It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Syria prepared to fire missiles at Tel Aviv

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Did a search with the title above, no results, so apologies if repeat.

Syria has put its most advanced missiles on standby with orders to hit Tel Aviv if Israel launches another strike on its territory, The Sunday Times reported overnight Sunday.

YNET NEWS

More at the link.

We sort of knew an escalation, or attempt at escalation would be coming soon.

With the recent deployment of Russian Pacific Fleet ship to be anchoring at Cyprus for however long. I wonder if Assad has some back channel assurances of Russia watching his back if need be? Just speculation on my part.

Not trying to play into fear mongering, just posting the news.. or some latest development.

Russia has warned several times, in several ways, they won't tolerate much more BS in the region. Putin even hinted at the "N" word in measures that would taken to stop any more regime toppling going on.

The whole situation is not good, and this news, if accurate, and not pure propaganda..... certainly makes it a bit more hair trigger for everyone there.

Pravdaseeker

+10 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If true, good. I want to see Israel getting their venomous deceptive evil arses spanked hard in my lifetime.

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Syria would be well within their rights if they just went ahead and fired them. Israel has attacked Syria several times now so if they get attacked they have nothing to cry about.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well.... After reading around a bit and seeing this is pretty widely covered. I'd say it's Israel's turn to have a moment of pause. I don't think Assad is kidding. I think he also knows what comes after his missile launch...and so on. These aren't stupid men. There is a lot more at play here than we're seeing from the public side, IMO.

This has big pieces missing, I'm thinking.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
If true, good. I want to see Israel getting their venomous deceptive evil arses spanked hard in my lifetime.

America won't allow that to happen. Israel has bought too many politicians and duped far too many religious people who haven't bothered to read their holy books that they should be protected.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
why would Israel have to buy any politicians? How many high level American government positions are still held by
people with Israeli citizenship? Loyalty to Israel doesn't need to be bought.

Why would anyone think Syria attacking the capital would be a proportional response? So they don't have the justification to do so. It would be an escalation and Israel would then have a right to attack Damascus.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

While I would love to agree with you, I don't really think the U.S. is in a position to do very much about it. There isn't the political will for further conflict at home, we have serious economic issues, and with Russia in play our big boy card appears to be countered.

This is either good because it will settle things down or bad because the stage is set for a much broader and larger conflict.

Also, there are a lot of questions about exactly who these rebels are and how they are conducting themselves. The U.S. should show some level of deference to sovereignty. Failing to do so is bad mojo.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Israel's last strike WAS in Damascus and whatever it was, specifically, it was a whopper. A big hit. The stories around specifically mention the Airport in Tel Aviv. That would probably have the predicted effect in the stories as well. Grounding air traffic in and out of Israel and slamming them economically for the resulting chaos.

I think the difference people assume will be there, won't be. Syria is by far, not Iraq. Not by military technology or ability to use it. They aren't deploying missiles along the lines of a Scud variant, to shoot at a city for a terror target. It won't shock me to see them hit inside Israel with the same precision Israel can return the favor. Tit for Tat goes on, if it's proportional and no 'special sauce' finds it's way into one of the warheads. That would change the world, on the spot ...of course.

Preemptive war is about out of fashion though..and good riddens, the sooner the better. War is War and from here, I think Assad is outright saying it's Israel's to start. I think he has more backup than we're seeing.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

A people should never pay for the crimes of a rogue government. This is a terrible thing to say.

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

It's almost comical how the article tries to make Syria seem like the bad guy for simply preparing themselves against another Israelie preemtive strike.

How dare Syria defend themselves

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Two words: Iron Dome.

It's a lose/lose proposition for Syria. I doubt any missiles would get through and Israel would have the excuse they needed to spark escalated conflict.. "Look over here, Syria just fired at civilian population centers!"

Things just got dangerous!
edit on 5/19/2013 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Things that make me go hmmmm.....

With what we know about Israel wanting to re-build the temple, I wonder if they would take advantage of this situation by destroying the dome of the rock and say that it was hit by a missile?

It would give them the perfect opportunity.
I wonder.

www.timesofisrael.com...
www.templeinstitute.org...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Syria in the news to hit Israel, if Israel hits Syria, and then DPRK in the news holding Chian fishermen for $100,000, seems like whom can get the most head lines, Syria or DPRK ? ; why your watching the one, the other is doing some else, and behind the black curtain: Russia, Chian, Japan, US and SK, it is the puppet masters one souled be watching, more entertaining to see which string gets pulled next.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Obama cannot wait to rid US of Israeli influence.

He is spruiking Israel to attack so Syria/Russia are well within their rights to respond.

US will criticize Russia/Syrian countermeasures and destruction of Majority of Israel. Secretly Obama will support it.

But the longterm benefits to USA and the world will be worth it.

Russia will "observe" the impending invasion of Israel......yes, Israel will attempt the Samson Option but unsuccessfully.

Israel has played its predestined role in the 20/21st cetury....time to move on and redraw the maps again.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Remember those new weapons the Russians just gave him, I bet all my chips its those.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by timewarpedbrain7

I may be wrong about this, but from what I recall the newly supplied Russian hardware were anti-ship missles (naval craft) and a system to target aircraft (S-300) which is not yet operational.

If Syria were to target Israel it would most likely be done with different weaponry.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by timewarpedbrain7

I may be wrong about this, but from what I recall the newly supplied Russian hardware were anti-ship missles (naval craft) and a system to target aircraft (S-300) which is not yet operational.

If Syria were to target Israel it would most likely be done with different weaponry.

You are 100% correct.The systems were anti-ship and targeting.
Any SCUD type ballistic missiles launched at Israel would be intercepted with a high degree of accuracy, Syria knows that Tel Aviv has called their bluff. Not a good situation for stability.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Various reports have indicated that the Iron Dome is full of flaws and is nowhere nearly as effective as they portray it to be, and that's including the recent enhancments.

During the most recent Gaza/Israeli conflict, the Iron Dome had a very low success rate against the rockets being fired from Gaza. I am confident that the Syrian Army have some much more devastating weaponry. And if Hezblollah were to get involved from Lebanon that would also cause Israel some worry.

Israel is much more vulnerable than they want to admit when it comes to defensive measures which (IMO) is one of the various reasons why they act preemtively and use justifications that defy logic as reason for these unjustified attacks.

Personally I hope none of this happens but in my opinion it's only a matter of time until SHTF.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hello CE, ATS Readers, Writers,

Yep... well when you consider the source of the news...I suppose one could maybe expect YNET to be pro Israel eh?

Yeah, I agree... How dare Syria defend itself..lol.. DUH!!!

These news stories lately are like school yard accusations, or a bunch of girls having a "cat fight" sort of. Sigh..

I am not pro Israel, or pro Syria.. I am pro "knock the BS off" and let your neighbour live in peace kind of guy..

Israels actions usually really anger me.... so I got to sigh and breathe deep and hope somebody over there gains their sanity...before all heck breaks loose.

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I think the bluff has been checked already when Israelis just flew in and bombed the Syrian capital. No air defenses there what so ever. So, if Syrian army wants to show some credibility, they could try to do a tad more than just arming the missiles - and actually actively secure the air space integrity for their country.

The correct course of actions would have been:
- Syrian's can actually detect Israeli strike force moving in
- Syrian air forces engage the Israeli, together with air defenses
- Syrian air forces follow the Israeli back to Israel

Nothing of alike took place. Which means - there is no real capability a) to provide minimum air detection & defense, b) engage and counter the attack, or c) show any decent deterrent capacity.

And both sides know this.Threat level provided by Syria is nilch. But Israel is friendly enough not touting this all around, and occasionally check in to keep Syria in bay, and in touch with reality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join