It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most important book in ufology ( your choice).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I started a similar thread in 2011 but thought it was time to revisit this.
Everyone has a single book that has affected their viewpoint of the subject whether it is early in their journey of studying ufology or after they have developed a knowledge base.
It would be easy to do a top ten but I think it would be interesting to have a single choice to see if a particular title stands out.

For me it has to be TOP SECRET / MAJIC by Stanton Friedman.

The dedication of this man in the pursuit of the truth is an inspiration to me.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'd like to think I have a pretty decent collection of solid UFO books but the one that currently stands out for me and I'm sure will have changed many views and a possible game changer is UFO's: Generals, Pilots and Government officials go on the record by Leslie Kean. An absolutely thought provoking and well researched book, years of evidence.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The only inspiration i get from Friedman is to be like Eugene Crabs from Spongebob,money money money

On topic the books by Keel-Vallee are a must for me and i agree 99% with them

Nice thread

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Messengers of Deception by Jacques Vallee was probably the most important book I've read on the subject and changed the way I view the phenomenon. I've always been interested in UFO's, abductions, etc, but Vallee changed the way I understood it completely and helped me to connect certain dots that I would have taken years to connect otherwise.

There are a few other books out there that had a huge impact on me as far as the subject is concerned and I'd have to mention some of Whitley Striebers work as well (communion and transformation specifically), since he seems to illustrate some of the conclusions Vallee came to without doing so intentionally.
edit on 19-5-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I can't tell which one is the most important in ufology, simply because I didn't read all of them.

From the ones I've read, I say Col. Corsos "The Day after Roswell" is a milestone.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I really enjoyed Riech of the Black Sun.
Nazi's, secret bases and flying saucers

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Richard Dolan's "UFOs and the National Security State" Volumes 1 and 2, by far.

Volume 3 is due out soonish.

These books, IMO, are the best books about the subject out there. I love Dolan's work.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Good thread.
I'm not that well read in Ufology but I would add Fire In the Sky,Travis Walton, Bud Hopkins', Missing Time, and Abduction by Dr. John E. Mack, as well as Day After Roswell as mentioned above.

For more contemplative or gray basket reads Lou Baldin's In League with a UFO and Nigel Kerner's Grey Aliens and the Harvesting of Souls were farther reaching but have a degree of plausibility that makes you wonder.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

I would say the most important book in ufology is yet to be written , it would detail what they are , where they're from and include verifiable information to back up the claims made .

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
One of my favorites is "The Case For The UFO" by Morris K. Jessup in 1955 mainly because it was my first. An original copy can be found in the Gray Barker files located at the Clarksburg WV library. When Grey Barker died, his family donated all of his files and books to the library. There are 7 filing cabinets stuffed full of files on everything from UFO's, The Philadelphia Experiment, Big Foot, Men in Black, The Moth Man, etc, etc. It is definitely a treasure of information open to anyone that is interested in these things.

"The Case For UFO's" can be found online here,

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Or you can buy it here for a small fee of $95.00.

www.amazon.com...

Pladuim
edit on 19-5-2013 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Lot of great books mentioned so far but never forget some of the first books ever written

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

There happens to be a file on Keyhoe in those Grey Barker files. Even pictures of the Mike Wallace interview. He was definitely a hero in the UFO field.

Pladuim

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks ufocon.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Oh yea, lets sum this all up to hallucinations. The only thing that book would be good for is TP.

Pladuim

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval

Everyone has a single book that has affected their viewpoint of the subject whether it is early in their journey of studying ufology or after they have developed a knowledge base.

Thought this recent one dealing with government UFO documentation (and just how seriously the UFO subject has been taken over the years) is a must read for anyone with a genuine interest in the subject.

'UFOs And Government: A Historical Inquiry'

The story, which is unmasked by the governments' own documents, explains much that is new, or at least not commonly known, about the seriousness with which the military and intelligence communities approached the UFO problem internally.

link

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Day After Roswell by Col. Phillip Corso convinced me.

I'm not sure if I believe in the abduction phenomena, but Whitley Strieber's Communion is a great book on his alleged experiences. Also, it will scare your socks off

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Haven't read any of Dolan's books on the subject yet...but my bible on the subject is: The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, by Edward J. Ruppelt --- Former Head of the Air Force Project Blue Book.

My favorite chapter, is chapter four: Green Fireballs, Project Twinkle, Little Lights, and Grudge

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

but my bible on the subject is: The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, by Edward J. Ruppelt

I agree it is a great book

The LibriVox audio version is available for free Here and is well worth a listen .

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Oh yea, lets sum this all up to hallucinations. The only thing that book would be good for is TP.

Pladuim

Why not? Oliver Sacks is very knowledgable about the subject? It's an important area that seems to get ignored by the closed minded.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The UFO Experience by Dr. J. Allen Hynek was pretty eye-opening for me. Any of Hynek's books about UFOs are great reads.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join