It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHINA GOLD EXCHANGE DEFAULT - CASH SETTLEMENT- Here comes the pain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I searched and did not see an article covering this breaking news. If this is the wrong place for this, please feel free to move the thread. Thanks.

HKME VOLUTARILY SURRENDERS

Hong Kong, 18 May 2013

The Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange (HKMEx) announces today it has decided to voluntarily surrender the authorisation to provide automated trading services (“ATS”) granted by the Securities and Futures Commission (“the SFC”). With immediate effect, no new orders may be placed and all open positions will be financially settled at the settlement price determined by HKMEx and its designated clearinghouse.

The voluntary surrender decision was made to enable the Exchange to re-align its strategy with the new industry environment since its trading revenues have not been sufficient to support operating expenses and, as a result, its inability to meet the required regulatory financial conditions.

While trading on the Exchange will discontinue, HKMEx as an organisation will continue to operate with its existing staff, and will focus on developing new products including renminbi-denominated precious and base metals contracts that will better meet customer needs.

Looks to me w/this move, China is going to drop the Gold Market pretty good.
edit on Mon May 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed and tagged IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Mon May 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They allow ATS in China
That's cool, I thought for sure they would sensor it.

I don't really understand what this means. I'm missing something. Does it mean that China won't be accepting gold as payment?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog3n8

Then I guess it is a good thing that American Currency is No longer backed by Gold or Silver.

If you have purchased Gold at the $1800+ dollar an ounce price you might want to sell before it goes back to $300-$400 an once.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
or maybe america is still sending tungsten bars covered in gold as payment .that one seems to be covered up

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Then I guess it is a good thing that American Currency is No longer backed by Gold or Silver.

If you have purchased Gold at the $1800+ dollar an ounce price you might want to sell before it goes back to $300-$400 an once.

Gold will never drop below 1,000 an ounce in your lifetime. If a cache was found, or a giant vein was found or a new mine discovered it could theoretically drop it a bit but I think it's pretty clear 1,000 is the safe number it will rest on. Due to high demand it'll still trade higher than that.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don't speak Chinese,
but I think the opening post said
that the HKMEx is no longer going to participate
in high volume automated computerized exchange of precious metals.

The are settling the accounts on the books, and looking to reposition, but will no longer subject themselves to the tyranny of computerized algorithms trading with themselves to skim the market.

/wild throw of my-two-cents across the pacific.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I was waiting for more people to comment before I put in my two cents...but in essence ....what the article is stating is the you won't be able to trade Gold on HKME...that any open puts will be paid in a value (devaluation) that they decide it is worth. It further goes on to say that they will be exploring different other precious metals/commidities for investors.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pyramidikal

Actually, if this is what I think it is, as it is well documented that China has been buying up a lot of Gold...if they wanted to tank the market...thereby buying an even larger shares of the Gold Market at a lower price...this would be a very good way to do it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I don't really understand what this means. I'm missing something. Does it mean that China won't be accepting gold as payment?

It means that those people who though they were buying gold but instead bought fraud gold derivatives are going to be settled in paper fiat.

The domino has been pushed. Good luck to all.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yep that is my read as well...it will effect other commodities as well...Oil...Food...etc...as people try to position their trade on things that are much more durable.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

The worst case scenario is theoretically 680-700 and more practically 850-870 but even that is unlikely. More likely we will stop in the 1150 area but cant rule out a dip to just under 1000 either.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Well it is good to see that Everyone thinks I am Right without saying it.

The last time checked the price of gold was a few months ago. It was at around $1800.
Now it is around $1300.

So, the price was tanking before this was ever news.

Maybe it will not get back to 3-4 hundred an once but my point is, SELL NOW while you can get some of your money back.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The recent article or two about the future prospects of mining incredible amounts of gold from the ocean floor is perhaps giving us glimpses of some changes in the area of gold production which may drastically alter the current situation. Regardless of how your economy is based, more product = lower prices unless you can whip up the demand. And that is the name of the game.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Sorry I thought I had replied to you am watching the action w/the line of tornadoes in OK...already one F1, a strong F2 currently that may go to F3...and another supercell fight behind it...will post on another thread....

I am thinking that this is going drop into the 800...everyone has been talking about a correction even after the 500 drop...I guess we will see.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog3n8
I am thinking that this is going drop into the 800...everyone has been talking about a correction even after the 500 drop...I guess we will see.

Preparation for confiscation, perhaps?

International Dutch bank (ABN AMRO, owned by the Dutch government) confiscated all its customers’ gold bullion being held in safe custody. The bank did agree to pay for the bullion, though at artificially low prices.

The operative word being *pay*. Confiscating gold at artificially low prices by agreeing to buy it now with fiat bucks is a scam of last resort.

I think that this might be the end of the paper game.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is very significant and I'm at a loss as to why there is not more outcry about this on the forum, unlike most topics this has the potential to very negatively impact anyone who holds any financial asset that is not a hard asset they hold in their custody (physical gold, silver, land, ammo, food, seeds, etc).

Here is another article on this:

HK exchange technically defaults

If you have all your survival stuff squared away you should be buying physical precious metals with both hands.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

If you have all your survival stuff squared away you should be buying physical precious metals with both hands.

I couldn't agree more.

Check out this article. This is going to get interesting.

On Thursday Reuters reported again on the tight supply conditions out of Asia. The story in the press has been reported as “high premiums for physical” but in reality the following quote is more descriptive. "Honestly, we don’t have enough physical gold to supply to the Chinese" said a dealer in Singapore. "This is mad.”

(There has been a) complete stoppage of delivery to the Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE). Night after night there have been no deliveries made. The gold is “somewhere else.”

In prior inventories-on-fumes episodes, there was a lot more producer hedging in place and thus there was steady delivery of a real product — actual physical gold. Today, we have a completely different setup: There’s little producer hedging. In February 2010 there were about 140,000 contracts hedged by producers. In July 2011, there were 200,000 or 20 million ounces. Hedged gold translates into delivered gold to the Comex warehouse.

Today, there are only 27,066 (2.7 million ounces) hedged, and this is spread out for delivery over months and even years. CoT data indicates that in the week ending Tuesday, May 14, producers closed out a whopping 1.04 million ounces of hedges.

This may also suggest that gold producers prefer to sell their gold elsewhere and bypass the Comex altogether as a legitimate place to conduct business. I truly believe that the poorly regulated Comex is suffering reputational risk and is a hallow, corrupt example of the original purpose of a commodity exchange. Since there no price discovery on the Comex, it wouldn’t surprise me if virtually all producer deliveries disappeared simply because there are better prices to be had in the physical gold market.

winteractionables.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Good point, unlike ten or five years ago, there is much less hedging by gold/silver producers; they know where the price is going and don't want to get locked in. Should be interesting.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The only gold I have is a gold tooth, like a pirate (except it's along the side and not up front, like a pirate). The Chinese aren't getting it, I can tell you that.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by rickymouse

It means that those people who though they were buying gold but instead bought fraud gold derivatives are going to be settled in paper fiat.

The domino has been pushed. Good luck to all.

can't wait till this happens in the COMEX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join