropping to pieces are ya
...Ah sometimes everything seems to happen at once. Im sure you will be dancing around in no time....Wishing you a speedy recovery

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

sled735

StealthyKat

sled735
reply to post by cody599

I was tickled pink when I got up and saw it was back up. But it put me in a rush trying to post on all my threads before getting ready for work. And they finally have my message board working again. Yea!

Y'all have fun... I gotta run. (And have fun with the spray paint!)

Hey! I noticed you said "Yall"...do I have a fellow southerner here?

Yep! East TN here. Ain't it fun talkin' southern slang? Sometimes the "others" don't know what we'uns are a sayin' !
We can talk in "code" to each other. HeeHeeHee!

edit on 10/2/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

Damn straight! They ain't got nothin on us! We'll rip up tha English language so bad we'll have the true Brits here cringin! Hell....I think I'll do sumpthin crazy like eat sum fried chicken with my coffee.....gurrrrrl that's sum gooooood eatin!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Mmmmmm fried chicken and greens and corn bread....mmmmmm

I just had Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner...we had to...it's just so yummy!!!!!!!! And on Thursday they have deals on the boneless wings. Oh so yummy!!!

Yeeehaw!!!!!!!

*sipsip* (water)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

natalia

I just had Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner...we had to...it's just so yummy!!!!!!!! And on Thursday they have deals on the boneless wings. Oh so yummy!!!

Yeeehaw!!!!!!!

*sipsip* (water)

..I'm in Cajun country! Look....here I am in my Cajun Girl pigtails haha
*sip sip* Yeehaw is RIGHT hehe! Actually, that's more Texas style....If THAT ain't country I'll kiss your ass LMAO!!!!

Look....here I am in my Cajun Girl pigtails haha **siiiiiiiip**

edit on 10/3/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
*sip*

Here's a little video to share my home with yall......no place like it in the world! I am so blessed to have been born here.

*sip siiiiip*

OK....I don't live in a shack in the woods playing a fiddle on the front porch LOL...but I do live near the bayou. Go fishing there almost every weekend.....*sip*

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

StealthyKat

natalia

Yeeehaw!!!!!!!

*sipsip* (water)

..I'm in Cajun country! Look....here I am in my Cajun Girl pigtails haha
*sip sip* Yeehaw is RIGHT hehe! Actually, that's more Texas style....If THAT ain't country I'll kiss your ass LMAO!!!!

Look....here I am in my Cajun Girl pigtails haha **siiiiiiiip**

Hubba hubba

All that AND fried chicken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm in love

Cody

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Sorry guys I got distracted for a second there

Good evening / morning all

It's Friday here so just today and probably 1/2 of tomorrow to work

Then PARTY

Rod hope you are felling better, I was about to sms you then realised you might still be asleep.

So you'll have to take this instead

Have great day/night everyone may the Gods of laughter bless you

Now

Cody

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

ERmm...

*Splutters Lemsip all over computer screen*

Although i feel as rough as a cats (who has been dragged through a kenwood chef liquidiser) tongue today i have booked my plane ticket to Cajun country... Forever..... one way ticket :

Urrgghhhhh back to bed for me with a wonderful last image...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 4-10-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Doc...

If you want to have a decent poo you are very welcome to come over to my place but bring your own fire extinguisher (erm i meant air freshener).... i hear that the rumours are true!!??

Warmest respects

Zombie lookalike Rodinus

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Good morning all.......

This morning I am having proper English tea and biscuits....

Nothing like a good cup of tea....

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Morning Dave just on tea break meself

Hi Rod how you doing mate any better ?

That doctor looked pretty dodgy

Cody

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

StealthyKat

sled735

StealthyKat

sled735
reply to post by cody599

I was tickled pink when I got up and saw it was back up. But it put me in a rush trying to post on all my threads before getting ready for work. And they finally have my message board working again. Yea!

Y'all have fun... I gotta run. (And have fun with the spray paint!)

Hey! I noticed you said "Yall"...do I have a fellow southerner here?

Yep! East TN here. Ain't it fun talkin' southern slang? Sometimes the "others" don't know what we'uns are a sayin' !
We can talk in "code" to each other. HeeHeeHee!

edit on 10/2/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

Damn straight! They ain't got nothin on us! We'll rip up tha English language so bad we'll have the true Brits here cringin! Hell....I think I'll do sumpthin crazy like eat sum fried chicken with my coffee.....gurrrrrl that's sum gooooood eatin!

I had a thread up about "Mountain Folk" and the language, and was going to link it here, but it seems to be another one of my threads that has disappeared since the new ATS went up. I've have discovered several missing!!!!!!

So...
To help those who don't understand Southern Slang, here is a little help fer y'all:

Redneck Slang Words

Examples of Redneck Slang
The following words and phrases are Southern for sure, and some would be considered more “rednecky” than others:

(to) be too big for one’s britches – to think too highly of oneself
britches – pants

can’t carry a tune in a bucket – to be unable to sing at all

clod-hopper – large, heavy shoes like those worn by farmers

colder than a witch’s tit (in a brass bra in January) – the bit in parentheses simply adds some extra color to an already off-color (but quite effective) description of the weather

(gosh) dang/darn/dern – a cleaner version of a well-known, blasphemous expletive

dang/darn/dern tootin’ – an expression of agreement, as in, “Louella, you make the finest biscuits this side of the Mississippi.” “Dern tootin’.”

fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down – if someone is unbelievably unattractive, looking as though they’ve been hit with several ugly sticks, this is the proper way to express that ugliness

fixin’ to – getting ready/preparing to, as in, “I’m fixin’ to go to the Wal-Mart. Do y’all need anything?”

get up with – to contact or get together with

granny-slappin’ good (so good, it makes you want to slap your granny) – very good, usually delicious

gussied up – cleaned up and dressed very nicely (perhaps formally)

a hankerin’ for – a desire/craving for

happy as a puppy with two peckers/peters – very happy

high cotton – wealthy; successful (and maybe snobby)

hit with the ugly stick – if someone is quite unattractive, you can say they look like they’ve been hit with the ugly stick

honky-tonk – a bar, perhaps where country music is played live for folks to dance

hotter than a goat’s butt in a pepper patch – very hot

how-do – shortened form of “How do you do?”

If I had my druthers – if I had my way/my preference

kin/kinfolk – family, especially extended family

knee-high to a grasshopper – very young and small, as in, “The last time I saw you, you were knee-high to a grasshopper, and look how grown-up you are now!”

lick – (noun) any amount at all, usually used in negative sentences such as, “I didn’t get a lick of work done today because my boss kept calling me in for meetings.” (verb) To beat up, as in, “I licked him good that time.”

like herding cats – anything that is difficult to do, but especially anything that requires organizing difficult people (like small children)

mash – to press or push, as in, “Mash that green button and turn on the computer.”

(to) need something like one needs a hole in the head – Obviously you do not need a hole in your head; it’s even bad for you. Thus anything you definitely don’t need, and that might be detrimental to you in some way is described by this phrase.

ornery – difficult to deal with; stubborn; finicky

piddly/piddlin’ – a small amount (negative connotation)

poop or get off the pot – make a decision and take action

reckon – suppose, guess, as in, “I reckon we’ll see you at the reunion.”

right – very (often surprisingly); an adverb usually used to modify adjectives, as in, “You wouldn’t know it to look at him, but he’s a right good ball player.”

rough talk – to speak harshly

rubber-neck – to drive slowly so as to get a good look at a wreck or disabled vehicle on the side of the road. Those who rubber-neck are rubber-neckers.

skedaddle – to leave hurriedly

snug as a bug (in a rug) – very comfortable

sugar – affection, as in, “Come here and give me some sugar.”

sweet talk – to speak nicely, usually in order to get something you want

tater – potato
(to) think one’s s*** don’t stink – to think too highly of oneself

tore up – broken/destroyed, as in, “I came home to find the curtains all tore up,” or, “My knee has been tore up since that skiing accident back in ’93.”

uppity – snobby

used to could – used to be able to, as in, “I can’t do a cartwheel any more, but I used to could.”

useless as tits on a bull – utterly useless

varmint – an animal (usually wild)

Well, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. – an expression of surprise, shock and/or disbelief

y’all – a contraction of you + all. This is the informal 2nd person plural in Southern English.

yankee – a person from the North

yapper – mouth

younguns – young people

you’uns – y’all

Learn these, and you’ll be speaking Southern and Redneck slang before you know it!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Can I have a cookie?
You can keep the tea- I come bearing my own coffee!

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join