It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Syria prepared to fire missiles at Tel Aviv

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

The US didnt win in afghanistan? are you nuts? Of course they did!

Did we?

What were our objectives? If just to get Osama, I guess we "won", though he wasn't in Afghanistan.
However, there are still Taliban there, still opium growers, still terrorists being trained and harbored, etc. So did we really "win" anything? I feel we spent a lot of lives and millions for not much of anything.

Reply to another:

This could have been over years ago, all they have to do is sign peace and collectively vote for a peace loving leadership

This much is true. The Palestinians had a shot at getting about 70% of their demands met, yet simply wouldn't budge on the issue of Jerusalem. Never going to happen guys. Get it through your thick skulls. Of course, Israel hasn't exactly been a pinnacle of kindness in dealing with them, but then again, you can only do so much for people who want to see you dead. I seriously doubt their conflict will EVER end.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It is great to see that I am not the only one who saw that we didn't accomplish much in Afghanistan. I was beginning to think I was living under a rock for the past decade.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

i don't hate israel, nor do i have anything against jews. i have everything against zionists though. israel is totally justified in sitting on their ass and sticking to their own corner of the playfield. with the military force they have (all for 'peace' and 'defending themselves'), they're perfectly capable of defending themselves IF the need arises. any serious attacks against them? 100 killed israelis? 50? maybe 10? oh, sorry, you mean that one destroyed jeep, and that AFTER israel attacked syria using airforce? as far as i've heard, those chemical weapons were used by rebels backed up by the west, not by assad's regime. the whole situation is meant to destabilize the region, and israel is not only perfectly aware of that, they're playing their role of regional mad dog. too dangerous to bother, someone said. well, it seems like some people had enough already. unfortunately, if zionists will stay in power, this insanity will only end up in even more bloodshed. much more. please, read some well known quotes from zionist leaders, educate yourself on how they perceive the rest of the world and all non-jews in general, and then ask yourself if defending israel by all means isn't a sign of blindness, and if zionists aren't racist to the extreme. don't get me wrong, i am not racist. i'm just sick and tired of the 'israel has the right to defend itself' excuse. they've crossed the line of self defense long time ago.

reply to post by combatmaster

i am not defending palestinians. this thread isn't about palestine and the conflict between them and israel. and you're right, i wasn't there. i saw some photos though. i saw the results of white phosphorous shells being used by israeli forces. i also saw a map of israel when it was brought to existence, and i saw the maps of the region showing how israel took more and more land, time after time. self defense? yeah, right. ask yourself, who started it?

with the amount of nukes they most probably have, zionists are able to bring down syria, iran, most of the middle east and probably quite a few places in europe. they're acting like a mad dog, shouting 'self defense' while attacking their neighbours, because they hope that noone will bother, afraid of their samson option. or perhaps they are just trying hard to cross the line to be backed in a corner and 'forced' to bring everyone else down with them? who knows, knowing their insanity and desperation to fulfill the role of the 'chosen ones'?

i feel sorry for jews. all the hatred directed at them by some people is a result of them not being able to make a distinction between jews and zionists. same goes for israel - it's a land of jews. some are good, some are bad - just like with every other nation - but it's their zionist leadership that is to blame.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

You have admitted to not witnessing anything in person. So shut up and lets leave it at that! Most of this is just speculation on your part anyway.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

'shut up'? how convenient and very much expected in case you lack arguments. please, enlighten me. which part is a speculation? the one about zionists and their attitude - which they've proven themselves, with their own words, and there are plenty of quotes online? the one about white phosphorous shells - with photos of what IDF did at gaza on many websites? how is your word - a word of anonymous person with claims not backed up by any proof, worth more to ATS readers than simple FACTS with TONS of proof available on the web? maps with israel taking more and more land are faked? another thread on ATS with a list of tons of ceasefire violations done by israel, is all hoax? how far will you go to defend their 'holy right' for 'self defense'? when will you understand that it's not about black and white, about one side being innocent and the other not - because that is NEVER the case - but about israel being a regional firestarter and a bully, playing a victim while attacking others, and that they've crossed the line of self defense a long time ago?

please, stick on topic. all the above clearly proves one thing. if israel has a right for self defense - so does syria and every other nation in the region. the thing is, what israel did by attacking syria, was NOT self defense. it was an act of war, and syria has every right to retaliate. i'm not saying they should fire missiles at tel aviv - killing civilians is NEVER a good option. it's just plain wrong. on the other hand though, comparing the numbers of killed on both sides of THIS conflict (any israelis dead?) and the acts of war commited by israel against syria (which is a SOVEREIGN nation as far as i'm concerned, not israel's backyard), can you blame them without blaming zionists first? war is never nice and fair. israel started it. it seems like they'll have to deal with the consequences this time.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What exactly do you have against the opium poppies? Its THE reason you're still there... and its giving quite the profit, ask the CIA why are you protecting those fields... actually if I recall correctly the US were the ones to reinstate Afghanistan's poppy industry.
Before US invasion the Taliban were burning the crops. Page 5 "Nation's opium production virtually wiped" - february 01 newspaper
One year after the US invasion of Afghanistan the cultivation increased by 600% (UN drug data, not mine)

I call that a win. Wouldnt you?

If not, you should ask yourself "What do I know about the Golden Crescent".

I mean... I admit that I've been wrong a couple of times, and that I've fought for the wrong reasons sometimes, and that I thought that I was actually changing something for the better and that I was naive, and I dont know... but to the point to believe that Afghanistan was about Osama Bin Laden? Really? Gaz come on... you're a grown man... thats the adult equivalent to santa claus.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't think Israel should escalate the situation any further. North Korean or Chinese military personnel were recently spotted in Syria. Who do you think the North Koreans are producing nuclear weapons for? North Korea always exports their military technology. It is the only way they make money. We already know they were helping the Syrians construct that nuclear reactor before it was bombed. What is the world going to do if North Korea sells or has sold nukes to other countries? Nothing. One day they will be selling intercontinental ballistic missiles to other countries. Israel is a small country. It cannot survive a chemical and biological saturation strike; certainly not a nuclear one. Syria, at least the leadership, can survive an Israeli nuclear strike.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Syria would be well within their rights if they just went ahead and fired them. Israel has attacked Syria several times now so if they get attacked they have nothing to cry about.

That's exactly what they want, for Syria to retaliate.
But the media will not sell it as Syria defending it self against an act of war.
It will be sold as Syrian aggression.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Im sorry you feel that way.

I am trying to help you and ATS by spilling some unfathomable yet very accurate, real truth and seeing how you sheeple handle it. But it is apparent to me that the underlying hatred that exist in the anti-zionist way of thinking is what has led to Zionism and even Judaism to exist in the first place.

All im saying is the world only has itself to blame for Israel and even Zionism. And now its too late to do anything about it, since 'Sampson's Option' is on the table! Too late for everyone including Syria.

All your words here eventually lead to nothing! Yet you might actually learn something new from my words, my son! :-)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by combatmaster

Im sorry you feel that way.

I am trying to help you and ATS by spilling some unfathomable yet very accurate, real truth and seeing how you sheeple handle it. But it is apparent to me that the underlying hatred that exist in the anti-zionist way of thinking is what has led to Zionism and even Judaism to exist in the first place.

All im saying is the world only has itself to blame for Israel and even Zionism. And now its too late to do anything about it, since 'Sampson's Option' is on the table! Too late for everyone including Syria.

All your words here eventually lead to nothing! Yet you might actually learn something new from my words, my son! :-)

first, i am not your son.

second, samson option is on the table as long as zionists want it to be on the table. if it's too late, israel is to blame.

third, i see no 'very accurate, real truth' in your words at all. and yes, i saw your claims in other threads. go ahead, start your own thread about what you saw, just don't forget to mention some real details, like the unit you served in, exact places, situations, because everyone can say 'i saw this and that', the problem is that there is NOTHING that is possible to verify in your claims, at least to verify by information search in reasonable time - and additional details - any details in fact - could make it easier. assuming it is the truth - i have certain lack of trust for people calling me sheeple.

and fourth, get your facts straight. underlaying hatred in anti-zionist way of thinking? who said i hate anyone? in fact, i've stated the exact opposite thing, yet you keep trying to distort my words. besides, anti-zionist way of thinking doesn't equal to hatred. see, i'm not a zionist, so i don't stick hate labels to everyone that doesn't agree with me - that's the precise way of thinking that zionists present - everyone not agreeing with them is an anti-zionist and anti-semite (for them it's like the same thing, or at least they're trying to make it seem so - when in reality it is not) filled with hatred, bloodlust and who knows what else. it's also the precise way of thinking you're presenting right now, when you're out of arguments.

and on topic, israel has no right to use samson option - the whole existence of it is a proof of the fact that zionist leaders are religious fanatics and dangerous psychopaths. they've attacked first, syria has a right to retaliate. they gave israel a warning before doing anything serious though, so if anything worse happens, there's really noone else than israel to blame at this point.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join